aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Rin (L7)Pray for JapanYukio (L7)
    Gintoki (L4)Shinpachi G (L1)Katsuya (L10)
    Konoe (L2)Zebra (L9)Toriko (L9)

Square na Kankei issues, please help :)

I have had Square na Kankei installed on my computer, and it has worked in the past. Not that long ago, maybe a few months? Anyways, when I went to play it today, an error message popped up and it wouldn't go past the splash logo. The window just closed. The error was:
    'A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly'

When I try to get more information, it simply says that the program is not compatible.

I've tried running it with all different compatibilities/versions and service packs, and with and without administrator functions. It's not a language thing or a regional thing because all of my other games play perfectly fine. It's not supposed to be a patch thing, because on Ein's website, it states that it's compatible with Win 7 (which is what I have). I really hope someone on here can help me. I'd rather not do my usual trial and error method (more like bang my head on the keyboard until something happens) lol

Thank you ahead of time,
    ~Kessai

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Wing 1 (Left)TonberryWing 1 (Right)
    Makoto Tachibana (L6)Auron (L6)Akihiko (L4)
    Hope (L9)Mr.R (L9)Balthier (L6)
    Hm, it should be compatible with Windows 7 because I can play it just fine with my 'windows 7 home premium'

How about installing a video codec update, maybe that will help you past that title screen.
    Free-Codecs.com : Download K-Lite Codec Pack 9.8.5 FULL, K-Lite Codec Pack 9.8.5 STANDARD, K-Lite Codec Pack 9.8.5 BASIC

If not, can you recall downloading anything lately that might of caused this sudden change?

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Rin (L7)Pray for JapanYukio (L7)
    Gintoki (L4)Shinpachi G (L1)Katsuya (L10)
    Konoe (L2)Zebra (L9)Toriko (L9)
    OMG thank you for the advice!! I didn't even suspect it may be the codecs even though that was like the only new 'program' I installed lol. I tried the ones you linked and they didn't quite work for me, but I dl'ed the Windows 7 codec pack and it worked!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

This was getting me seriously frustrated :3

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Wing 1 (Left)TonberryWing 1 (Right)
    Makoto Tachibana (L6)Auron (L6)Akihiko (L4)
    Hope (L9)Mr.R (L9)Balthier (L6)
    No problem! Glad I was able to help.

Enjoy the game as always, Square na Kaikei is a personally favorite of mine and it's happy to know other people have played it as well.
    (Nishida x Aoi~ My OTP.)