aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Ej Trouble With TNC Image Patch for Togainu no Chi PC Game

I've seen plenty of discussed problems with the Togainu no Chi PC game, but not one listed about the TNC Image Patch for when you're trying to install the English patch to the game. So, I'm wondering if someone can help me.

I've uninstalled the game, and torrented the files again to start completely fresh. I've re-installed the game and everything goes smoothly until I try to apply the TNC Image Patch. It has a problem with the 0cg file located in the NitroplusCHiRAL program folder. It keeps prompting me to either 'Retry', 'Abort', or 'Skip' installing. If I do so, then at some point in the game the English text translation stops and Japanese characters show instead. I wish I could read these characters but I can't.

I really want to find out what is going on during Shiki's endings because the English translation stopped on his path. It's driving me crazy!

Oh, I'm running Windows Vista if that helps anyone to understand what could possibly be going on.

Thank you!

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

DS_001_leftHajime Ichinose (L4)DS_001_right
    Rob (L4)Konoe (L2)Kusuriuri (L10)
    DS_002_(1)topleftWing 1 (Left)DS_002_(2)topmid
    Perhaps you need to replace file located in the program folder with one that was provided by the patch.

Anyway, I somehow managed to run both the game and the patch perfectly with Vista, so I don't think your problem is related to your OS

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you so, soooo much for trying to help me! I did as you suggested, but I'm encountering the same error. Perhaps the problem is in the game itself. I used Torch to torrent the game instead of uTorrent.

Do you think I should try to torrent the game again with uTorrent? That's the ONLY thing I've don't differently from tutorials and such.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Your game seems to work fine so there is no need to download the game again, right? Can you tell me which patch did you use?

I would have liked to try having the same problem as you if I didn't kill my laptop with chocolate. x(

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Chocolate and laptop are two things you need. Don't kill 'em!

Seriously, I hope your laptop is okay. I would die without mine. x.x

I really appreciate that you're showing such interest in my problem. You're right--there doesn't seem to be a problem with the game itself. Here is a link to the patch I used: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f16/t1...o-chi-rin.html

As far as I know, it's a good working patch.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Hahaha, well the motherboard got short-circuited by the chocolate so it's totally dead. The only thing I can salvage if the hardisck that contains all Nitro+Chiral games I've had so much trouble installing~ I'll be careful with my new laptop from now on!

Aaaaah, now I see why you can't read Shiki's route!
    Have you read the entire first post? They said that Rin's patch contains all the routes except Shiki's and the True route! No wonder you see Shiki's ending written is Japanese when your patch did not contain the translation in the first place!

Go grab the complete patch on this topic and don't forget to uninstall the previous version. Hope it works.
    Last edited by Munni; 12-04-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

It's great that you'll be able to save all your games at least. ^_^

Wow! I can't believe it! I didn't read that the previous patch I was using didn't have Shiki's route. You see, I'm no good with computer stuff, and a friend linked me all the stuff and said it would all work, so...

Thanks to you, I've got the completed patch and IT WORKS!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG !!!!!!!

I can't thank you enough! I owe you SOOOOOO much because it was driving me crazy not knowing what was going on during the Shiki endings, and now I can find out (because not all of the endings are on youtube), and THANK YOU!!!

There is still a problem with the TNC Image Patch and the 0cg file in the NitroplusCHiRAL program file, but it doesn't seem to effect the game any, so I'm not going to worry about it.

I seriously owe you. How can I repay you for helping me? There must be a way.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Hooray! I'm glad it worked! I'm not that versed with computer stuff either. Just know the basic knowledge for my geeky needs.

There's no need to repay me anything really. :o Simply knowing our humble help were useful is enough!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I will be forever grateful. That's for sure. :3 Thank you and your "geeky needs". XD

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I'm having the same issue but it also can not change the script.pik file along with the 0cg file. When I skip and attempt to just play the game as is, there is no background or foreground even, just music.

I am using the newest patch, and I did download it from the above link. I also changed everything in my computer that needed to be changed. I honestly don't know what is wrong. I watched at least 5 tutorials online on how to install this but it just isn't working.

Sorry to bring this thread backup but I haven't seen a good answer and it appears that I am one of the few people who is having this issue.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I'm running windows 7 32bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast