aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

(S032) Ruruka

Togainu no Chi Installation Problem

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, with my locale set to Japan and language set to JP. I am experiencing the same problems described in this post. Upon opening the torrent file, I was unable to get Daemon Tools to work at all, so I just burned the .cue file on a CD-R and installed from there. After patching and replacing the script.pak file with the file provided in the torrent, running the install file and selecting "game start" from the dialog produced this error:

CD-R.PNG

After reading the suggestion in the linked post, I was unable to burn the .cue file to a DVD. I simply copied all the files on the CD to my hard drive and then burned them to a DVD. Attempting to run the program with the DVD in the drive produced this error:

DVD-R.PNG

Any suggestions on the next thing to try would be helpful.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sealink View Post
    I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, with my locale set to Japan and language set to JP. I am experiencing the same problems described in this post. Upon opening the torrent file, I was unable to get Daemon Tools to work at all, so I just burned the .cue file on a CD-R and installed from there. After patching and replacing the script.pak file with the file provided in the torrent, running the install file and selecting "game start" from the dialog produced this error:

CD-R.PNG

After reading the suggestion in the linked post, I was unable to burn the .cue file to a DVD. I simply copied all the files on the CD to my hard drive and then burned them to a DVD. Attempting to run the program with the DVD in the drive produced this error:

DVD-R.PNG

Any suggestions on the next thing to try would be helpful.
    The first error is from the game recognizing that a Burned CD has been inserted, and it's stopping the game from running. It says:

The "Togainu no Chi GameDisc" cannot be found.
    Please close all other programs, make sure that a CD-R is not in the drive, and try restarting the Operating System.
    Please make sure the disc drive contains the official product.
    The second error is a simple, "Cannot find the game disc" error.

The "Togainu no Chi GameDisc" cannot be found.
    Please insert the "Togainu no Chi GameDisc" into the drive, click the OK Button, then restart the application.
    You'll have to re-mount the TnC ISO before you can play this game, every time. (DRAMAtical Murder reconnect is also like this).

However, NitroPLUS games HATE Daemon Tools, from what I've been noticing. o_O The last 4 troubleshooting topics I've answered, each person has had Daemon Tools and was having problems. I personally use Virtual Clone Drive as Daemon Tools seems to be blocked by a few games (Or it doesn't work right for certain Secure discs).

Try Virtual Clone Drive instead of Daemon Tools, and try re-installing / re-mounting the ISO and playing the game.
    SlySoft Virtual CloneDrive

Good luck!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

(S032) Ruruka
    This solution worked perfectly! Thank you!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Sealink View Post
    This solution worked perfectly! Thank you!
    You're welcome, have fun! (*is playing it, too!* XD)

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Excuse me... ? If I may just ask on an old topic like that, I have exactly the same problem (2nd error) and am trying to solve it from a while... When you say "re-mount the TnC ISO", which file are you speaking about ? I actually have togainu.ccd, togainu.cue and togainu.img files and I don't really know how to proceed.
    If you have time to help me ;u;

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by aohmin View Post
    Excuse me... ? If I may just ask on an old topic like that, I have exactly the same problem (2nd error) and am trying to solve it from a while... When you say "re-mount the TnC ISO", which file are you speaking about ? I actually have togainu.ccd, togainu.cue and togainu.img files and I don't really know how to proceed.
    If you have time to help me ;u;
    Hello aohmin!

Actually, each of those files are 'pretty much' the same file. CCD is a CloneCD file, and a CUE is a "helper" file for an image. Each one contains information to help the IMG burn properly, if you want a physical copy of the disc. But, if you're mounting a CD, any of those files can be used. Daemon Tools can read CCD, so if you use that, use the CCD file.

Good luck!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Hello aohmin!

Actually, each of those files are 'pretty much' the same file. CCD is a CloneCD file, and a CUE is a "helper" file for an image. Each one contains information to help the IMG burn properly, if you want a physical copy of the disc. But, if you're mounting a CD, any of those files can be used. Daemon Tools can read CCD, so if you use that, use the CCD file.

Good luck!
    Hi ! Thank you for replying that quickly ;u;
    Thanks for the little explanation, actually I'm using PowerISO but that's quite the same. I tried to re-mount the .cue file (as the program can't use .ccd) and then I ran the interface and clicked "start", but I still have the same problem :/ Do I have to re-install the game or re-do another step too?

