aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Togainu no chi help

Alright so I'm running windows 8,i can install it. I downloaded the fuwanovel version. But i get that akira guy's face and an error message no matter what i do, this is with or without the english patch installed. It works on my desktop so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, i thought it was because i had windows 8 but i've seen others with it that have played just fine. So if anyone could help I'd appreciate it.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Are you making sure that the ISO has been mounted before you try to play the game? Togainu no Chi requires the game to be in the drive each time you want to play.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Are you making sure that the ISO has been mounted before you try to play the game? Togainu no Chi requires the game to be in the drive each time you want to play.
    Trust me it was mount but i figured out the problem was that i wasn't using deamon tools lite i had downloaded ultra, i fixed that but now it keeps freezing after a certain point or when i try to save or load a game.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Hmm! Okay, then. Let's see... Is it crashing at the same place (and won't save/load) with or without the English patch?

Where did you install Togainu no Chi, by the way? Windows 8 got hardcore with it's "User Account Control" program protection, when compared to Windows 7, so programs or games that are installed somewhere like: C:\Program Files (x86)\NitroplusCHiRAL\(Game) tend to have problems saving/accessing files from the C:\Program Files\ folder.

Try the "right-click run as administrator" method, and if that doesn't work, try installing the game some place else. I tend to have a separate C:\Games\... folder for just such reasons.

Togainu no Chi is a rather old game, so it's save files are actually saved into the same directory as the game. It might be having problems if the game isn't being run as Administrator, and/or if it was installed into the C:\Program Files (x86)\ directory. Give that a shot! o.o

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hmm! Okay, then. Let's see... Is it crashing at the same place (and won't save/load) with or without the English patch?

Where did you install Togainu no Chi, by the way? Windows 8 got hardcore with it's "User Account Control" program protection, when compared to Windows 7, so programs or games that are installed somewhere like: C:\Program Files (x86)\NitroplusCHiRAL\(Game) tend to have problems saving/accessing files from the C:\Program Files\ folder.

Try the "right-click run as administrator" method, and if that doesn't work, try installing the game some place else. I tend to have a separate C:\Games\... folder for just such reasons.

Togainu no Chi is a rather old game, so it's save files are actually saved into the same directory as the game. It might be having problems if the game isn't being run as Administrator, and/or if it was installed into the C:\Program Files (x86)\ directory. Give that a shot! o.o

Nothing works,I've tried running with admin in both no english patch and prepatched and both times it still has that freeze when saving or loading and i had it installed in my program files at first but i moved it to my documents and ironically i found out i was installing the english patch wrong so that's fixed but still same problem

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by supervamp78 View Post
    Nothing works,I've tried running with admin in both no english patch and prepatched and both times it still has that freeze when saving or loading and i had it installed in my program files at first but i moved it to my documents and ironically i found out i was installing the english patch wrong so that's fixed but still same problem
    After you uninstalled the game then reinstalled it so it's the Fresh Japanese install (No English patch, for example), moved the old save files somewhere else, and played a brand-new game... Where, exactly, does the game crash? That might help us narrow down what might be wrong.

Also, could you post a screenshot of the folder where Togainu no Chi was installed, with the filesizes and filenames listed?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

After you uninstalled the game then reinstalled it so it's the Fresh Japanese install (No English patch, for example), moved the old save files somewhere else, and played a brand-new game... Where, exactly, does the game crash? That might help us narrow down what might be wrong.

Also, could you post a screenshot of the folder where Togainu no Chi was installed, with the filesizes and filenames listed?
    heh.jpgThe is the folder I'm using now and it crashes or rather freezes when i save a game, i can't get out of the save menu after i save, and when i load, it'll load to where i was but it'll freeze and i can't do anything not even exit.

clicking.JPGWhen i load this is what i get and clicking does nothing and the music will play, i can't move the screen and have to use task manager to exit.

this.JPGWhen i save I get stuck on this screen and like with loading the music plays, clicking does nothing and when i have to use the task manager to exit.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

heh.jpgThe is the folder I'm using now and it crashes or rather freezes when i save a game, i can't get out of the save menu after i save, and when i load, it'll load to where i was but it'll freeze and i can't do anything not even exit.

clicking.JPGWhen i load this is what i get and clicking does nothing and the music will play, i can't move the screen and have to use task manager to exit.

this.JPGWhen i save I get stuck on this screen and like with loading the music plays, clicking does nothing and when i have to use the task manager to exit.

Did this "save then crash" and "Load but not work" behaviour start after you moved TnC, or was it before you moved the folder also?

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

(S085) Joshua GallandPOTM - 1 Star(S084) Coyote
    Star 1 (Yellow)(S089) Ogasawara Jirou(S088) Hirano Taiga
    Kazuki (L7)Rei (L7)Star 1 (Silver)

There should be a "togainu_update_101.exe" patch that you have to run that I don't see in your installation problem. Try downloading the patch and then running it to see if this fixes the problem.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

I mean *installation folder

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

When i first got it to work it started doing it and the moving didn't seem to do much but allow the english patch to install properly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast