aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by idontneednames View Post
    I'm not really sure if this is the right place to ask these since all the problems posted here all have to do with installing and running the game and not something that occurs in-game.

I'm having a problem with the "DRAMAtical Moder" extra. Each episode I click on just appears as white when I click play. It looks like this:

Attachment 168301

Music will play shortly and then return to the default one (the music playing in the dramatical moder menu). That's the only part of the game that's not working.

Hello idontneednames!

The "Mother" section plays a bunch of videos taken from the flash game made for an April Fools day joke. There are a couple things that could be wrong... First, you should go into the directory/folder you installed DRAMAtical Murder: RE, and go into the directory "DX".

Here is where all the videos and animation effects are stored for the game. As a test, find and temporarily rename the file "mv_moder05.ngs" to "mv_moder05.mpg". (Basically change the extension to MPG). The video files can be viewed this way.

If you cannot open the file afterwards in Media Player (Or whatever video player you use), then you will need to download some video codecs to play the videos.

You can download them here:
    CCCP - Combined Community Codec Pack

Good luck! ^^ Let me know how that turns out for you.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Hello idontneednames!

The "Mother" section plays a bunch of videos taken from the flash game made for an April Fools day joke. There are a couple things that could be wrong... First, you should go into the directory/folder you installed DRAMAtical Murder: RE, and go into the directory "DX".

Here is where all the videos and animation effects are stored for the game. As a test, find and temporarily rename the file "mv_moder05.ngs" to "mv_moder05.mpg". (Basically change the extension to MPG). The video files can be viewed this way.

If you cannot open the file afterwards in Media Player (Or whatever video player you use), then you will need to download some video codecs to play the videos.

You can download them here:
    CCCP - Combined Community Codec Pack

Good luck! ^^ Let me know how that turns out for you.
    Changing the file extensions work, thanks! But is there any way to view them in-game or can they only be viewed with a media player?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Ah! Pardon me, I forgot to mention to rename them back afterwards.

I just wanted to know if you could view them outside of the game.

If you could, then I wonder... the game SHOULD be able to play the videos as well. Is it just he "Mother" videos that aren't working? Or can you NOT view the intro video as well? If it's just the "Mother" videos, then it might be the English videos that aren't working, not the original Japanese ones.

Could you take a screenshot of the DX folder with the "mv_moderXX.ngs" files visible? I would like to see the file sizes and names, please! ^^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Runtime Error

I haven't seen my problem covered yet... For the sake of not creating another DMMDRC error thread, I'll tack my issue on to this one. Hope that's okay.

When I try to install {I think I'm at that part}, I keep getting this error message...

Error.PNG

I've deleted and re-downloaded files, re-extracted them, unmounted and mounted again, re-started my computer, and nothing seems to help me. Not exactly sure what other info one would need to help me, so I'll list some facts...

-I'm running Windows 8.1
    -Locale is in Japanese {I don't imagine it would have changed overnight, I just finished playing DMMD last night, that ran flawlessly}.
    -I downloaded the 3-part zip files that were put up on here and extracted them through winRar.
    -I updated both DirectX and VGA drivers.

I'm at a loss here. v.v Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

DMMDrc crashes when it starts running

Ahhhh, I'm really sorry but I have another problem ;-;

I get this "otomedream.exe has stopped responding" error. At first I thought it was because my laptop couldn't handle running it because of how much RAM was being used at the moment or because I was clicking on the window while it was loading, which is usually the problem. But when I tried again, the game just crashes on start up. The game has been running smoothly before so I have no idea what I've done wrong.

Here are what I've tried so far after digging through this forum:
    - Uninstalled and re-installed the game
    - Checked my antivirus**
    - Ran SdActi.exe and Sdrt5030.exe then closed it (which worked before when my first dmmd got a black screen)
    - Checked the file sizes

Other things that I tried:
    - Ran the first game to see if that had any problems too, it works perfectly.
    - Restarted my computer
    - Tried running a copy of the game from the the original install directory (I copied the files on a hard drive and usually play it from there)

**I did check my antivirus, but I couldn't see a file there that I thought was related to the game on the quarantine list (I'm using Norton 360 btw). There might be one so that may be the problem.
    Last edited by idontneednames; 07-21-2015 at 02:09 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Melodux View Post
    I haven't seen my problem covered yet... For the sake of not creating another DMMDRC error thread, I'll tack my issue on to this one. Hope that's okay.

When I try to install {I think I'm at that part}, I keep getting this error message...

Error.PNG

I've deleted and re-downloaded files, re-extracted them, unmounted and mounted again, re-started my computer, and nothing seems to help me. Not exactly sure what other info one would need to help me, so I'll list some facts...

-I'm running Windows 8.1
    -Locale is in Japanese {I don't imagine it would have changed overnight, I just finished playing DMMD last night, that ran flawlessly}.
    -I downloaded the 3-part zip files that were put up on here and extracted them through winRar.
    -I updated both DirectX and VGA drivers.

I'm at a loss here. v.v Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Hmm, you can try running the install program directly, instead of running the launcher.

