aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hollow Ichigo (L9)(S012) Hollow IchigoAl (L1)
    Ichigo (L6)Ichigo (L2)Ranmaru I (L1)
    Akira TnC (L1)Yuuri (L2)Naruto (L9)

Windows 8 Translation Problems for Games

First off, I would like to say that I did read all the stickies, and I couldn't find any answers, because I am using Windows 8, and the stickies haven't been updated for that yet. If I did miss something, I am sorry.

I am using Windows 8. I have installed the Japanese language, according to Microsoft's website's instructions.
    Language packs are available for Windows 8 and for Windows RT

I can type Japanese and see the Japanese characters on Japanese websites. However, on the Game interface, I don't get characters at all - just ?????? as words. Anyone know what to do?

The game I am trying to play is Kyou Kara Maou: Oresama

Here is a screenshot of the game, and a Japanese website in the background to show that I can see characters.

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Chico (L7)Lady Gaga (L1)Rai (L7)
    Asato (L9)Durer (L7)Guys (L3)
    Jose (L1)Lusca (L5)Vallewida (L2)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuu90 View Post
    First off, I would like to say that I did read all the stickies, and I couldn't find any answers, because I am using Windows 8, and the stickies haven't been updated for that yet. If I did miss something, I am sorry.

I am using Windows 8. I have installed the Japanese language, according to Microsoft's website's instructions.
    Language packs are available for Windows 8 and for Windows RT

I can type Japanese and see the Japanese characters on Japanese websites. However, on the Game interface, I don't get characters at all - just ?????? as words. Anyone know what to do?

The game I am trying to play is Kyou Kara Maou: Oresama

Here is a screenshot of the game, and a Japanese website in the background to show that I can see characters.

You didn't change the non-unicode settings.

Start > Control Panel > Clock, Language and Region > Region > Administrative > Change system local
    Set it to 'Japanese (Japan)'

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

(S026) Kei Yamashiro
    With Windows 8 it's actually in Desktop > Settings > Control Panel > Region > Administrative > Change System Locale. (Selecting Settings in the Metro interface won't work.)

Small differences, but if they're already having trouble trying to find the option....

p.s. I'm assuming that you're using Windows 8 vanilla without shell extensions.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Mashima Taichi (L4)Lina Inverse (L2)Natsume (L10)
    Ryo OhkiSai (L3)Nyanko
    MadaraNecoco (L1)Sinbad (L6)
    Easier way to go to Control Panel using shortcut key in Windows 8 is 'start button on keyboard+I'. That lets you choose control panel directly, then you can do the change system locale automatically.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hollow Ichigo (L9)(S012) Hollow IchigoAl (L1)
    Ichigo (L6)Ichigo (L2)Ranmaru I (L1)
    Akira TnC (L1)Yuuri (L2)Naruto (L9)
    OMG. I feel like such an idiot. *facepalm* Thank you so much everyone on your help. Apparently, the answer was in aphelion_orion's sticky thread, but I misunderstood it. I had changed over to Japanese, but you had to do that in two different places, and none of the stickies were clear on that. Also, I would like to mention for anyone that is computer stupid like me, you actually click the green header, Clock, Language and Region to get to the next part in the steps. (Start > Control Panel > Clock, Language and Region > Region > Administrative > Change system) Region is not listed as a "blue link" under the header. I ended up finding Region by randomly clicking around, and going this way:
    Start > Control Panel > Clock, Language and Region. Then I chose the blue link, Change Date, Time or Number formats. A new window pops up. Click the Administrative tab. Click Change System Locale, and choose Japanese.

Once again, thank you everyone for your help.