aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Question [Solved] Will DMMD/DMMD:RC retain the saved files when transferred?

Hello, I'm new here so do accept my apologies if I'm doing anything wrong. Before I start off with my question though, I just wanted to thank everyone involved in the DRAMAtical Murder and DRAMAtical Murder RE:Connect's patch because you guys did a wonderful job and I wouldn't have been able to play it if it wasn't for the translations; so, thank you all.

Anyway, I downloaded both patches on my pc from Fuwanovel and have completed both games. However, my pc is soon to be discarded and I'll be getting a new laptop in place. Naturally, I'll be transferring my files to external hard disc drives and then to the laptop.

Likewise, I'll be doing so with both games and am assuming I'll have to install both games on the laptop with the whole "Change System Local" process, but my question is: will doing so cause the game to reinstall itself, thus wiping all my saved files?

I will not have the laptop till July so I couldn't try it myself. If it doesn't retain its completed status, I wouldn't need to buy another EHDD/USB to fit the files of both games. Although I could just torrent it again, I'll be going to uni and I'm afraid that the internet connection there wouldn't fit for a fast download or whether the uni allow their students to torrent at all. So, I would much rather the game keep their current completed status or at least know if it would be necessary to spend for another EHDD/USB.

So, I guess that's all to it. I hope my question didn't cause any trouble or annoyance, I'm sorry if it did, and that a helpful reply would be much appreciated. Thank you for reading!
    Last edited by hyeminah; 06-19-2014 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Title change

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Welcome hyeminah! ^_^

The short answer to your question: No. The save files will not transfer if you just move the games.

The long answer: You can move them, though! They're easily found and transferable. The save files can be fairly big in size, as each save file you've ever made, plus the global save file can add up.

If you don't plan on playing DMMd or DMMdrc until your new laptop arrives (or just won't make any saves), you can use these steps to back it up:

1) Click on the "Start" button icon, and in the search bar type: %APPDATA%
    Exactly as written, then press enter. A window will popup. This is where your computer saves most things per program. Look for a folder called "NitroplusCHiRAL", there is where your DMMd and DMMdrc (And other N+C games) saves are.

2) Simply copy this folder to a USB Drive, or other what have you to back them up.

3) When you have your new computer, after doing the System Locale dance, then do the same process again. Click "Start" button icon (Unless you're using Windows 8, then you have to enable the Desktop mode first), then type in %APPDATA% again, and it will load up the same save folder.

4) Then just copy over the "NitroplusCHiRAL" folder from your backup source, and your saves should be visible in game!

Hope that helps you! ^_^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I'm so glad there's a way to keep the save files! You're very kind and helpful, thank you so much (∩ω∩)