aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Can't install Dramatical Murder

I have a problem with installing Dramatical Murder. I got the game from yaoiotaku. After extracting the files there's a DMMDSetup, but when I click it it says "This application has failed to start because d3dx9_42.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

What the heck is a d3dx9_42.dll? Should I just download DMMD from another site that is not named "yaoitaku"?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by mistrisser08 View Post
    I have a problem with installing Dramatical Murder. I got the game from yaoiotaku. After extracting the files there's a DMMDSetup, but when I click it it says "This application has failed to start because d3dx9_42.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

What the heck is a d3dx9_42.dll? Should I just download DMMD from another site that is not named "yaoitaku"?
    Nah, YaoiOtaku is an alright site.

The problem is you're playing DMMd on a Windows 8.1 computer. DMMd is a 32-bit program, this means it was programed to work on older systems, like from Windows XP and 32-bit versions of newer Windows. It also uses something called DirectX 9.c.

It's been hard-coded to look for that specific file, instead of requesting a function. Windows 8 comes with DirectX 11 by default, which includes DirectX9 for compatibility, but the file names aren't the same. Try running the install in Compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3.

You may need to run the installation directly, instead of running it through the Autorun. Explore the CD, there are a couple of folders. I've forgotten the exact name of the one you're looking for, but the CD also contains a DirectX installer (Don't use), and the SDRT security installer. There's another folder you're looking for with an installer. Run that one in Compatibility mode.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Nah, YaoiOtaku is an alright site.

The problem is you're playing DMMd on a Windows 8.1 computer. DMMd is a 32-bit program, this means it was programed to work on older systems, like from Windows XP and 32-bit versions of newer Windows. It also uses something called DirectX 9.c.

It's been hard-coded to look for that specific file, instead of requesting a function. Windows 8 comes with DirectX 11 by default, which includes DirectX9 for compatibility, but the file names aren't the same. Try running the install in Compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3.

You may need to run the installation directly, instead of running it through the Autorun. Explore the CD, there are a couple of folders. I've forgotten the exact name of the one you're looking for, but the CD also contains a DirectX installer (Don't use), and the SDRT security installer. There's another folder you're looking for with an installer. Run that one in Compatibility mode.
    I am literally crying trying to understand what you said. I'm not being sarcastic here. I'm not very smart when it comes to computer terms and other related subjects. All I know is that my PC is Windows XP not 8.1.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Err, sorry. x.x;; I didn't mean to confuse you to tears...

My mind's a bit of fluff this morning...

When you downloaded the game from YaoiOtaku, was it the FULL thing including the English patch? Like, no installation or anything, just download and run?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Err, sorry. x.x;; I didn't mean to confuse you to tears...

My mind's a bit of fluff this morning...

When you downloaded the game from YaoiOtaku, was it the FULL thing including the English patch? Like, no installation or anything, just download and run?
    There were patches but I'm not sure if it was English patch or something since it just said Patch. Well the download links are broken or maybe it's just my computer blocking sendspace.com.

There is an installation guide which I didn't understand before but now I do thanks to you. The only problem I have now is how to mount a .ISO image and the East Asian pack which was also my problem with No Thank You. Darn it.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by mistrisser08 View Post
    There were patches but I'm not sure if it was English patch or something since it just said Patch. Well the download links are broken or maybe it's just my computer blocking sendspace.com.

There is an installation guide which I didn't understand before but now I do thanks to you. The only problem I have now is how to mount a .ISO image and the East Asian pack which was also my problem with No Thank You. Darn it.
    OK! If you have a link to that YaoiOtaku thread it might give a little insight, but in the mean time, try this:

To mount an ISO, you will require a program that does just that. There are two widely used ones: Daemon Tools Lite (Disk-Tools.com) and Virtual Clone Drive (http://static.slysoft.com/SetupVirtualCloneDrive.exe). They both work on Windows XP, so it's up to you which one you want. Most people use Daemon Tools, though.

After installing that, you can now "Mount" ISO's, IMG, BIN, CUE, all those funky files you may have seen and look funny, but can sometimes be opened in WinRAR/7Zip.

With Daemon Tools, once you run it, you click on the green 'play' button, and select the ISO you want to mount. After that, your computer will now think that the CD is inserted into a CD Drive.

We'll work on installing the games AFTER we've managed to fix the Japanese issue, unfortunately... The games need your System's "Locale" set to Japanese (this WILL NOT change the language of Windows, just allow Japanese programs to run, but it requires the Asian Language Pack. We'll work on that after, or in the other thread...)

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

OK! If you have a link to that YaoiOtaku thread it might give a little insight, but in the mean time, try this:

To mount an ISO, you will require a program that does just that. There are two widely used ones: Daemon Tools Lite (Disk-Tools.com) and Virtual Clone Drive (http://static.slysoft.com/SetupVirtualCloneDrive.exe). They both work on Windows XP, so it's up to you which one you want. Most people use Daemon Tools, though.

After installing that, you can now "Mount" ISO's, IMG, BIN, CUE, all those funky files you may have seen and look funny, but can sometimes be opened in WinRAR/7Zip.

With Daemon Tools, once you run it, you click on the green 'play' button, and select the ISO you want to mount. After that, your computer will now think that the CD is inserted into a CD Drive.

We'll work on installing the games AFTER we've managed to fix the Japanese issue, unfortunately... The games need your System's "Locale" set to Japanese (this WILL NOT change the language of Windows, just allow Japanese programs to run, but it requires the Asian Language Pack. We'll work on that after, or in the other thread...)
    I really am truly grateful for all your help but the time difference between our countries is really getting in the way. It's now very late in the evening here and I must sleep now because I still have classes. I'll reply immediately after I download the ISO program. Thanks again!

Also the link to yaoiotaku, http://www.yaoiotaku.com/forums/thre...al-murder-dmmd

By the way, I'll try downloading the torrent one since the other download links are so confusing with the part 1, part 2 stuffs. Not now though.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

No worries. I understand about the Timezone thing. Have a good night and sleep well!

We'll try again later. Send me a message when you start to have time, and I'll see if it's okay where I am. Maybe we can try something else...