aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Thread: Needing help!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Us Needing help!

[I'm really sorry for my bad english! Google translator tried to help. ;u;];
    Hello! ~
    As the title says, I'm needing help with the game "Togainu no Chi"!
    I followed step by step tutorials and everything was fine with the game itself, but the English patch was not so lucky. T-T
    Already in step 2 of the English patch, when you run a file called "TNC patch image", the file was not working! When I tried to open it, a message appears and says "NSIS error - error launching installer".
    Well, at least the game works perfectly in Japanese. @ _ @
    I hope someone can help me!

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

(S085) Joshua GallandPOTM - 1 Star(S084) Coyote
    Star 1 (Yellow)(S089) Ogasawara Jirou(S088) Hirano Taiga
    Kazuki (L7)Rei (L7)Star 1 (Silver)

Hi @LFullbuster~ Is your OS Windows 7 or Windows 8?
    Also, where did you download the English patch?? Because the step 2 in my English patch reads Togainu no Chi English Patch.exe, and not TNC patch image.
    Try re-downloading the English patch here, and see if it you can follow the steps to patch the game~
    Hope this helps! If you still have problems, get back to me and I'll see what I can do to help~

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

[First, I'm surprised that someone understood my terrible English! XD]
    Hi!
    My operating system is Windows 7!
    This is the same patch that I downloaded ~ And the second step is the same! Well, I forgot an important thing ~ My first step does not work, too. , A; (Thinking it's best to learn Japanese LOL) I tried re-downloading it, but the same thing happens. -;
    I'm thinking that the first step must be the problem of my second, but I really do not understand anything about these things ~
    Step 1 - When I try to open the "togainu_update_101", a message appears in Japanese and give me the options "yes" and "no", if I choose "yes", another window opens and shows me something about a error (still in Japanese) and closes.
    I've tried all the existing english patches on the Internet and everything ends up exactly the same! The game may need some program that I have not downloaded? :/
    Thank you!!
    Last edited by LFullbuster; 01-02-2014 at 10:33 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

(S085) Joshua GallandPOTM - 1 Star(S084) Coyote
    Star 1 (Yellow)(S089) Ogasawara Jirou(S088) Hirano Taiga
    Kazuki (L7)Rei (L7)Star 1 (Silver)

Quote Originally Posted by LFullbuster View Post
    [First, I'm surprised that someone understood my terrible English! XD]
    Hi!
    My operating system is Windows 7!
    This is the same patch that I downloaded ~ And the second step is the same! Well, I forgot an important thing ~ My first step does not work, too. , A; (Thinking it's best to learn Japanese LOL) I tried re-downloading it, but the same thing happens. -;
    I'm thinking that the first step must be the problem of my second, but I really do not understand anything about these things ~
    Step 1 - When I try to open the "togainu_update_101", a message appears in Japanese and give me the options "yes" and "no", if I choose "yes", another window opens and shows me something about a error (still in Japanese) and closes.
    I've tried all the existing english patches on the Internet and everything ends up exactly the same! The game may need some program that I have not downloaded? :/
    Thank you!!
    No worries, your English is totally fine~!

Alright, since you're running on W7, it makes things a lot easier for me since I'm also running games on W7 and have no idea what problems W8 users might encounter (and how to solve them either... )

Anyway. Let's see how I might be of help.
    Let me ask you a few questions to try and diagnose your problem. But before that, you need to download 2 programs, if you haven't already.

The first one is 7-Zip (you can download it here; I suggest you to download the third one from top, .msi 64-bit x64, if you haven't already).

The second program you need to download is Daemon Tools Lite, and you can download it here, if you haven't already.

Both programs are FREE.

Now, you're all set!

Well then, I can start with my questioning now

1) Did you download the ISO file for the game?? If not, you can download it here. I suggest you download it from Winggoddess' links (second to last post), since you can download them all at once. Stick with either Mediafire OR 4shared (I suggest Mediafire)

2) After you finished downloading the files, create a new folder and copy/paste all these files in this new folder.

3) After this is done, extract the compressed files using 7-Zip. (Select ALL Files in Folder > Left-click > 7-Zip > Extract Here)

4) After you finished extracting it, a folder will show up. Click on this folder. Inside, there should be an ISO file (or something similar); click on that. Now you'll be installing the game. It should be in Japanese, but just keep on clicking (N) or 次へ orsomething similar: this means next. At some point, you need to tick a box which is for accepting the terms and conditions of blah blah blah. Then keep on clicking on next until this 終了 appears (or something similar), which means you finished installing the game.

Now, and only now you can apply the English patch. If you did not do the previous steps I mentioned, you won't be able to apply the patch, since it doesn't have anything to patch itself on.

Now then, copy/paste the update into the installation folder (which should be in C:\Program Files(x86)\Nitro+CHIRAL\Togainu no Chi (or something similar - I'm writing this on the top of my head, so might be a little innacurate) if you did not change the destination of the folder while you were installing the game). Double-click on it when it's in the installation folder.

After you did that, some windows will pop-up I think, so just click next until it finishes updating.

Now, copy paste the English patch into the installation folder and run it by double-clicking on it when it's in the installation folder. Again, some windows will pop-up, but this time I think it should be in English.

After you finished that, I think there's something else to copy-paste in the installation folder, the script.pak or something like that (should be in step 3). You just need to copy/paste this one in, no need to do anything else.

Phew~! We're getting there! Now you should be able to run the game by double-clicking on togainunochi.exe; and it should also be in English. Hallelujah!

I hope this helps! Get back to me if you don't understand something or if you encounter more problems - I'll try and see what I can do to help~
    Last edited by Dids; 01-03-2014 at 12:12 AM.