aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Kuro no Tsuki Not Saving

I can't get Kuro no Tsuki to save any files. It doesn't crash, the files just won't save and it is very frustrating. Please help!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello CatoStar4!

Wow, I haven't heard anyone else mention Kuro no Tsuki in a long time; this is one of my favourite VN's (despite a lack of a good skip function).

As for saving... Well, the game is an old game, so it saves it's files in the same folder it was installed to.

If you installed the game in a default location, such as C:\Program Files (x86)\, then Windows will outright prevent you from saving the game. The Program Files folder is a protected folder, that Windows manages to prevent viruses and malware from wreaking havoc.

So with this in mind, it is always a better to install games somewhere else, and not the default location. So I install my games here: C:\Games\ (If the folder doesn't exist, then make it! It's that simple)

Once KnT has been uninstalled, then reinstalled in the Games folder, it should now work.

Good luck! Let me know if you have any other issues. ^_^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Clear (L9)Yashiro STWH (L9)Motomi TnC(L2)
    (S040) RyoumaImagase (L8)Gunji (L6)
    (S041) IzumiTakano (L3)Zero (L8)
    I encountered the same problem and I never install my games into Program Files directory. So I tried a couple of obvious things: firstly copying the game to somewhere else than the folder that was still seeding in uTorrent. Secondly making sure the folders and files did not have 'read-only' tagged. After this saving worked fine.