aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Dramatical Murder re:connect Troubleshooting

Hello! Like many I'm sure, I downloaded Dramatical Murder re:connect and managed to get it all downloaded and extracted the iso. My system locale is Japanese and I played DMMD before with absolutely no trouble whatsoever.

This is what perplexes me about installing re:connect. Apparently the setup file is a 16-bit application? o.O I'm running 64 bit Windows 7 but I managed to run DMMD perfectly fine. ._.

Thank you for any help!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    That's odd! I have Windows 7 64-bit at home (Home Premium version, however), and it installed and played fine.
    Which version of Windows 7 do you have?

16-bit programs haven't been around the last while, and I'm fairly certain DMMdre's installer isn't one. (16-bit program are MS-DOS programs, effectively).

Try this test:

[...] However, a 16-bit program can cause minor problems that may affect the performance level of the computer or the functions of the program itself. Because of this, you may need to determine whether the program that has a problem is a 16-bit program.

Identify a 16-bit Program

To identify a 16-bit program:
    1. Use Windows Explorer to open the folder that contains the program's executable (.exe) file.
    2. Right-click the .exe file, and then click Properties.
    3. A 16-bit program does not have a Version tab in this dialog box.
    If it is identified as such, it might be a problem somewhere else. Browse the ISO for another folder that might actually contain the real installer, not just the launcher.