aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

DMMd freezing in Noiz's route

I recently got DMMd to run via Crossover on my Mac and was ECSTATIC about it, and everything has been running smoothly up until now.

I made it all the way to where Noiz is rerouting the network in the Oval Tower, and some dog shows up. The game freezes at this same frame every time I try to get past it.

http://media.tumblr.com/5e523e21f913...q9F1qcf73w.png

Nitro Skip stops working all together about 2 lines before this, and Auto Skip does the same thing.

Is there anything I can do besides redownloading it? I've been avoiding that since it took me forever to finally reach this part.

It seems like every issue seems to happen in Noiz's route for some reason.
    (sorry for making my first post a problem post, but i haven't seen any other issues with this part)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello! I'm glad you managed to get DMMd working with this! Is Noiz's route the only one that crashes? Have you been able to successfully complete everyone else's routes with no issues?

If possible, just double check the file sizes of the English Patch files, and the EXE Crack to make sure you have all the correct files and versions.

dmmd_install_files.png

Here are also the full sizes for you to verify:

DMMd_crack_for_ver110.exe
    Size: 1.32 MB (1,388,544 bytes)

cg2-patch.npa
    Size: 1.24 MB (1,306,882 bytes)

cg-patch.npa
    Size: 21.9 MB (23,056,746 bytes)

nss-patch.npa
    Size: 1.73 MB (1,820,672 bytes)

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

All the files seem to be the right size and everything, I don't really know what the cause is still. I might just be missing something obvious.

Fortunately, I did figure out a way to nitro-skip past that area and have since been able to reach nearly the end of Noiz's route. I was pretty stubborn about having his route be the first one I completed, so no, I haven't tried the others yet haha....

It's not uncommon for Crossover to freeze the image if I right click at a weird time (like in the middle of an animation), but the sound keeps going. However, this is always fixed by quitting and reopening. This one part with the guard dog allmate's first appearance is the only one that seems to permanently freeze.

I'm really not sure what happened, but at least I figured out that I need to have "Skip Unread Text" checked in order for nitro-skip to work correctly in case something similar happens in other routes. (Koujaku is next <3)

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by shoulderpirate View Post
    All the files seem to be the right size and everything, I don't really know what the cause is still. I might just be missing something obvious.

Fortunately, I did figure out a way to nitro-skip past that area and have since been able to reach nearly the end of Noiz's route. I was pretty stubborn about having his route be the first one I completed, so no, I haven't tried the others yet haha....

It's not uncommon for Crossover to freeze the image if I right click at a weird time (like in the middle of an animation), but the sound keeps going. However, this is always fixed by quitting and reopening. This one part with the guard dog allmate's first appearance is the only one that seems to permanently freeze.

I'm really not sure what happened, but at least I figured out that I need to have "Skip Unread Text" checked in order for nitro-skip to work correctly in case something similar happens in other routes. (Koujaku is next <3)
    I'm sorry that happens, but thank you for the update! I'm glad I found a new Mac/Apple alternative to play PC games with so I can suggest it to other players if they want.

Have fun playing the game, and do let us know if there are other freezes or oddities that we might be able to help with!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

(whoops, it's late and I messed up this post)
    Last edited by shoulderpirate; 12-23-2013 at 12:58 AM. Reason: doubleposted

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Recently, I updated my OS to Mavericks, and since then I haven't gotten Crossover to work. So if you suggest it, warn them that newer versions of Crossover aren't really working.

(I'm sorry I only come back when I have issues :\\\)
    This most likely isn't related to the game files themselves, but every time I try to run the cracked file in Crossover 13.0.1, it shows up on my dock as "wineloader" instead of the file name ("DMMD_crack_for_ver110.exe"), gets to a white window, and then closes out. Crossover then gives me a message about "error returned 1" and the bottle it's trying to open in using some obsolete method.

I've redownloaded Crossover (and am stuck with a 14 day trial now instead of the full version) and the torrent for DMMd, but it hasn't made any difference.

I know there aren't many mac players, especially since I've never been able to get the mac version working for more than 5 minutes, but what's the PC solution for the game quitting before the credits before the title screen?

I'm dedicated to this thing, man. I finally got through Noiz's route about 2 or 3 weeks ago, I thought I'd work him out of my system before starting another, but that won't happen, so I thought I might as well continue on.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Hmmm, that really sucks! Here I was hoping that Crossover might be what all Mac gamers were needing... o_O

Good to know, too.

But as for what you're now experiencing... It seems like the newer version of Crossover doesn't work well with the cracked version of the EXE. The Wineloader is, apparently, how it works. Crossover seems to be based off Wine (As it's open source...) so it seems maybe Wine may be your better option now instead of Crossover. It might work better with your upgraded OS.

And the Mac version of DMMd is known to not work at all. zchr has even openly admitted it doesn't work, and he doesn't care to (or can't) fix it. However he says that DMMdrc works fine... So... *shrugs*

As for a fix for the "Closes before loading credits", there are a ton of different fixes for various things. Usually it's misnamed files, or files of the wrong size. It's a good idea to double-check the file-sizes to make sure they're okay. But I think we already went over that...?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I'm not sure what crossover did in the update but yeah it doesn't work at all unfortunately.

(that's so frustrating, I wish they'd edit the post since it's it the first thing that comes up when you google "dmmd for mac" and put a warning down like "yeah this doesn't work at all don't bother") (I did actually get it working with this, and it's running very well aside from flickering text boxes and wine quitting every now and again, if any of your mac user friends are interested in yet another option)

I've abandoned crossover, so hopefully I won't have to come back with more problems for you to help me with.
    Thanks so much for all the assistance you've given me!