aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Togainu no Chi Patch Trouble

Yesterday I installed the ISO of Togainu no Chi from a thread here. The version I installed came with the file that contained the full English patch, and the game itself works perfectly without a hitch. Unfortunately, when I go to install the English patch, a notification repeatedly comes up and says it's incapable of doing so.
    tnc.jpg

Can someone please help me with this? Thank you!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello ALterEXile!

That error happens when the Patching program doesn't have permission to edit the file.

Windows, by default, prevents programs from modifying files that were installed into the C:\Program Files\ folder. It's a preventative measure to try and cut down on viruses and malware.

The down side is that this prevents the patch from working, and will also prevent the game from making save games properly, as the game saves it's files in the same folder it was installed to. (I've also heard occurrences of TnC reverting to Japanese text after a few scenes, despite it being fully patched...)

If you mix this combination with OTHER Antivirus programs (Such as McAfee), your antivirus program may trigger a false-positive on the patch program, because it is altering files.

So! A fix for this would be to uninstall TnC, then re-install it in a different location. Some place like: C:\Games\NitroplusCHiRAL\咎狗の血 would work! That's the place I install all my games. It makes it easier to run patches, and helps with other compatibility issues.

Also, if you're unsure, try running programs as Administrator.