aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Missing Images [Togainu No Chi]

For some reason, a lot of the sprites/bgs/cgs aren't showing up for me. The text works fine, everything is smooth, except the missing pictures. Not everything is gone, just the majority of backgrounds/cgs and sprites (Rin has no sprite for me, I stopped playing up to when we get introduced to that bartender. He also has no sprite)

I tried playing in it original japanese version. The stuff is also missing there. Anyone have a solution? Is it my emulator? my computer specs? I used a pretty popular copy so i'm not sure if i'm missing files..

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBubble View Post
    I[...]Is it my emulator? [...]
    That is a strange question to ask, but it might help narrow down the issue!

Are you on a Mac, running Windows? Through something like Wine? Please also mention what version of Windows you are running (Windows 7 Home Basic, Win 7 Home Premium, Win 7 Pro or Ultimate), your computer specs (if possible!), and if you've played any other Visual Novel games before with success. o.o;
    Last edited by Kojichan; 11-01-2013 at 07:49 AM. Reason: (Realized I was talking to the same person, pfft. too early in the morning)

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    That is a strange question to ask, but it might help narrow down the issue!

Are you on a Mac, running Windows? Through something like Wine? Please also mention what version of Windows you are running (Windows 7 Home Basic, Win 7 Home Premium, Win 7 Pro or Ultimate), your computer specs (if possible!), and if you've played any other Visual Novel games before with success. o.o;
    Windows 7 I'm also using applocale to run games. I've played several other vns with applocale and they seemed to work. Is Togainu some special snokeflake game that requires the entire system to be changed to japanese? :S

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Great happiness! I changed my entire sysem to japanese, and AHA! It worked! I'm not too sure how and why, but it's working

Now it's just trying to get the english patch to work (now it doesnt for some reason xD). Funny how many troubles this gives xD

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Solved it!

Please refer here if you have similar issues!

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f16/t1...ml#post4164860

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Oh! I see, when you used "AppLocale" you didn't physically set your computer's "Locale" to Japanese. Yup! ALWAYS set your computer's Locale to Japan when you want to play a Japanese game. ^^ I must admit, that's the first time I heard a game sort of working when the Locale was set to something other than Japan and just setting an Application's specific Locale.

Thanks for the update, and now I know what to look for if someone else has the same problem. Have fun!