aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Ariard-Shounen alice Problem

Hello everyone
    (ノ´ヮ´)ノ

I recently download the game Ariard. I was realy happy i could play this game..
    I installed it and it went all smoothly..but then..when i clicked the "Start Game" it showed me this :

Untitled.jpg

Does anyone know the cause of it and how to solve it? It would be a great help!
    Anyway, Thanks in advance
    <(_ _)>

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

This happened with me the first time I played. You can either change the local of your computer to Japan or use AppLocale and open the game in Japanese code.
    Umm... I know this isn't related to your question, but is that Aya from Touhou Project near the osu! icon in the top widget?

Sorry for my bad english.

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Lelouch (L1)Suzaku (L4)Lloyd (L5)
    Yuri (L2)Fire Emblem (L4)Clear DM (L8)
    Motomi TnC(L2)America (L5)

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Woaa~h Thanks very much!
    O(≧∇≦)O

and Luycchin, no..it's not Aya :3

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hello, I have a similar problem, can someone help me? The folder Latte doesn't appear in my program folder! I if I try to play the game the same error ocurred. Why doesn't my computer, with windows system for japan, recognise the folder Latte even through the update for the game says that the folder is there!? And now i can even uninstall ou install again, please help ;-;

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I got a problem, i downloaded the file from mega but when i try to unzip the file a message tells me that the file its corrupted so i can't unzip it and play it. Please help i really want to play this game.
    sorry for bad english.

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Hi Nunzyaoi!

I don't know if you'll still see this since it's been a few months since your question. You probably figured out your issue already, buuuuttt~

First off,
    for anyone unsure, files you download that say "corrupt"--are well--corrupt. You can't extract them because they are likely missing pieces. Also, you don't wanna try to break that or go around it (I did, and it doesn't work anyways...but that might also be a way to possibly break your computer...so just fyi) Now, corrupt files can also carry probable viruses...so there's also that reason why you should probably let that file go I know....back to finding some viable links.

Here is a link to the game index btw if you want to find your way to this game or any others, I'll re-link everything in one place at the end just in case:

Games Index (aarinfantasy.com)

Now, I downloaded the most recent MEGA file from this link on aarinfantasy by Viharn: Also, I like ALWAYS try to have my locale set to Japanese, if you don't have that set. I suggest going and doing that. If you need directions on how, YouTube will definitely help.

Also, here is the link for the actual game itself:

Ariard -Shounen Alice- (aarinfantasy.com)

There will be a few posts to the thread with new and updated ones each time...only I tried them all and they are all currently expired except for the MEGA uploads post by Viharn

(EDIT: It's Dec 29th, 2021 and that link still works)

Here is my URL link from clicking on their MEGA link if for some reason the other two links don't work or you just find this the quickest.

MEGA
    I actually use MEGA downloads frequently and to "guest" users you have an even more limited amount of mega file GB transfers than a user does, and even less than someone who pays for just a month's worth of transfer storage. So fyi incase it's not letting you download via MEGA downloads.

Now instructions for installation in case you need it:

*Change locale to Japanese setting, or if you already have it set, keep it on before you download the games and after.
    *Make sure you have a MEGA account (that could make a difference)
    *Download seperate .rar files, vs the zip folder option. Takes way less time up.
    *Only need to extract the first .rar file (looks like books) and keep extracting until yellow folder pops up
    Attachment 176425

For install instructions, look at the pictures down below:

Attachment 176426

1) MEGA downloads should like this within your folder (where-ever you choose to download them) once they are done:

Alice files after downloads.jpg

(Like I explained keep your locale on while downloading because as you can see, the original files are in Japanese and will probably show as "corrupt" or "cannot be recognized" or whatever other messages that may or may not show after you download them with your locale NOT on. It doesn't happen that way for everyone...but it has happened to me, so I just find it handy keeping it on the majority of the time)

2) Now then, extract the first .rar file only:

Alice file to extract.jpg

*(The one that looks like a stack of library books, and you keep on extracting what comes after in it's place. If it doesn't give you a yellow folder right away, just keep going until you do get to the yellow folder)*

3) Afterwards, this is what your files should look like:

completed Alice files.jpg

*Then click on the yellow file folder and proceed to mount your ROM file using whatever works for you. Right now I have only used Daemon Tools Lite, and don't know about any other software for mounting "DISCS" in order to play them*

Daemon Tools Lite can be downloaded here:

DAEMON Tools Lite 10: The most personal application for disc imaging yet - DAEMON-Tools.cc (daemon-tools.cc)

There is a basic free version, and a newest updated one that you have to pay for. You can by the individual packs for what you need, or the whole package which costs 43$

4) Anyways the icons after you click on the yellow folder should look like so:

Ariad mounted and updates.jpg

5) Now, click on the first one (Ariard) to open it and mount it using your tool.

FYI some games will always need to be mounted if they are not using a program that can keep automatically reading them like a disc once you add the file to the program. For example, all of my iso files for PPSSPP once added will no longer need me to go and find the game and mount it each time I want to play it. But, unfortunately with Ariard, I have to go and mount it each time

6) After that, click on the Ariard Update 1.1 and start that. I clicked on that before installing the exe (which you're supposed to mount and run the exe first) and well for obvs reasons that didn't work. ANYWAYS, once everything is set up and updated, the files look like so:

Ariard entirely completed.jpg

Annnnnnd THAT'S IT! YAAAY, you're all set for installation instructions and possible fixes to the "corrupt" issue or the "locale" issue...fingers crossed I helped you or anyone else and if not apologies! Especially because this was the longest post of my life!

Now just to keep them in all places here are links you may find useful or need to use, you can also find you-tube videos on all of these or google questions for installation if you really can't figure it out...I'm not going to go into any more detail, otherwise I'll end up with a post as large as an Encyclopedia book here.

Daemon Tools Lite: DAEMON Tools Lite 10: The most personal application for disc imaging yet - DAEMON-Tools.cc (daemon-tools.cc)

WinRar: WinRAR download free and support: Download (win-rar.com) the latest WinRar will always be listed at the top here.

7zp: 7-Zip (7-zip.org)

Aarinfantasy Game Index: Games Index (aarinfantasy.com)

Aarinfantasy Ariard Game Link from the index: Ariard -Shounen Alice- (aarinfantasy.com)

Game download by Viharn, works for me as of 02/06/2021: MEGA

Textractor: Releases · Artikash/Textractor · GitHub

EDIT: I also recommend searching up Nguyen Le Minh on youtube for his translators. He has a few different kinds he's currently working on (today is 07-21-2022) such as VN OCR and combining that with his Sugoi translator for whenever you need it. He also has a discord titled VNO under the name MingShiba and a Patreon under that same name as well, where you can get access to his most recent updated versions of his translators.

Edit 7-21-2022: Textractor is now great if you don't know the hook codes. Because it tries to automatically find the Hcodes needed to translate the game and apply them, while you can also save them to that game so that the machine recognizes it the next time you launch it and the game, and the most recent downloads/fixes/updates (still great in 2022) have it working even better now.

Here is also a great blog spot for some detailed walkthroughs on some BL games played by the author:
    Chem's BLVN Walkthrough Powerhouse (chem-is-amani.blogspot.com)

*They also have a current list of BL games they have downloaded, played, and provided walkthroughs or reviews over. This has 100% come in handy for me*

NOW IM FINISHED! YAY, and SO sorry for this long a$$ response, I hope I gave some sort of useful or helpful information!
    Last edited by Lee23; 07-21-2022 at 09:58 AM.