Also I wonder if the problem comes from the data I downloaded which can be corrupted (I took it from the link on blpaca.tumblr.com), so I try to find any more recent links but the game's pretty old so... Would you know where can I download the latest uploaded one ?

Thanks for helping again ;;

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Hi ! Thank you for replying that quickly ;u;
    Thanks for the little explanation, actually I'm using PowerISO but that's quite the same. I tried to re-mount the .cue file (as the program can't use .ccd) and then I ran the interface and clicked "start", but I still have the same problem :/ Do I have to re-install the game or re-do another step too?

Also I wonder if the problem comes from the data I downloaded which can be corrupted (I took it from the link on blpaca.tumblr.com), so I try to find any more recent links but the game's pretty old so... Would you know where can I download the latest uploaded one ?

Thanks for helping again ;;

Hmm, you said it was the second error message window you're seeing? Would you mind taking a screenshot for me? They can sometimes look very similar, but there's a word here or there that are different.

You *might* need to Uninstall the game first, then re-install. Make sure you use the same Virtual Drive letter for the Mounted game. For example, if you installed the game when the TnC CD was in, but if you're mounting it again, and it has a different letter it won't work. (Example: "Drive E:" for install, but it's now in "Drive G:")

As for redownloading, you've come to the right place! Aarinfantasy houses plenty of up-to-date links for games, in case one doesn't work, you can try others. (http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f145/t...nu-no-chi.html Scroll to the bottom of the post for newer links)

A good portion of the games here are "Split" into smaller chunks to make them easier to share. You will need a program that can handle these, like 7Zip or HJSplit.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Hmm, you said it was the second error message window you're seeing? Would you mind taking a screenshot for me? They can sometimes look very similar, but there's a word here or there that are different.

You *might* need to Uninstall the game first, then re-install. Make sure you use the same Virtual Drive letter for the Mounted game. For example, if you installed the game when the TnC CD was in, but if you're mounting it again, and it has a different letter it won't work. (Example: "Drive E:" for install, but it's now in "Drive G:")

As for redownloading, you've come to the right place! Aarinfantasy houses plenty of up-to-date links for games, in case one doesn't work, you can try others. (http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f145/t...nu-no-chi.html Scroll to the bottom of the post for newer links)

A good portion of the games here are "Split" into smaller chunks to make them easier to share. You will need a program that can handle these, like 7Zip or HJSplit.
    Yeah actually I compared the screenshots with the message on my own computer and it did was the 2nd (well with "Togainu no Chi Game Disc" and "OK" written in it), but I'll make a screenshot asap if you want.

Okay I'll try this, so I just have to uninstall/unmount/remount/re-install the game but to leave the update patch/english patch/script file in place ?

I saw that, that's actually why I made an account here XD (finally~) I saw that thread too but the links are dead (is there any way to report it?), and I thought I'd try to do with what I have before downloading again *-*

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the screenshot >_>

Capture.JPG

I just tried to remount and re-install but it still doesn't work ;____;
    I think I'll just try to find another link for this game...

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Yeah actually I compared the screenshots with the message on my own computer and it did was the 2nd (well with "Togainu no Chi Game Disc" and "OK" written in it), but I'll make a screenshot asap if you want.

Okay I'll try this, so I just have to uninstall/unmount/remount/re-install the game but to leave the update patch/english patch/script file in place ?

I saw that, that's actually why I made an account here XD (finally~) I saw that thread too but the links are dead (is there any way to report it?), and I thought I'd try to do with what I have before downloading again *-*

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the screenshot >_>

Capture.JPG

I just tried to remount and re-install but it still doesn't work ;____;
    I think I'll just try to find another link for this game...

Nah, don't worry about finding other links, you'll have the same issue. I do, however, want you to try Daemon Tools Lite or Virtual Clone Drive instead. I had Power ISO when I started playing VN's, and I actually had the same issue with TnC. I ended up getting Virtual Clone Drive and it then started working. Other people have reported using Daemon Tools Lite and it fixed the issue.

TnC is an older game, and has an issue reading certain Virtual Drives. VCD or DaemonTools should potentially work better. Daemon Tools Lite is easier to navigate, but if you want to feel 'hardcore' you can try Virtual Clone Drive. XD

(Daemon Tools Lite: Disk-Tools.com)
    (Virtual Clone Drive: http://static.slysoft.com/SetupVirtualCloneDrive.exe)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast