aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

DMMd re:connect title page issue

Whenever I start it up, it displays the logo and warnings in Japanese just fine. When it goes to the OP I can't fast forward it and it won't respond to pressing any key. Then, when the OP finishes, the screen goes black but I can still hear the music. I have to force quit because whenever I hit the exit box on the window, I can hear it asking me if I want to quit the game, but I can't hit yes.

I'm on a Windows 7. I did try to update directx, and the first DMMd plays just fine... I installed it (with English patches as well) just as ayachan94's video says to. Not quite sure what's wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by reisara; 11-10-2013 at 12:47 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Are you playing in Windowed or Full-screen mode? I'm going to assume Windowed, because you wouldn't have been able to easily full-screen the game... o.O;

Are you making sure that the System Japanese Locale is turned on?

Also, are you playing the English patched version of DMMdrc?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hey there! Thanks for the quick reply! <3

It'll actually let me switch between fullscreen and windowed if I press the f key. It does the same thing in both modes, though...

I just checked again and the Japanese encoding is on (the first DMMd still works just fine, too).

I tried starting it up without the English patch at first and it was doing this weird thing, and then I installed the English patch and it still is doing the same thing.

Actually, I just tried starting it up again and now it's just looping the OP and nothing else... If I click the screen when it's playing the OP, the screen will fade out and then start the OP again from the beginning. Haha, I am perplexed.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I was doing some poking around the internet...could it possibly be because I tried mounting re:connect while the first DMMd was still mounted? I'm not entirely sure what it means to mount a file... Is it possible to keep them both mounted? And if not, can I unmount and remount them easily if I want to switch between the two?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Nah. ^^ Mounting the ISO's isn't a big deal. But it does sound like you may need to uninstall it then re-install it. It might be missing some files...

Try a fresh reinstall, and don't install the English patch yet. Try to see if it works without it first. The first time you run the game the OP is unskippable. I found that out myself just yesterday. ^_^;

If that doesn't work, still, could you take a screenshot of the folder that the DMMdrc is in? If you can use a Detailed View to see the filesizes that'd be awesome. Also the DX folder inside that as well. I want to see if you're missing files or files are the wrong sizes.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

OKAY. I uninstalled and re-installed and now it works just fine! I sure did hold my breath when the OP was ending, though, haha. I expected it to loop, but nope!! THANK YOU SO MUUUCCCH. I feel bad for wasting your time...I should've known to try re-installing first. I really appreciate your help. Have a great day!!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Yay! ^_^ I'm glad it's working for you now. Enjoy!