aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Haruka Nanase (young) (L2)Makoto Tachibana (young) (L2)Rin Matsuoka (young) (L2)
    Nezumi (L3)Sion (L4)Aoba (L2)
    Lancer (L7)Kougami Shinya (L9)Ciel (L5)

Togainu no Chi on Windows 8?

Is TNC compatible with Win8? I know that you need a patch to play it on Windows 7 or Vista. Windows 8 is supposed to be backwards compatible with Windows 7, so will the Win7 patch do the trick if I want to play the game on Win8? Also where would I find the Win7 patch? (I found the vista patch but not the win7 one) Thank you!

EDIT: and are the other older N+C games (Lamento, Sweet Pool) win8 compatible?
    Last edited by ClosetedYaoiFan; 07-18-2013 at 10:42 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I have managed to install N+C's games on Windows 8. TnC and DMMd worked fine. I haven't played Sweet Pool and Lamento(because the full English patch isn't out yet) so I can't say they are working right, but they start up and I can start the game.

TnC worked completely fine except for when you load/save anything(game freezes) but that problem was solved by reloading the disc. There was an explanation about this somewhere.
    1. Right click taskbar icon.
    2. Left click the icon above Pin/Unpin from taskbar.
    3. Right click the original window when the blond guy image pops up.

Slight problem with DMMd(or re:connect) installation but just had to open the disc and selected another install thing. Lamento wouldn't start up until I only put patch1.03 and the no-disk thing on it.
    Last edited by chibievil; 08-19-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

1. Right click taskbar icon.
    2. Left click the icon above Pin/Unpin from taskbar.
    3. Right click the original window when the blond guy image pops up.
    I've tried this over and over and it doesn't work for me. I keep seeing people saying it worked for them in windows 8, so why not for me? i've also tried compatibility modes, none of which work.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by retrolizard11 View Post
    I've tried this over and over and it doesn't work for me. I keep seeing people saying it worked for them in windows 8, so why not for me? i've also tried compatibility modes, none of which work.
    Sorry. That's how I remember it. Maybe the original post(don't know where it is) will help more. And make sure that the disk is still loaded.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

(S026) Kei Yamashiro
    This is where the save/load solution was : http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t1...i-game-p2.html

If you keep hanging at saves, you might want to try disabling that thing in the menu, too. (Go see that post for details.)

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

help

Quote Originally Posted by snowgoose View Post
    This is where the save/load solution was : http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t1...i-game-p2.html

If you keep hanging at saves, you might want to try disabling that thing in the menu, too. (Go see that post for details.)
    help, my main problem is i don't know where the save button or how to save...not freeze or lag but don't know where the saving thing..please help me. this my first yaoi game and in win8....i appreciate if u help me. >W<

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

(S026) Kei Yamashiro
    Quote Originally Posted by tsuruya View Post
    help, my main problem is i don't know where the save button or how to save...not freeze or lag but don't know where the saving thing..please help me. this my first yaoi game and in win8....i appreciate if u help me. >W<
    I don't know if this is changed in the English patched version, but from the Japanese version : right click anywhere and choose the option that has 'S' on it.

The rule of thumb with VNs in general, when you play other games : when in doubt, right click. If right click doesn't work, then move your cursor around the game screen until the options come up. セーブ is 'save' and ロード is 'restore'. Unless your game is a bit old-fashioned, in which case it'll use kanjis for save-load. In that case, just poke around until you find something resembling a screen with a lot of empty squares/rectangles/slots.