aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Ren DMMd (L9)

HELP! Dramatical Murder /Reconnect/ program CRASHING.

So hey there guys, I really hope someone can help- I'm rather destroyed over this.

The game keeps crashing during Noiz's good route of DMMd Reconnect.
    (No, I'm not talking about the glitch sequence from the first DMMd.)

What I mean by crashing is that in the middle of Dialouge, when I click next, the whole program just closes. As if I terminated the program- no error message, no menu screen, nothing. I've tried clicking slower, faster, I tried starting the whole route over again... it always crashes at the same part.

I REALLY don't want to redownload it, since I'd lose all of the work I've done on Mink and Clears routes.

The crash happens very abruptly at about 1:01
    Here's a video:
    Last edited by sinosiris; 01-08-2014 at 06:51 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

(S085) Joshua GallandPOTM - 1 Star(S084) Coyote
    Star 1 (Yellow)(S089) Ogasawara Jirou(S088) Hirano Taiga
    Kazuki (L7)Rei (L7)Star 1 (Silver)

Hi there @sinosiris~

One thing you can do is check your installation folder for the file sizes and see if they match the ones in this photo~

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan
    It should look something like this:

Please pay attention to the file sizes, and make sure they match!
    If worst comes to worst, you will have to uninstall the game, re-download it and re-apply the patch, then skip through Clear and Mink's route.
    There is a button in the configuration menu about skipping unread text, so it shouldn't take too long~

Just a question, did you download the game here in AarinFantasy or somewhere else??

Hope this helps~

Last edited by Dids; 01-08-2014 at 06:11 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Ren DMMd (L9)
    Everything looks perfectly normal to me.

Untitled.jpg
    I didn't download it from here, sadly, I got it from here: zchr ? DRAMAtical Murder re:connect pre-patched download!

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by sinosiris View Post
    Everything looks perfectly normal to me.

Untitled.jpg
    I didn't download it from here, sadly, I got it from here: zchr ? DRAMAtical Murder re:connect pre-patched download!
    I see... Hmm... The only problem I can think of is that the files you downloaded were corrupt... and the only solution to that is to uninstall the game, then delete all the remaining files for the game, then re-download and re-install it from the links provided in this forum . If you're willing to do that, I can provide you with links and everything else you need to download and re-install the game.

An alternative would be to ask other people you know who also downloaded from the same place as you did and ask them if they encountered a similar problem~ If they didn't, then it is unlikely that the files were corrupt; but you could still try the above solution and see if a different download from AarinFantasy helps to solve the problem.
    Last edited by Dids; 01-08-2014 at 07:16 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Ren DMMd (L9)
    That...is so heartbreaking.

Ahh, well thanks for trying. I appreciate it~
    If you have links, that would be very nice.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

That...is so heartbreaking.

Ahh, well thanks for trying. I appreciate it~
    If you have links, that would be very nice.
    Or maybe you can wait for Kojichan and her wonderful suggestions; to see if there's any way you can get by without having to uninstall, re-download and re-install the game~ There might be some programs that you need to update and whatnot that I haven't heard of (she's more competent than me at helping people and diagnosing the problem~ )

@Kojichan
    Come to our rescuuue~~

(Sorry for bothering you... )
    Last edited by Dids; 01-08-2014 at 07:41 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

@sinosiris Anyway, here's how to download and install the game after you un-installed it; if you don't want to wait~

Download the game from here. I recommend you download Anikei's links from MEGA (sixth post from top) since they are relatively quick to download and that you can download all of them at once.

After you did that, create a new folder and put all the files you downloaded into this folder.

Next stop, you need to extract part 1 to part 12 by selecting all of them (excluding the patch) and extract them in the folder. (You need to download 7-Zip, if you haven't already; you can download it here. I recommend you download the third one from top, .msi 64-bit x64 one).

You also need a program called Daemon Tools Lite, that you can download here, if you haven't already. This program is needed to mount virtual disks.

Here is a video showing how to install the game.

And here is a video showing how to apply the English patch.

Get back to me if you have any troubles or don't understand something~!
    Last edited by Dids; 01-15-2014 at 12:26 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dids View Post
    Or maybe you can wait for Kojichan and her wonderful suggestions; to see if there's any way you can get by without having to uninstall, re-download and re-install the game~ There might be some programs that you need to update and whatnot that I haven't heard of (she's more competent than me at helping people and diagnosing the problem~ )

@Kojichan
    Come to our rescuuue~~

(Sorry for bothering you... )
    It's like a Bat-Signal! o__O!

Muwha. And... Since the forum just re-opened, I'm going to sit on the backburner for a bit to see if sinosiris has gotten this working or not yet.
    This is the second occurrence I've heard of this happening, at this exact same place as well. Thank-you for the video, as that helps immensely with seeing what happens. I'll extract the script and try and find that one to see if there's any weird characters that might be causing an issue.

EDIT: I had a look in the files, thanks to RocketBasement's help. The script seems fine, no strange characters. Even the Audio clip that plays, and the image that the game switches to for Noise is fine.

I'm not really sure at this point. I will admit that the other person who had the same error was also using a pre-patched version of the game.

Have you had any luck yet? If not, try "un-patching" the game by temporarily moving the file "nss-patch.npa" to your desktop, then starting a brand-new play through of Noise's Good route to see if it crashes along the way. (don't load your save files, the game will choke and die)

If it doesn't have problems, maybe just re-downloading the "nss-patch.npa" file might work...
    Last edited by Kojichan; 01-20-2014 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Extra stuff

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Ren DMMd (L9)
    Sorry for the long wait, we were unexpectedly without internet for a few days. *DIES* Lol.
    Anyways, I haven't had a lick of luck, but its good to know at least I'm not the only one with this problem. Also, thanks for the video comment- I wasn't sure rather posting a video was unnecessary of not.

I'm going over to my friends house today, and she's going to try and help me in-person. (Since that's always easier tod.) Thanks again for all of your help! (:

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Sorry for the long wait, we were unexpectedly without internet for a few days. *DIES* Lol.
    Anyways, I haven't had a lick of luck, but its good to know at least I'm not the only one with this problem. Also, thanks for the video comment- I wasn't sure rather posting a video was unnecessary of not.

I'm going over to my friends house today, and she's going to try and help me in-person. (Since that's always easier tod.) Thanks again for all of your help! (:

I just noticed something, but I'm not sure if this will make a difference or not. You still have DMMdrc in your "Documents"/"Downloads" folder. ... More really the "Users" folder. You shouldn't really run games from those folders if they weren't designed to be played from there. Try moving the game to a different folder, like... C:\GAMES\ instead of your Downloads folder. It's a stretch, but anything's worth a try.. And good luck with your friend!!