aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Mello (L9)Oz (L2)Shuichi (L5)
    Matt (L2)Wolfram (L1)Akira (L1)
    Yuuri (L6)Sora (L6)Roxas (L4)

More Laughter LAnd Trouble

ScreenShot001.jpg

Ok, so I went through the trouble of downloading Oracle Virtual Machine(which im on now) to play this game under Windows XP, as it gave me a hell of a lot of trouble in Windows 8. So I installed the bloody thing, downloaed the 1.02 patch, and installed the crack, and got this error. Googled DirectDraw and found out it had something to do with DirectX so downloaded/updated that and still no luck =/ Any ideas guys? I'm dyin here

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    What did you download exactly of DirectX? There's many different versions. Did Laughter Land's install have an option to install "DirectX" ? The most common DirectX that people need/use for games before Windows 8 is "DirectX 9.0c".

Also, I'm having a tough time reading the Kanji in that message box. The forum has resized the image and the original size has been lost. If you hold down the ALT button and hit "PRNT SCRN"/"Print Screen" when that message box is in front (Blue bar at the top instead of gray), it will copy JUST that window so you can paste it into MSPaint.

Though in all honesty, it seems like the game is having a tough time initializing the version of DirectDraw it needs.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thats what I went with, DirectX 9.0c. There was an option along with the CD, yes but nothing happened when I clicked it .-. For whatever reason it wouldn't let me screenie just the window so I edited it so thats all that was there after taking another screenie. Hope this helps. Seems that way. I made sure DirectDraw is enabled, and it is. Bout ready to tar my hair out, but this is one of my favorite games and I've been trying to find a way to play it again since forever ;.;ScreenShot002.GIF

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by shadow2523 View Post
    Thats what I went with, DirectX 9.0c. There was an option along with the CD, yes but nothing happened when I clicked it .-. For whatever reason it wouldn't let me screenie just the window so I edited it so thats all that was there after taking another screenie. Hope this helps. Seems that way. I made sure DirectDraw is enabled, and it is. Bout ready to tar my hair out, but this is one of my favorite games and I've been trying to find a way to play it again since forever ;.;ScreenShot002.GIF

Hmm, yeah the box just says "DirectDraw failed to initialize". Let's see... You said you tried to run the DirectX Installer from the installation window. Yeah, I can 100% guarantee that doesn't start the DirectX installer for me, either. HOWEVER, I can "Explore" the mounted ISO and run the DirectX installer manually.

"Explore" the disc instead, and find the installer for DirectX (It's called: dxsetup.exe). Try running that, if that program doesn't start it might actually be a problem with a driver conflict. Sometimes it doesn't start for one reason or another (Which cheeses me off to no end), so you can bypass the "No-start" problems by downloading and running the Installation with a program called "Sandboxie". (Sandboxie - Download Sandboxie)

Sandboxie basically runs programs in a "boxed in" environment, preventing corrupt or bad drivers and driver conflicts from stopping programs early. It can even prevent some spyware/adware from installing depending on the circumstances. Try downloading, then installing Sandboxie, then Right-click on the DirectX installation on the disk and select "Run in Sandboxie".

EDIT: I'm downloading Laughter Land, now, so I can try installing it as well and see if I have any errors.

EDIT #2: Oh wow! This game looks gorgeous! I managed to install it fine without problems, but I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit. And if it works on this, it should definitely work for you (With some well-placed nudging!!)
    Last edited by Kojichan; 12-12-2013 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Tried installing for myself, tweaking instructions

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

ohrrhdfkghf Tried installing directx from the CD and no change for me.. Maybe my virtual computer doesn't meet the requirments? idk. I had it working in Windows 7 before I got a new computer x.x Gonna try making another virtual machine with that. I'm gonna get this game to play if it kills me xD (And yes, the animation of this game is freaking amazing n__n)

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by shadow2523 View Post
    ohrrhdfkghf Tried installing directx from the CD and no change for me.. Maybe my virtual computer doesn't meet the requirments? idk. I had it working in Windows 7 before I got a new computer x.x Gonna try making another virtual machine with that. I'm gonna get this game to play if it kills me xD (And yes, the animation of this game is freaking amazing n__n)
    Gosh, I'm sorry I couldn't be more help. It might just be a Virtual PC thing... I had to do that on my Win 7 Ultimate machine so I could play SimTower one day. XD It was an old Windows 3.1 program... 16-Bit. Only an XP Virtual Machine could play it now. Hahaha.

If you haven't already wiped that Virtual Machine, try what I suggested in the striked out font up there about trying to run the DX installer through Sandboxie. It's worth a try. But, good luck! *Runs off to learn more Kanji so she can play the game*

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

You don't have to do that! Theres a (Semi) translated walkthrough/translation! I'll link you!

sandyroodle - Laughter Land

And thanks for the luck, ill keep trying xD I'm persistent.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

And got it to work in Windows 7 finally! Happy to have this game back :3 Thanks for helping me! Hope you enjoy it! Its awesome. (and gets dark/sad later on. Be prepared for a feels train fyi xD)

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

BRING ON THE FEELS! Hahaha! XD I love good stories with good emotional characters and plot pieces.

Thanks for the link to the partial translation. ^_^ I shall make good use of it!