Hello. I played the game a little bit ago and fully completed it no problem. My boyfriend wants to play but is having massive issues in just trying to get the game to run.

Well, he DID have the game running correctly at the start but he thought that the menu's were supposed to be translated and ended up uninstalling the game, then re-installing and applying the patch again but now the game is just a black screen with just sound (the title screen music) and he's losing GB on his hard drive every time he tries to apply the patch. He downloaded the game from Fuwanovel...but i gave him the patch from here as well as i wasn't sure if Fuwanovel had the final patch.

I have looked in this thread and searched for any idea on what's happening and i'm just hoping somebody can help here cause i've never really heard of any issue like this before.

He is using Vista (I have windows 7 and had no issues). This is how he explained it:

I installed the game

I followed the step by step directions

Game played fine but I thought something was off with the patch as the menus were still in Japanese, so I uninstalled. Each time I tried to install the english patch after i installed the game again, my memory goes down, even though the folder it's saving this data to doesn't really exist (there is no NitroplusCHIRAL folder in program files, just program files (x86)

and after a while the game just didn't display images after I popped in the script

To be honest, i'm annoyed at myself cause after a few months i couldn't remember if the menu's were translated or not and i feel like i caused all of this . Is this a problem because it's vista and he seems to have 2 different types of program files? He has lost about 8.8GB with the patch data going into the wrong program files and we have no idea how to get this space back as well as get the game running for him.

If anybody could help with this i would be eternally grateful