aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

DRAMAtical Murder: Saving Issue

I apologize for making a new thread for this, but it's something a) I haven't seen anyone else have an issue with and b) I've been trying to figure out on my own and as of yet I haven't been able to fix it at all, aah....

Basically, one of my friends has been trying to get DRAMAtical Murder to play on her computer for a good while. She finally got the game & patch to actually play smoothly, without AppLocale or anything, and without the endless/closing black screen. But now when she tries to save, the otomedream.com platform that runs the game says it's stopped working and closes everytime, without fail. We've tried a ton of different downloads and un/reinstalled countless times but the same thing keeps happening... I'm really not sure what the problem is.

Locale's in Japanese, game's updated to 1.10, Softdenchi's there (not sure if that makes a difference, though), everything runs smoothly until she clicks a save slot in the Load/Save menu. She's running on 32-bit Windows 7 Ultimate, I'm pretty sure. If anyone has any ideas on what to do, please let me know! I really don't want her to have to miss out on the game.

EDIT: We've tried adding a save folder manually into Appdata < Roaming < NitroplusCHiRAL < 1.00, and adding data, but it still didn't create a Load Data tab on the main screen... it's almost as though the game is unable to create a save directory, so it just crashes? It's really frustrating, any ideas someone could give would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Laelius; 06-06-2013 at 08:02 PM. Reason: update on issue

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Joshua (L5)Ginoza (L8)Ky Kiske (L7)
    Sol Badguy (L9)Axel (L4)Neku (L5)
    Rai (L7)Shuu Tsukiyama (L2)Levi SnK (L8)
    I have the same issue with DMMd. I'm running on 32-bit Vista Home Premium.

I've tried all the solutions I've found online but nothing worked for me either. It just keeps crashing every time I try to save. The game hangs at the point where Koujaku's girlfriends tease Aoba about his hair too, though.

I've noticed that when I start DMMd using AppLocale or just with the locale in Japanese the game doesn't even create the appdata\Roaming\NitroplusCHiRAL\1.00 folder. It only created it when I started the game in my original locale by mistake. No idea why though. :/

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Chico (L7)Lady Gaga (L1)Rai (L7)
    Asato (L9)Durer (L7)Guys (L3)
    Jose (L1)Lusca (L5)Vallewida (L2)

Have you both tried running the game in admin mode?

Also perhaps try installing to a different location instead.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Joshua (L5)Ginoza (L8)Ky Kiske (L7)
    Sol Badguy (L9)Axel (L4)Neku (L5)
    Rai (L7)Shuu Tsukiyama (L2)Levi SnK (L8)
    I don't know for sure if this will help your friend too, Laelius, but I think the problem was with my user account's name, as it used to be greek originally (and it can't be changed). The game was just unable to read the path properly when the locale was changed to japanese. I created a new user account on my laptop with an english name and I'm playing the game on it right now. It's stopped crashing and it's saving/loading properly. Hope this helps!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

@arnica It actually did turn out to be one of the problems with my friend's account! The main problem, I think, was what debono said; I don't think she had the permissions to create save files when we installed it to the program files. The other issue, when we tried to install to her documents, was that her original username on the computer had a heart symbol in it, so it wouldn't let us change the directory because it couldn't read it there. When we installed it on the other account on the computer with no symbols in it, we were able to save. I can't believe it was something this simple the whole time, oh jeez.... I'm just glad it's all fixed. Thank you guys for the replies.

I don't know if it's a related issue and I'm sorry to be a bother, but I've also gotten a message from someone who used my installation guide (I get a lot of error reports) saying that they've played through all the routes (all good/bad ends) and their data saves normally and such. But the characters never showed up on the main screen when they finished a route and now they can't play Ren's route, even though they've finished the others - like the game didn't count that they finished? They said they un- and reinstalled but got the same problem.
    I recommended they delete the 1.00 folder in AppData and reinstall, then play/skip through a route's endings to see what happens, but I'm not sure if that will work ... so I wanted to get a second opinion. I've never had someone with this issue either.

Everything has been solved with this problem!
    Last edited by Laelius; 06-11-2013 at 10:39 PM. Reason: issue solved

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

(S030) Virus
    What to you mean by user accout?
    Windowns accout?
    I have the same problem. I cant save the game it aloways crushing and I dont know what to do to solve it ;-;
    I really need help :'<

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by HillaTheCat View Post
    What to you mean by user accout?
    Windowns accout?
    I have the same problem. I cant save the game it aloways crushing and I dont know what to do to solve it ;-;
    I really need help :'<
    You have to be the administrator account in order to install the game to Program Files and be able to access the part of the computer that you need to to save.

Uninstall the game (and take out all files still in the Program Files root folder), and when you re-install and get to this screen (link), change the location it installs to from C: < Program Files to somewhere like C: < Users < yourname < My Documents. That way you will have the permissions to save.

Make sure your Windows user name (found in C: < Users) doesn't have any non-alphanumeric characters in it or you'll get an error when trying to change where it installs to.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

(S030) Virus
    Quote Originally Posted by Laelius View Post
    You have to be the administrator account in order to install the game to Program Files and be able to access the part of the computer that you need to to save.

Uninstall the game (and take out all files still in the Program Files root folder), and when you re-install and get to this screen (link), change the location it installs to from C: < Program Files to somewhere like C: < Users < yourname < My Documents. That way you will have the permissions to save.

Make sure your Windows user name (found in C: < Users) doesn't have any non-alphanumeric characters in it or you'll get an error when trying to change where it installs to.
    Its okay I already figured it out ^-^ thank you for helping me, Im about the finish the game already~