aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    EDIT: Good grief, I'm an idiot... I forgot... Togainu no Chi has the option to save "custom descriptions" of save files. This causes errors in Windows 8. You have to turn off this setting from the options. You cannot load any save file saved with this option turned on, but it can be turned off and you can save then afterwards.

Either way, what I mention below is a good resource for other people who may experience issues and need some ideas. Owf. Sorry about that!

Quote Originally Posted by supervamp78 View Post
    When i first got it to work it started doing it and the moving didn't seem to do much but allow the english patch to install properly
    Alright, looks like the file-system is spot-on. It's the same as mine. It might be an issue with some System Data, or the Registry savings for the options.

Use the Windows Uninstaller to remove the game fully. Make sure to move the TnC folder from your Documents folder back to it's original install location first, and fully delete the SAVE folder.

Head the Control Panel to goto the "Programs and Features" section. You seem like you know your way around Windows 8, but in case someone else reads this forum post, I'll post the instructions for them. ^_^

To open Control Panel

• Open Control Panel by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, tapping Search (or if you're using a mouse, pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer down, and then clicking Search), entering Control Panel in the search box, and then tapping or clicking Control Panel.
      Control Panel
      Control Panel includes some additional settings that you might use less often, such as customizing the desktop.
    Afterwards, click on Programs > Programs and Features and find Togainu no Chi (It should be at the very bottom of the list if it was installed correctly.)
    tnc_unin.png (Like this)

Using this method will also remove Registry options that may have been corrupt (you never know...).

Once it's un-installed, re-install a fresh copy of the Japanese TnC (No English Patch yet!) into C:\Games\NitroplusCHiRAL\, for example. The Documents folder also has read/write issues in Windows. It should never be used to install games. Choose a location for the game that is NOT in the C:\Windows\, C:\Program Files\ (Or C:\Program Files (x86)\), C:\Users\, C:\Documents and Settings\ or C:\temp\.

Run just the Japanese version of the game and try to Save/Load. Please let me know how that works.

Also, this is purely for curiosity as I encountered an issue once before... Are you using an Eastern version of Windows 8? Like one that uses a "Right to Left" reading method like Israeli, or other language variants? I know another issue who had a Windows 8 version that was from around there, and their User name for their Windows login was in a different language and it caused all sorts of odd problems... Good luck! ^_^
    Last edited by Kojichan; 11-25-2013 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Brain fart

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I got it to works thanks

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    EDIT: ...
    Hi! Sorry to bother you, but you seem to be someone who is more familiar with win8 than me. So if you could help me too... i would really appreciate it!
    So i got win8.1 recently and now i'm trying to get TnC to work. I followed your insturctions above and it solved my save issue but not the load issue.
    I uninstalled everything first, then i made a C:/TogainuNoChi folder where i installed the game. I tried the load/save without installing the english patch and i can save the game without freezing but when i load that save, the game loads that specific screen but then it freezes.
    I turned off that save option in the config menu.
    Then, when i overwrote a save file, with that the game froze again. It seems to me that whenever there's a window popping up, the game's freezing afterward.
    Maybe you can help me what i'm doing wrong?
    Thank you in advance! :3

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Valandra View Post
    I turned off that save option in the config menu.
    Then, when i overwrote a save file, with that the game froze again. It seems to me that whenever there's a window popping up, the game's freezing afterward.
    Maybe you can help me what i'm doing wrong?
    Thank you in advance! :3
    Hello!

Hmm... Does the game configuration menu also cause the game to freeze? When I get home in a little bit I'll double check something, but I'm fairly certain the "Save Description" window shouldn't show when that option is disabled. If it's still showing up... something may be wrong. The game basically creates a TXT file with the description in it when it goes to save the game. I cannot verify this moment whether or not the game will still save this file or not if the "Save Description" option is turned off. I'll check it out later.

Just to make sure... You're playing the game with your Windows 8 System Locale set to "Japan", and you're running the game with Administrator mode, right?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hmm... Does the game configuration menu also cause the game to freeze?
    No.

the "Save Description" window shouldn't show when that option is disabled.
    Well, it does not show up during the save method and the game does not freeze there. It only freezes when i try to load that save and a window pops up with a question (Are you sure? - or something like that). The other time when the game froze was when i tried to overwrite an already existing save and i had a question again in a little window (Overwrite?)

You're playing the game with your Windows 8 System Locale set to "Japan", and you're running the game with Administrator mode, right?
    Yes, before win8 i had TnC installed on win7 and everything worked just fine. So yes. Locale set to japanese (SweetPool's running fine) and i tried to run TnC both just simple and in admin mode too. I even tried with that compatibility option win8 has.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

No.

Well, it does not show up during the save method and the game does not freeze there. It only freezes when i try to load that save and a window pops up with a question (Are you sure? - or something like that). The other time when the game froze was when i tried to overwrite an already existing save and i had a question again in a little window (Overwrite?)

Yes, before win8 i had TnC installed on win7 and everything worked just fine. So yes. Locale set to japanese (SweetPool's running fine) and i tried to run TnC both just simple and in admin mode too. I even tried with that compatibility option win8 has.
    Okie dokie! Screenshot times!!

Would you be able to grab a screenshot of your file folder for TnC, along with the filesizes? It should look something like this:

togainu_no_chi_files.png

Also a screenshot of the game frozen after trying to load...

And... are you playing in Windowed mode or Fullscreen mode?
    Last edited by Kojichan; 11-26-2013 at 06:03 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Okie dokie! Screenshot times!!

Would you be able to grab a screenshot of your file folder for TnC, along with the filesizes? It should look something like this:

togainu_no_chi_files.png

Also a screenshot of the game frozen after trying to load...

And... are you playing in Windowed mode or Fullscreen mode?
    Huh, that's weird. It took me a little time to make the screenshot of the game and during that i didn't close the game. After a minute or so it just simply... improved? Is it the right word? So it started playing.
    I don't have time now but in the afternoon i'll install the english patch too and try saving/loading with that. I hope everything's gonna go well.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Huh, that's weird. It took me a little time to make the screenshot of the game and during that i didn't close the game. After a minute or so it just simply... improved? Is it the right word? So it started playing.
    I don't have time now but in the afternoon i'll install the english patch too and try saving/loading with that. I hope everything's gonna go well.
    Huh. o_o Okay! Yay for computers!

Glad it seems to be working! Hope the rest of the game plays well for you!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Huh. o_o Okay! Yay for computers!

Glad it seems to be working! Hope the rest of the game plays well for you!
    Huh indeed!
    So i installed the english patch. The game's doing the same. After loading, it jumps to the screen that was saved in the save file and does nothing but seems to be frozen. After a minute (i counted 56 seconds but it can be a minute) it starts to play, so it's ok this far.
    But it can only handle one "pop-up window question" per game. So if i try to load again, it freezes for real and i had to force it to close with task-manager.
    Now i hope it won't freeze when i get further into the story. But that's another story. :P

Edit: Uh, ok, so it seems there's no solution/or at least any idea for this problem. Well, it's not like the game can't be played like this.
    So thank you very much, Kojichan for all of your help! I really appreciate it! <3
    Last edited by Valandra; 11-29-2013 at 12:46 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12