Explore the DVD, and instead of the program there, go into the folder named "product". There should be a program in there, try running that instead.

Quote Originally Posted by idontneednames View Post
    Ahhhh, I'm really sorry but I have another problem ;-;

I get this "otomedream.exe has stopped responding" error. At first I thought it was because my laptop couldn't handle running it because of how much RAM was being used at the moment or because I was clicking on the window while it was loading, which is usually the problem. But when I tried again, the game just crashes on start up. The game has been running smoothly before so I have no idea what I've done wrong.

Here are what I've tried so far after digging through this forum:
    - Uninstalled and re-installed the game
    - Checked my antivirus**
    - Ran SdActi.exe and Sdrt5030.exe then closed it (which worked before when my first dmmd got a black screen)
    - Checked the file sizes

Other things that I tried:
    - Ran the first game to see if that had any problems too, it works perfectly.
    - Restarted my computer
    - Tried running a copy of the game from the the original install directory (I copied the files on a hard drive and usually play it from there)

**I did check my antivirus, but I couldn't see a file there that I thought was related to the game on the quarantine list (I'm using Norton 360 btw). There might be one so that may be the problem.
    The crack file for DMMd and DMMdrc were created by a Chinese hacking/Yaoi fan group called "Otome Dream". They're a bit like Aarinfantasy (the community). Because it was hacked together, some antivirus programs would react weirdly with this file. It may not be tagged as a virus, but sometimes it would be prevented from running properly, as Antivirus programs watch "resident" programs as they run, to try and stop them from acting weird.

Now, I dunno if that's the case, as you said you got it to work before, but you said you 'copied the files and moved the game to another harddrive'? Did the game stop working after that?

On a slightly different note, I think the SDActi security program writes the install location of the game to the system registry, so you might need to keep the game in the original install location, and re-run the SDActi there.

Where did you install the game, either way?

What version of Windows are you using?

I have one last suggestion... Click on the Windows Start button, then type %APPDATA% into the search bar. It will pop up a window of the location of save information for many programs, including games. From here, look for "NitroplusCHiRAL", and CUT or MOVE the DMMdRC file somewhere else temporarily. Make sure it's not there anymore. Try running the game again and see if that does anything.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    The crack file for DMMd and DMMdrc were created by a Chinese hacking/Yaoi fan group called "Otome Dream". They're a bit like Aarinfantasy (the community). Because it was hacked together, some antivirus programs would react weirdly with this file. It may not be tagged as a virus, but sometimes it would be prevented from running properly, as Antivirus programs watch "resident" programs as they run, to try and stop them from acting weird.

Now, I dunno if that's the case, as you said you got it to work before, but you said you 'copied the files and moved the game to another harddrive'? Did the game stop working after that?

On a slightly different note, I think the SDActi security program writes the install location of the game to the system registry, so you might need to keep the game in the original install location, and re-run the SDActi there.

Where did you install the game, either way?

What version of Windows are you using?

I have one last suggestion... Click on the Windows Start button, then type %APPDATA% into the search bar. It will pop up a window of the location of save information for many programs, including games. From here, look for "NitroplusCHiRAL", and CUT or MOVE the DMMdRC file somewhere else temporarily. Make sure it's not there anymore. Try running the game again and see if that does anything.
    Okay, here goes:

First, I installed it in the default directory [C:/Program files (x86)/NitroplusCHirAL], then copied the files on a hard drive. I've been running the game from my hard drive ever since installing it since most programs installed in x86 can run from anywhere as long as the files are in the same folder.

Second, I'm running a Windows 7 Starter 64-bit (since dmmd is 32-bit it takes up most of my RAM when playing)

Third, I was afraid you would say that. The reason I didn't want to try the AppData technique was because I was aware that the save files and configs were stored in there. Well, I did try it and moved it to my desktop. Needless to say, all my data was erased when I tried running it again. I moved them back and ran the game again. It works! Best part was all my saves were still there. Thank you so much!

I thought of putting what I did here just in case anyone had the same problem as me c:

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Ahh the wonders of computers. XD

Yeah, the Appdata thing is usually a last-ditch effort at the cost of save-files. But as you mentioned, it also keeps config files. So if something got corrupt, you can attempt to fix things.

Glad you got it working again!! ^^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hey,

Uh, I downloaded and installed the game fine, it runs normally but when i select the coloured icon for a good route there is no option to select a route, it wil automatically send me on one.

once I have completed a good ending and a bad ending the characters little avatars dont appear either.

I have no idea whats up with it, and was wondering if anyone here could help.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by gracieangel100 View Post
    Hey,

Uh, I downloaded and installed the game fine, it runs normally but when i select the coloured icon for a good route there is no option to select a route, it wil automatically send me on one.

once I have completed a good ending and a bad ending the characters little avatars dont appear either.

I have no idea whats up with it, and was wondering if anyone here could help.
    Hello graceiangel100!

So, after you click on the coloured swirly square for a character, then click on their coloured icon... there should be exactly ONE selection box in that ending. You have to view both selections and finish, then finish the blackened bad-ending icon. Then the character should show up.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast