aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Miyagi (L5)Tezuka (L8)Kakashi (L2)
    Luka Crosszeria (L1)Sebastian (L6)Hisagi (L4)
    Ren UnP (L3)Kensei (L1)Yogi (L1)

Dramatical Murder Keeps Resetting

I had been playing the game for several days with no issues. I made my way through one characters good and bad ending and had started on another character playthrough and was nearing the end when suddenly the game crashed. I wasn't too worried about it at first thinking I could just reload my recent save and continue on. However when I restarted the game all my save data as well as all my unlocked CGs/Recollections/Media/Endings/etc. were gone. It was as if I had booted the game up for the very first time.

I started a new game and the first time I went to save I noticed all my old save files were actually still there I just wasn't able to access them from the start up menu. However all my CGs/Recollections/Media/Endings/etc. were still missing.

After trying several things and re-playing through endings only to have them disappear again the next time I load up the game I have noticed something. Sometimes when I go to start the game a prompt comes up in Japanese where you have to hit OK (only option). It doesn't pop up every time but when it does it seems that's when the game resets itself. If it doesn't pop up everything remains as it was the last time I played (saves and all extras intact). But since I don't know a lick of Japanese I have no idea if the prompt that pops says something about why my game is resetting.

Here is a screencap of the prompt I'm talking about: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps8574adad.jpg

And just a note to rule out some common issues the computer is set to Japanese and I am playing as the admisitrator.

I did a quick search and didn't come up with any threads with the same issue... although if I missed something I apologize. If anyone could shed some light on this problem I would be super grateful. I'd really like to get this sorted out and finish enjoying the game.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

(S026) Kei Yamashiro
    Huh....that's odd. That's just patch notes for V1.1, basically a 'You've patched the game to V1.1, here are the changes' sort of thing. It shouldn't pop up just from running the game.

Since I assume you're using the English patch and I'm not familiar with that, I'll...leave this here. Still rather odd behaviour, though.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Take a peek into your APPDATA folder to see if there's a "Nitro" folder in there. To do this, click on START then RUN, then type in: %APPDATA%

(Exactly like that, percentages and all) Your computer will pull up the save-folder for a lot of programs. Look for one starting with the word "Nitro", if it's there, go into it and look for "Dramatical Murder".

(More importantly, I see you have Toganu no Chi. Does that work for saving/loading/closing or does it also have issues?)

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

In my Administrator\Application Data\NitroplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murder folder is a folder entitled 1.00 with a bunch of numbered folders inside which I believe are my saves. I finally discovered that my save files are intact after the game resets I can access them just not from the title menu when I start the game, but if I do a right click after starting a new game and access the save menu they are actually there. However my unlocked extras (CGs/Endings/Recollections/etc.) are not there. I'm not sure where the unlocked extras are saved and why they disappear but the saves can still be accessed.

As for Togainu no Chi I just finished that game about a week ago and didn't have any problems at all with that game.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    OK, thanks for letting me know!

And yes, those are save files AND the main file (Global) that saves what scene/bg/bgms you've seen I think it's numbered 999999 or something like that. (Can't remember right this second)

Anyway, so it's good to know that the game has write permissions, but if it can't read... There might be a problem with the game's filesystem. Have you tried perhaps to re-install the game? I know it's a bit lengthy, uninstall, reinstall, game update, english patch, crack, etc...

The way the game is acting, it's acting as if the Ver 1.10 patch was just installed. That effectively renders the Ver 1.0 save files null and void. Ver 1.10 won't read older savefiles. It may have been that the game "Ran" in 1.0 mode when you were playing, and when it crashed (Something related to a fix that was in 1.10) it "remembered" that Ver 1.10 existed?

I remember I had issues getting the 1.10 patch installed the first time, so I "bypassed" it by adding a blank TXT file (I actually read this method on this forum) and the english patch patched, but it didn't play properly. Once I did manage to get it installing properly it ran fine.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Well I'm not sure if I fixed it, but it hasn't reset in the last day and a half which gave me enough time to finish all the endings. I did do a uninstall/reinstall (although I had done that before) so maybe that fixed it. Or maybe it had something to do with a certain point in the game and once I passed that point the problem fixed itself. I'm not sure, I'm just glad I was able to finish it. lol

Thank you snowgoose and Kojichan for you help!