aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Togainu no Chi Data Transfer

Is there any way to transfer the progress (saved data and finished routes) in Togainu no Chi from one computer to another? I heard that all you need is to transfer the files inside the 'SAVE' folder but it doesn't work on my case. I copied the whole folder of Togainu no Chi from my old laptop to my new one but my progress and save points were not there.

Is there any way I can transfer them? I want to play it in my new laptop but I don't want to go back to the start since I'm already at Shiki's route.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

DS_001_leftHajime Ichinose (L4)DS_001_right
    Rob (L4)Konoe (L2)Kusuriuri (L10)
    DS_002_(1)topleftWing 1 (Left)DS_002_(2)topmid
    I think it depends on how you transfered those data files. You could try to make the game create a new save folder, erase the newly created files inside it and put your old one instead. Your save transfert may have not worked because you just put your older save files in the SAVE folder and didn't erase the new ones you didn't need.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

(S026) Kei Yamashiro
    Asking just in case : was your copying path the same?

i.e., if for example you're copying from C:\BL\TNC from your old computer, are you also copying it to C:\BL\TNC on your new computer?

I'm not sure if TnC does it, but some games record the path you use for saves as an absolute rather than a relative, so it'll keep looking for that path.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by kaerimitsuki View Post
    Is there any way to transfer the progress (saved data and finished routes) in Togainu no Chi from one computer to another? I heard that all you need is to transfer the files inside the 'SAVE' folder but it doesn't work on my case. I copied the whole folder of Togainu no Chi from my old laptop to my new one but my progress and save points were not there.

Is there any way I can transfer them? I want to play it in my new laptop but I don't want to go back to the start since I'm already at Shiki's route.
    I tried it and it worked on the save points but not the progress I made in my old one. OUO

Quote Originally Posted by snowgoose View Post
    Asking just in case : was your copying path the same?

i.e., if for example you're copying from C:\BL\TNC from your old computer, are you also copying it to C:\BL\TNC on your new computer?

I'm not sure if TnC does it, but some games record the path you use for saves as an absolute rather than a relative, so it'll keep looking for that path.
    They both have the same path.
    Last edited by kaerimitsuki; 09-22-2013 at 05:07 AM.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Gian (L4)Star 1 (Silver)Ivan (L4)
    Giulio Di Bondone (L1)Bernardo Ortolani (L2)Luchino Gregoretti (L1)
    Zhan Zheng Xi (L9)Bakshi (L1)Mo Guan Shan (L9)
    Hey, I was wondering, were you able to solve the problem? I actually have the same problem as you in that I had to switch laptops, so I transferred all the files and stuff. But none of my progress or saves are there :/

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    I believe there is a 2nd folder in the Application Data area with extra save stuff. I saw DMmd and TnC folders in a NintroPlus folder.

Click Start > Run > and then type in %appdata% (Exactly like that, percentages and all) and hit enter.

A folder will pop up, this is basically a giant "Save Data" area for most programs. Look for a folder alled "NitroPlus" or "Nitro", it should have a folder written in Kanji (And DMmd if you have it installed as well). Try copying that extra data as well.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Gian (L4)Star 1 (Silver)Ivan (L4)
    Giulio Di Bondone (L1)Bernardo Ortolani (L2)Luchino Gregoretti (L1)
    Zhan Zheng Xi (L9)Bakshi (L1)Mo Guan Shan (L9)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    I believe there is a 2nd folder in the Application Data area with extra save stuff. I saw DMmd and TnC folders in a NintroPlus folder.

Click Start > Run > and then type in %appdata% (Exactly like that, percentages and all) and hit enter.

A folder will pop up, this is basically a giant "Save Data" area for most programs. Look for a folder alled "NitroPlus" or "Nitro", it should have a folder written in Kanji (And DMmd if you have it installed as well). Try copying that extra data as well.
    Thanks Unfortunately, that folder only has my dmmd and sweet pool files. Nothing for togainu no chi for some reason :/ This is driving me crazy *sigh*

If you ever get it working for you kaerimitsuki, please do let me know. I'll do the same and report the solution in this thread as well.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanticaa View Post
    Thanks Unfortunately, that folder only has my dmmd and sweet pool files. Nothing for togainu no chi for some reason :/ This is driving me crazy *sigh*

If you ever get it working for you kaerimitsuki, please do let me know. I'll do the same and report the solution in this thread as well.
    Really? O_o; I found mine, it was in a Japanese folder... Huh... Guess I'll have a better look when I get home. XD;

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

This thread's only a little dead, right? >.>

I found this thread while I was trying to solve the same problem this afternoon. And I finally figured it out. I thought I'd go ahead and post here in case I can save someone else a few hours of frustration.

The Togainu save data isn't in exactly the same place as the DMMd and Sweet Pool save date. I *finally* found my old Togainu save data in a folder labelled "VirtualStore". To find it, I had to set up my file explorer to show hidden files. Go to the C drive, then Users>[your username]>AppData>Local>VirtualStore>Program Files (x86). There I found *another* NitroplusCHiRAL folder with a 咎狗の血 folder in it, and then the SAVE folder. It has a bunch of files with titles like comm##.txt in it.

You can find it just by searching, I'm sure, but my file explorer's search takes FOREVER, and since it has the same title as the normal folder (with the patches and all in it), it probably wouldn't stand out in the search results.

....Of course I copied that folder into the same location on my new machine, and it didn't work. T.T

However, I do want to point out that I found save data for Nessa no Rakuen and Lucky Dog in the same VirtualStore, and transferring THOSE over to my new laptop, into the same place, DID restore my progress in those games. It just didn't work for Togainu, apparently.

Forty-five minutes later, what FINALLY worked was copying the SAVE folder I found in the VirtualStore on my old laptop directly into the game folder's SAVE on my new laptop. Now I've got it all back. (Finally! T.T)

For the record, both of my laptops are Windows 10, but my old laptop had originally been Windows 8, and got forced to upgrade. That might have made the difference in save locations. -_-

I did this with Togainu installed in the Program Files (x86) folder and in a new folder I created in the C drive to get around an annoying security thing. It worked both times.