aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Exclamation DMMd/DMMd re:connect Voice File Issue

Hi, so after I installed everything properly (games, cracks, and patches) according to the instructions, I launched both DMMd and DMMd re:connect, and everything works, except the voice files. I can hear the background music and sound effects perfectly fine, but I can't hear any of the voices (audio in the text history log, audio test, all of the speaking parts) in the games.

I've tried restarting my computer, unmounting/remounting the image files on Daemon Tools, uninstalling/reinstalling each game over 5 times each (not exaggerating), and even deleting all my files for the games and redownloading/reinstalling them all, but I still can't hear any of the voices.

Does anyone know how I can fix this, or can someone please send me copies of their working voice files for both games for me to try using? ;A;

Installation guides I used:
    DMMd
    DMMd re:connect

**Note: I use Windows 7

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Is it just the voices that don't run in either of the games? And BOTH of them don't have voices? Have you tried adjusting the volumes in the Games' options and/or making sure all characters have check-boxes beside their names selected? (You can disable individual voices if you don't like them)

Which version of Windows 7 are you running? (Home Basic, Home Premium, Pro, Ultimate)

Have you made sure the computer has it's Locale set to "Japan?" ^_^

And lastly... Have you seen the intro videos work properly with audio or not? (DMMd's starts a bit further into the actual gameplay, just after Aoba leaves the Junk Shop and turns on his headphones). If those videos work 100% with the audio working, then I'm not sure. The Audio is all in OGG format, so if your computer can play OGG music files it should work. Failing that, it never hurts to have the CCCP - Combined Community Codec Pack installed. Might clear up some issues...

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yes, neither of the games have voices, and I've made sure that all of the voice options are turned on and at max volume.

I'm using Windows 7 Pro and have set the locale to Japan before installing the games.

I'm not really sure what you mean about the audio in the intro videos, but I can hear the music in the intro perfectly fine. I just can't seem to hear any of the voice acting. ;A;

I just installed CCCP and tried starting a new game on DMMd, but I still don't hear any voices. Should I uninstall/reinstall the game again?
    Last edited by Anayley; 11-04-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Actually, Dramatical Murder has a kind of "Anime Intro" that plays. It features the song "AI CATCH". You actually have to play the game for a small bit, it starts in a Junk Shop. Aoba goes off to run an errand, and the video starts there.

--- Anyway, actually... Could you post a screenshot of ALL the files located in your Dramatical Murder game folder? I'd like to see the files that are listed, their file names, and their file sizes. ^^ I believe it's called "Detailed List".

Thanks!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

OK!

I'm going to link to a file, I want you to download it (Or if it plays in your browser automatically, GREAT!) and let me know if you can hear the file or not. ^_^

http://neosouthisland.com/temporary/2000010a01.ogg

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I can't hear it :<

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Thought so! You don't have an OGG Codec. Let's fix that now!

Download "Media Player Classic". This video player is a really small media player that's great for watching Anime, and other video files. It also comes with the OGG filter you need to hear the voices. Best of both worlds!

64-Bit Windows version: Download Media Player Classic - Home Cinema from SourceForge.net
    32-Bit Windows version: Download Media Player Classic - Home Cinema from SourceForge.net

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I've installed it, but I still can't hear the voices. I've even tried uninstalling both games and reinstalling them and restarting my computer. ;-;
    Last edited by Anayley; 11-06-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

o_O Can you save the file I posted to your computer, and try opening it in Media Player Classic (Classic, not the official Microsoft Media Center) for me? (Do you have WinAmp? Maybe try that too?)

If the file fails to open with an error message, let me know. If it "pretends" to play, but still have no audio also let me know. Very strange!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast