aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Dramatical Murder Authentication Code

Hello.

A few months ago, I bought an actual copy of the visual novel Dramatical Murder. I installed it on my laptop, and it worked fine. Now I want to play it on my desktop, so I went to install it. It asked me for an authentication code, so I entered the one on the manual, but it wouldn’t accept it. It didn’t even register that I’d entered one. Is this because it’s already installed on another computer? If so, will uninstalling it on my laptop help?

Thanks.

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Annie SnK (L7)Hange SnK (L7)Mikasa SnK (L9)
    Ryūko (L8)Spacer 1Satsuki KLK (L9)
    (S076) SilverAsh(S054) Prompto Argentum(S074) Akihiko Kaji
    As far as my knowledge goes, the Digital Restrictions Management DRM on DMMd is quite restrictive.

I don't know how familiar you are with DRM, so I'll give you a quick rundown of it. Basically, some software comes with restrictions to how you can use it. It's meant to combat piracy, but in reality it could be quite annoying to legitimate consumers. It's a heavily-discussed issue amongst PC gamers, especially. The restrictions could be having to enter a CD code, or having to be constantly connected to the internet in order to be able to use the software.

As far as I'm aware DMMd authenticates the authentication code through the internet when you enter it. If the code is a legitimate code, the software activates and you can use it. This is a kind of DRM. But that's not all. DMMd only allows each code to be activated once. On subsequent attempts to install DMMd, such as on a new computer, the same code will not work. In the Western world, this kind of DRM is highly looked down upon. Apparently, with Western game companies, you re-gain your limited number of activations by giving the publisher a phone call.

The whole thing is meant to disallow someone from installing the game, then giving a friend the disc and installing it as well, giving you two copies of the software that functions. In practice... I hate it.

So uninstalling your laptop will not help. I can recommend three things:
    1. Try to complete installation without an internet connection. This is likely to fail but it's worth a try anyway. If it somehow works, when you play DMMd, ensure your computer cannot connect to the internet by physically disconnecting the network cable, or logging out of your wireless network.
    2. OR: contact the publisher of DMMd telling them of your problem, and if they can allow your code to be used.
    3. OR: If all else fails, download a crack for DMMd, or a pirated copy.

I might be wrong about the whole DRM thing, though. It's been a long time since I've read anything about getting a legitimate copy of DMMd. Good luck!
    Last edited by DaemonDragon; 05-31-2014 at 05:55 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Code

Quote Originally Posted by DaemonDragon View Post
    As far as my knowledge goes, the Digital Restrictions Management DRM on DMMd is quite restrictive.

I don't know how familiar you are with DRM, so I'll give you a quick rundown of it. Basically, some software comes with restrictions to how you can use it. It's meant to combat piracy, but in reality it could be quite annoying to legitimate consumers. It's a heavily-discussed issue amongst PC gamers, especially. The restrictions could be having to enter a CD code, or having to be constantly connected to the internet in order to be able to use the software.

As far as I'm aware DMMd authenticates the authentication code through the internet when you enter it. If the code is a legitimate code, the software activates and you can use it. This is a kind of DRM. But that's not all. DMMd only allows each code to be activated once. On subsequent attempts to install DMMd, such as on a new computer, the same code will not work. In the Western world, this kind of DRM is highly looked down upon. Apparently, with Western game companies, you re-gain your limited number of activations by giving the publisher a phone call.

The whole thing is meant to disallow someone from installing the game, then giving a friend the disc and installing it as well, giving you two copies of the software that functions. In practice... I hate it.

So uninstalling your laptop will not help. I can recommend three things:
    1. Try to complete installation without an internet connection. This is likely to fail but it's worth a try anyway. If it somehow works, when you play DMMd, ensure your computer cannot connect to the internet by physically disconnecting the network cable, or logging out of your wireless network.
    2. OR: contact the publisher of DMMd telling them of your problem, and if they can allow your code to be used.
    3. OR: If all else fails, download a crack for DMMd, or a pirated copy.

I might be wrong about the whole DRM thing, though. It's been a long time since I've read anything about getting a legitimate copy of DMMd. Good luck!

Do you by chance know the code that would be acceptable?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by HakuKuroshi View Post
    Do you by chance know the code that would be acceptable?
    If you want a legitimate code, you need to purchase a copy of DMMd. Each code can only be used once, period. Once it is used, you can never use it again, so you cannot give out codes.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Well I am trying to actually download it and it says that i need the authorization code

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Well I am trying to actually download it and it says that i need the authorization code
    Where are you downloading it from? If they're asking you for an authentication code, then it may not be a good place to download it from. Have you tried the other download links here in the http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f145/ section?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Dramatical Murder

How do you download the pc game Dramatical Murder?

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

(S085) Joshua GallandPOTM - 1 Star(S084) Coyote
    Star 1 (Yellow)(S089) Ogasawara Jirou(S088) Hirano Taiga
    Kazuki (L7)Rei (L7)Star 1 (Silver)

@HakuKuroshi; You can go to THIS POST to download the game; there's also a link to the installation guide~

Remember to click on the 'Thanks' button on the bottom left to thank the uploader for their hard work~

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

What link is it?

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

(S085) Joshua GallandPOTM - 1 Star(S084) Coyote
    Star 1 (Yellow)(S089) Ogasawara Jirou(S088) Hirano Taiga
    Kazuki (L7)Rei (L7)Star 1 (Silver)

What link is it?
    For the installation guide? Here~