aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Zack (L10)Konoe (L2)Cecil Aijima (L10)
    Rai Lamento (L9)Okita (L9)Kamui (L7)
    Valdrigue (L8)Akira TnC (L9)Aoba (L12)

AGTH/Translation Aggregator Issues

Hi, I'm pretty new to playing games (both BL and non) that aren't fan patched, but I figured I'd give it a go. I've downloaded a few games (including Messiah - which I will use as an example,) along with AGTH, Atlas, and TA, but AGTH is doing something weird. It is posting each character in three, which is messing up the translation.

Yes, it does this in other games also. I can't judge though, because they are all by the same maker (Paranoia Paradox, etc.)

I'll post a screencap of what happens.

Thanks,
    winters
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Yoshinaga Koushi (L6)Yoshinaga Koushi (L7)Guys (L3)
    Tomohiro Shiraishi (L5)Tomohiro Shiraishi (L6)Johan Liebert (L3)
    Youji Tachibana (L2)Shouichirou Toudou (L3)Dr. Kenzo Tenma (L1)
    I'm unfamiliar with that game, but when you're putting in code parameters to go with the instruction (like when you're looping it to run with the game in the Properties box) there are codes you can add which will ignore repetition of characters.

(I think it's in the /kf command... you add, say 1:200 afterwards and it'll cut out repetition? I've found just tinkering until something vaguely reminiscent of believable dialogue comes along is the way to go. Then again, I got the line "THE CAR IS FLOATING IN CUM" in Gakuen Heaven, which was probably innaccuarte, but absolutely hilarious.)

Um, I just found this: under the [Core-dusk] listing, there's infor on both Messiah and Paranoia Paradox. Basically chuck that code in with your /c /ks etc parameters in the Properties box. From what it looks like, you're having an issue with the font... I've heard of that happening and messing with the output coming from the game.

Hope that's some help!

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Zack (L10)Konoe (L2)Cecil Aijima (L10)
    Rai Lamento (L9)Okita (L9)Kamui (L7)
    Valdrigue (L8)Akira TnC (L9)Aoba (L12)
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLuckDoubt View Post
    I'm unfamiliar with that game, but when you're putting in code parameters to go with the instruction (like when you're looping it to run with the game in the Properties box) there are codes you can add which will ignore repetition of characters.

(I think it's in the /kf command... you add, say 1:200 afterwards and it'll cut out repetition? I've found just tinkering until something vaguely reminiscent of believable dialogue comes along is the way to go. Then again, I got the line "THE CAR IS FLOATING IN CUM" in Gakuen Heaven, which was probably innaccuarte, but absolutely hilarious.)

Um, I just found this: under the [Core-dusk] listing, there's infor on both Messiah and Paranoia Paradox. Basically chuck that code in with your /c /ks etc parameters in the Properties box. From what it looks like, you're having an issue with the font... I've heard of that happening and messing with the output coming from the game.

Hope that's some help!
    Thanks for the suggestions! Actually what I found out was that it wasn't the actual game itself that was messing up, but rather AGTH. see, apparently it had this option that it can stop repeating a certain character x amount of times. I entered in 3, and viola, fixed. I can't believe it was that simple! XD. And yes, the translations given are quite hilarious indeed. I love that "eh" is translated to "cum!" In the bing part of translation aggregator.

Thanks again! I shall now play my VNs in peace of mind
    ~winters