aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

DS_001_leftShinohara Keiji (L9)DS_001_right
    DS_001_leftAsano Katsuya (L9)DS_001_right
    Yogi (L1)Love (01)Wing 1 (Right)

BL Games won't work unless you mount the ISO??? Is it just me or...

Actually this problem didn't really bother me much before but now it's bothering me because I frigging don't have enough space on my hard drive anymore.

Usually when you install BL games you mount the ISO to install the game right? But just when I thought it was already installed and working and all, when I deleted the ISO, the game itself is not working anymore too. It turns out that I needed to mount the ISO to play the game? I thought it was just me...

This happened to me when I played Togainu no Chi and other games like Shingakkou -Noli me tangere-, The Gift, Ariard, Daylight, 24-ji Kimi no Heart wa Nusumareru Kaitou Jade and other titles I don't remember anymore.

Is that normal???? (I'm kind of stupid when it comes to these things OTL)

For example, TNC, when I opened it without mounting the ISO it will give me this error:

But when I mount the ISO, like this:

I can already play it.

I mean I was able to play DMMd, sweet pool, Lamento, Omerta and others without mounting the ISO. Why it's like that? I already installed the game but why do I still need the ISO?

It's bothering me now because I don't have enough memory in my HD and //cries// just the ISO files of Shingakkou and The Gift makes me cry because they're like more or less than 10GB combined. And both were installed properly in my laptop. So that makes less than 20GB or something (the ISO files and the installed files) ? And I can't delete it yet because I haven't finished the game yet. D:
    Last edited by zaizen14; 03-06-2014 at 06:49 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Yup! This is 100% normal. Different companies instil different methods for copy-protection (anti-piracy methods). Such as, verifying you own the original disk.

TnC, and Kaitou Jade I can 100% verify use this method.

Other methods include using a 3rd Party program to run at the same time that verifies the integrity of the game, such as DMMd, PSO, PSO2 and other good games. (DMMd was fortunate enough to have a hacker that wrote a bypass for the SDact system)

Kaitou Jade does have it's own "NoCD" patcher for the EXE, but most anti-virus programs will flag that patcher while it's in the process of altering the original EXE and then botch everything.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

DS_001_leftShinohara Keiji (L9)DS_001_right
    DS_001_leftAsano Katsuya (L9)DS_001_right
    Yogi (L1)Love (01)Wing 1 (Right)
    AH! I see. So it was like that.... o w o

Okay that makes sense now. Thank you!! > v <