aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Erotic Devil

Help me please??

Damn, I'm still pretty clueless 'bout these stuff.
    I'm trying to figure out the problem with my windows media player.
    Its the only only program that I used for any media stuff.

It's strange that I can download & watch 1 of the .avi alright but I tried watching another series, like Ghost 007 and have trouble with no video but audio.

I did download 1 pack from the list Dai-kun provided but I didnt know 'bout having 'nother program to run just to watch the series.
    Cant I just watch it on my windows media player? Is there something I did wrong?
    Like I should select this or that ?

I'm no good with computers but I think it has to do with something with the codec problem. Whatever that means.

Haha.

Smile, breath and go slow

Savings

Ayace (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)Canale (L9)
    Emba (L10)MeatBunYuuen (L9)
    (S067) Azumaya Junta(S054) Prompto Argentum(S076) SilverAsh

@Erotic Devil: do you mean you don't know how to chose the player to play your avi? Or is it still that, even after loading one of the codec pack you still can't play it with mediaplayer?

Edit:
    what media player version do you have?
    what Window version do you have?
    what other player do you have installed?

Erotic Devil
    Oh sorry for not being specific on that.
    After the downloading pack, media player did play as it should be.

what media player version do you have? No idea. ^^; Where do I check that?
    what Window version do you have? VISTA? Is that what you're asking for?
    what other player do you have installed? I actually uninstalled it because it was driving me nuts for not working..

But it showed so many checkmarks to check off. So many formats. I had no idea what I was even doing.

Smile, breath and go slow

Savings

Ayace (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)Canale (L9)
    Emba (L10)MeatBunYuuen (L9)
    (S067) Azumaya Junta(S054) Prompto Argentum(S076) SilverAsh

Ok.. sorry not being more specific...
    (1) to check version of your media player:
    (1.1) right click on the "media Player" icon in your Start menu and select "Open File Location" (it shall be a shortcut)
    (1.2) a folder will open. Right click on the file "wmplayer.exe" and select "properties"
    (1.3) In the properties form, select the tabpage /Details/, where the player version information is in...

... I just wanted to check if there was some information I could find related to the version you use and Vista...

... In any cases... I fund it easier to use some other players for some specific format... if you are willing to try another one, you can try http://www.videolan.org/vlc/... a lot of positive comments and, using it, I have virtually no issue (only with mkv files sometimes)

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thanks!

OMG!! It WORKED!! I LOVE You!! Thank You Soooo Much~!

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Lavi (L5)Gunji (L6)Link (L8)
    Suzaku (L4)Jounouchi (L7)Kazuki (L7)
    ok so I just updated the CCCP reader because some mkv files are acting funny from zoom but then I realized it was outdated and I updated. But now the problem is in the classic video player theres a sound lag every few seconds but if I play it in windows media player then its like having an episodes witout subs in it. Whats up wit this? o_O

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

(S003) LelouchMookyul (L2)Lightning (L8)
    Ryohou (L5)Shiro (L5)(S015) Ewon
    Tezuka (L8)Suzaku (L4)Celty (L4)
    one player that is my favorites and is free is vlc player ^-^

BANNED
    Savings

Hey there, I'm having problems with playing newly downloaded animes such as Gakuen Heaven episode 4 RAW. I have installed the klite pack but I'm still having problems, wmp still keeps on giving me codec errors.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Kaoru (L6)Kratos (L1)(Event) FaceBook - Yukina
    Kazuki (L7)Rei (L7)Black Jack (L5)
    Ross (L8)Kurose (L8)Hiruma (L6)

@jiaopi333 Did you install Media player classic alongside the K-lite pack? You can get that player by downloading the full version of the pack here; Download K-Lite Codec Pack 7.80 (Full) - FileHippo.com

If you play the file in that player it should work. If it still doesn't work re-install the whole thing and be sure to select the option during installation that let's you install the most stuff.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

The thing about k-lite full is that it contains a lot of filters and codecs you don't even use.
    In fact sometimes it still doesn't play the used format right.

CCCP holds basically what you need and doesn't add filters and files that only take up space.

If subtitles do not show up make sure you have the activated int he proper filter, I don't know if K-lite uses Haali mediaspliter CCCP does.
    CCCP - Combined Community Codec Pack
    Uninstall the oversized crap that is K-lite, get cccp.
    Under start -> programs -> combined community codec -> Filters -> Haali media splitter settings -> tab options -> open the + Languages -> subtitle priority -> set value to eng and press okay.

Another option; once you play the video files in your Taskbar near your clock the filters will open; Look for the Vobsub icon and right click it. There you see your subs and tick them on.

I added the step like this because people using WMP cannot enter the option in the player.

For external subs in Media Player Classic; Home Cinema;
    Under the tab Play -> Filters -> Video Filters you can load in subs.
    See below for a screenie, MPC users can also access VobSub this way.

A bit of advice for win7 users that still use WMP, they ruined the player for windows 7 in more ways than one. Both in K-lite and CCCP you should have the option to install or not Media Player Classic - Home Cinema.
    My suggestion is to use that instead of the failed WMP, I was having subtitle problems as well with WMP and some subtitles do not even load if they are external. For that reason alone it would be better to switch.

And lastly why not VLC, even though many people praise it.
    Because of results like this. VLC doesn't use any codecs and in every episode that is mkv and sometimes mp4 you will get glitches like this. Sometimes even worse; a whole screen green and pixels for 4 seconds time.

Other advice;
    People experiencing lag;
    Did you download a 1080p version? 8bit or 10bit?
    Make sure your computer is able to handle the playback otherwise you experience horrible lag.
    Other reasons;
    Some programs still cannot play Hi-10 properly, this is why I stick with the hi-8.
    What is hi-10; a new format used in fansubs; basically the same setup as hi-8 (h264) but more quality with a much lesser file size. It is still rather new and not everyone supports it yet. VLC only supports it in their nightly beta program.

Do not even install 2 codec packs at the same time, they end up glitching each other out and then it still doesn't work like it should.

for people who ask for help in this thread;
    Just posting "I downloaded this show and it doesn't play" doesn't help at all.
    1. check the torrent notes, file name; what format is it (1080p, 720p, mkv, mp4, hi10?)
    2. what am I playing it with= vlc, wmp, mpc-hc, zoom player, sm player?
    3. what are my computer specs; what video card, what processor. So we can figure out if you didn't just download something your computer cannot even play to begin with.
    4. what problem am I experiencing; lag while playing, screen glitches, black screen no audio, no subs etc.
    5. what codecs do I already have installed; k-lite, cccp, zero codecs.

If you read the above list and you have 0 codecs and things do not play then the answer is pretty simple is it. (unless you use SM player and I think Zoom as well)

There are dozens of people distributing raws for example, we can only shoot in the dark at this point when it comes to drawing conclusions.
    Last edited by KarumA; 11-24-2011 at 01:53 AM.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast