aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Gakuen Heaven playing issue

I've downloaded Gakuen Heaven and I have it set up to run through AGTH and Translation Aggregator on Windows 7. The problem I'm having is I can't get the TA screen to show up over the game while it plays. The program is up and running, when I bring up the task bar it's there but when I try to view it I can't see anything but the game screen. Same thing if I try to open any other application while the game is running. I can't shrink the game screen or (as far as I can tell) change the window size so it is not full screen. To actually see any other program including the TA window I have to exit out of the game entirely. Any ideas how to work around this?

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Yoshinaga Koushi (L6)Yoshinaga Koushi (L7)Guys (L3)
    Tomohiro Shiraishi (L5)Tomohiro Shiraishi (L6)Johan Liebert (L3)
    Youji Tachibana (L2)Shouichirou Toudou (L3)Dr. Kenzo Tenma (L1)
    THANKYOU! I think I'm having the same problem too. Basically I've installed everything in the order it's asked for, entered in the codes /c /fs etc, in the Target box, and I can't actually get the translator to run alongside the game. The tutes I've come across are kind of vague and seem to assume prior knowledge of all this stuff, too... I can get the game running FINE in Japanese, but I can't understand what's going on. :/ It also changed my screen resolution using the second method detailled here laboratory: Translating BL Games: Playing BL Games with Rudimentary Translation Equipment for Beginners. Any ideas, anyone? Thanks in advance, this has been driving me crazy!

Okay, a few things on this: (and I am STILL nowhere near proficient in using this stuff, I've just been playing...)

a) http://sprucefir.wordpress.com/2010/...me-in-english/ That's a really good tute which explains the order things need to be entered in when you're changing stuff in the properties box to incorporate the fact that you're running the language things in addition to the game. Get the order wrong, and nothing will happen, it's like when you **** up HTML and it gets ignored.

and

b) when you're playing the game, you can hit escape and pulldown menus appear. ONE of these headings will resize the game window to a small square, which means you can keep your screen resolution and display boxes which run your ATLAs and your Translation Aggregator.
    Last edited by LadyLuckDoubt; 03-31-2013 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Fixed, wanted to explain and hopefully help the other poster!

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Yoshinaga Koushi (L6)Yoshinaga Koushi (L7)Guys (L3)
    Tomohiro Shiraishi (L5)Tomohiro Shiraishi (L6)Johan Liebert (L3)
    Youji Tachibana (L2)Shouichirou Toudou (L3)Dr. Kenzo Tenma (L1)
    :/ I'm now getting no connect between AGTH and the game. No idea what's going on and why the number of text options in the pulldown menu on AGTH keep changing. If anyone can offer anything, I'd appreciate it...

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Miisu (L6)Heart 6 (Devil)Kuro (L6)
    Mori (L3)Heart 4 (Rainbow)Honey (L2)
    Gian (L4)Spacer 1Spacer 1
    TA has an option to always be the "front" window, even with fullscreen games...go to "View" in TA and select "Always on Top" to make it do so.

As for the window size problem...there is an option to put GH in windowed mode. Right click, go down twice from the "LOAD" menu, and click the second option from the menu that pops up. Hope that helped somewhat...;w;