aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Angry DMMD Saving Issues

I have searched all over google for the last hour and I still haven't been able to figure out how to save my files.
    The "save" option is greyed out in the "save and load" area. I can quicksave and that's it.
    On different parts of the site it said to delete the 1.00 file. I tried that, it didn't help. I've tried running as an administrator and that didn't do anything either.
    It is indeed the 1.10 patch.
    I'm running on Windows 7, 34 bit.

After an hour of trying to figure out how to save, I'm frustrated and figured coming to ask here would be best.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by ContracterYin View Post
    I have searched all over google for the last hour and I still haven't been able to figure out how to save my files.
    The "save" option is greyed out in the "save and load" area. I can quicksave and that's it.
    On different parts of the site it said to delete the 1.00 file. I tried that, it didn't help. I've tried running as an administrator and that didn't do anything either.
    It is indeed the 1.10 patch.
    I'm running on Windows 7, 34 bit.

After an hour of trying to figure out how to save, I'm frustrated and figured coming to ask here would be best.
    Hello ContracterYin!

Windows 7...34 bit? Hehe. ^_^; It's okay. I don't believe DMMd is a required 64-bit game so it's fine. But let's see...

Which folder did you install DMMd into? Is it...
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NitroplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murder\ or
    C:\Program Files\NitroplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murder\ ?

And... This may sound a bit intrusive, but what is your Windows 7 username? If there are any strange characters, or characters with accents in your username it may cause issues because the save files for Nitro+CHiRAL games are saved in your User folder.

You can easily get to the save folder by copying this string of text, and pasting it into the Start > (Searchbox) dialogue.
    %APPDATA%\NitroplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murder

The 1.00 folder is fine. Even version 1.10 uses it.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I don't see NitroCHIRAL under either one of the Program File folders.
    "DRAMAtical Murder" on the other hand is in my videos and "NitroCHIRAL" is under my appdata and what not. Due to Minecraft I already knew to check in there.

My username is "Ian" nothing special.

Now, this next part confuses me. I have seen the %APPDATA%\NitroplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murde thing before but when I opened up DMMD I couldn't find a place to paste that, so I gave up on that. Would a screen shot be possible?
    I'm usually computer savvy but DMMD is kicking my butt.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by ContracterYin View Post
    I don't see NitroCHIRAL under either one of the Program File folders.
    "DRAMAtical Murder" on the other hand is in my videos and "NitroCHIRAL" is under my appdata and what not. Due to Minecraft I already knew to check in there.

My username is "Ian" nothing special.

Now, this next part confuses me. I have seen the %APPDATA%\NitroplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murde thing before but when I opened up DMMD I couldn't find a place to paste that, so I gave up on that. Would a screen shot be possible?
    I'm usually computer savvy but DMMD is kicking my butt.
    Alrighty then! ^_^ Here are some of my screenshots for you. Please note, ignore the "¥" symbol in my screenshots. It really should be a backslash ( \ ) however my system locale is set to Japanese at the moment. (Haven't changed it in months, haha!)

DMMd_shortcut_properties.png
    This screenshot shows the Properties dialogue for my particular installation of DMMd. I've already installed the game into the C:\Games\NitroplusCHiRAL\ folder. I do this with most of my games to make sure it would be easier for me to patch or add extra content. And I like sorting things a bit more than I need to. (Oops!) This just SHOWS that I've installed DMMd somewhere OTHER than the default location. I'm not sure where you installed yours... You should post a screenshot of yours, or copy the text from the "TARGET" area.

DMMd_start_bar.png
    Here's what I meant by using the "Start Menu > Search Bar" for the %APPDATA%\NitroplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murder\ folder. The search bar is a cross between the old Windows "Run" command box and the search box.

And...

DMMd_save_folder.png
    Here's where my save folder is! I've highlighted the URL bar to show the path. Sometimes accented characters in usernames can cause Save/Load problems for games using the %APPDATA% folder. %APPDATA% is a programming shortcut (Variable) that most programs use for saving and reading data. By using that variable, it doesn't matter which version of Windows you use, or even an Apple product, the save file will always be in the proper spot. It's a nice shortcut to also type in!

So, show me where you've installed DMMd with your own screenshots. ^_^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you! Yesterday a friend of mine told me how to do it before you replied here, so I'll tell you what happened.

I knew you had to press "D" to save but I didn't know you were supposed to click on a slot after pressing "D" so that was where I was stumped, so I just kept with the autosave. I already knew how to get to the appdata without plugging anything into the start menu so I figured you guys were talking about some place to plug it into the actual game itself. That, of course confused me because there was no real place to actually plug it in.

Now I'm able to save because all I had to do was click on the empty slot haha I was thinking it would be like most games where it just saves after you press save, but of course that wasn't the case.

Again, thank you!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Oh, oops! I'm so sorry then.

I misunderstood you. ^_^; Well, I'm glad you got it working and can now save properly! Enjoy the game!