aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

HELP! Can't install Dmmd D:

I have a mac which I recently bootcamped into windows7 for the sole purpose of playing this game!!!
    I downloaded dmmd from yaoiotaku. Used daemon tools to mount the iso file.
    Changed the locale to japanese, downloaded and installed directx11.
    When i try to install the game by clicking "install ok?-" nothing happens. absolutely nothing. I tried opening the dmmdsetup.exe with administrator privileges and I get the same result....

this is driving me nuts can somebody please please help D: D: D:

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Heya topgirlkr95!

Actually, the 'Nothing happening' thing when you try to install is because there's an issue with the Install Shield program. (This is a program in Windows, not on the DMMd disk).

There are a few things that are preventing the Installation Shield program from running (such as driver conflicts, antivirus programs preventing it from running, or other nonsense) so to bypass this problem, you can try one of two things.

First, try Sandboxie (Sandboxie - Download Sandboxie). This program, after installing it (and rebooting), will allow programs to run in an uninterrupted environment, without outside interference. Open up the DMMd CD, go into the 'Product' folder, and RIGHT-CLICK on the file 'Setup.exe'. In the pop-up menu, select the option named 'Run Sandboxed'. It should now work, so you can install the game.

(By the by, I suggest changing the default location the game suggests for installing the game. Instead of the default of C:\Program Files (x86)\NitroplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murder\ install it here: C:\Games\NitroplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murder\ . This will help later when you need to patch the game, then apply the English patch.)

If that doesn't work, then you may need to install a newer version of Install Shield. I'll explain that later, if the first option I suggested doesn't work.

Good luck!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Heya topgirlkr95!

Actually, the 'Nothing happening' thing when you try to install is because there's an issue with the Install Shield program. (This is a program in Windows, not on the DMMd disk).

There are a few things that are preventing the Installation Shield program from running (such as driver conflicts, antivirus programs preventing it from running, or other nonsense) so to bypass this problem, you can try one of two things.

First, try Sandboxie (Sandboxie - Download Sandboxie). This program, after installing it (and rebooting), will allow programs to run in an uninterrupted environment, without outside interference. Open up the DMMd CD, go into the 'Product' folder, and RIGHT-CLICK on the file 'Setup.exe'. In the pop-up menu, select the option named 'Run Sandboxed'. It should now work, so you can install the game.

(By the by, I suggest changing the default location the game suggests for installing the game. Instead of the default of C:\Program Files (x86)\NitroplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murder\ install it here: C:\Games\NitroplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murder\ . This will help later when you need to patch the game, then apply the English patch.)

If that doesn't work, then you may need to install a newer version of Install Shield. I'll explain that later, if the first option I suggested doesn't work.

Good luck!

sandboxie fail.png

this is what happened when I installed sandboxie and tried to run setup.exe
    btw my laptop is in korean. the last sentence means: " %1 is not a valid win32 application (193)"

D: doesn't seem to be working OTL...
    May I have the second method please!!!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    OTL?

And that's very strange that Sandboxie isn't liking that program (I had to use this method myself).

Lessie... OK, second option... It's a bit long, so click the spoiler tag below to read it.

If InstallShield doesn't work, I have some last questions for you...

#1, are you running any Antivirus programs? If so, which ones?

#2, Are you using an Administrator user account in Windows 7?

#3, When you changed the 'locale' to Japanese, did you set the System Locale, or something else?

And lastly... have you recently had any Virus or Malware problems on your computer?