aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Suzuki Shinya (L4)Shuu Tsukiyama (L3)Hikaru S (L1)
    Youji Tachibana (L2)Akira TnC (L1)Rayflo (L8)
    (S022) Iason(S021) Riki(S052) Yuri Katsuki

Enzai doesn't work, help?

As of right now, I have downloaded Enzai a few times already from different sources. I mounted Enzai with Daemon tools and I'm able to get up to the menu right before the game but it stops right there. Whenever I click on game start, I hear the chime or sound effect that Enzai usually gives when you choose an option but it gets cut off and nothing happens.

I only get as far as this:
    eh.JPG

As for the other download, I get a folder of different files which includes two application files called Enzai and Set up. When I click on set up, it brings me back to the screen that is shown in the image above. When I click on Enzai, it gives me this:
    eg.jpg
    I've had this problem since years ago and decided to just quit Enzai but there was a route that I didn't know about and now I want to go back to it, what should I do

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Louise (L9)Katsuya (L10)Mr.R (L9)
    Sephiroth (L8)Aerith (L6)Vincent (L8)
    (S025) OzakiThor (L9)Chocobo
    Two things:

1) Did you try installing the Direct X that came with it? Some programs need a certain version of this to work correctly, even if the version you have is higher then the one that comes with the game, it's worth trying as it's an issue that has sometimes been resolved this way.

2) What Windows version are you running on? Furthermore, have you used the same OS whenever you've installed the game? Make sure you're running the game as administrator and try a lower compatibility mode.

Let me know how that goes~

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Kagura Demuri (L1)
    hmm, just finished watching this yesterday. Suppose I should try the game too, I'll see if it works for me ok.

Update: With Win7 64-bit, Using the hgames release, mounted the .cue file, installed the game, select Game Start... works fine!

Sorry couldn't help, even tried goggling it...
    Last edited by Asirae; 10-24-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I have Windows xp professional and I'm also on an admin user. My OS has always been xp even when I first played Enzai so I don't suppose that's the problem.

I tried changing the compability of the Enzai app file to windows 95, 98, NT 4.0 and 2000 but they all give me applicatoin formatting error except for 4.0 which asks for Directx version 7 or later and so I went and downloaded version 7 and then eventually 9 but it still doesn't work. It still asks for version 7 or later. There is also a directx .rar that comes with the enzai files but I already extracted that (it was version 9).

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

(S022) IasonHeart 1 (Red)Katze (L4)
    Orochimaru (L5)Link (L8)Sumiya (L1)
    (S021) RikiGrell (L5)Alucard (L3)
    I don't know if this could possibly be the case for you, but maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling? I think I was having the same issue (Application Formatting Error) and it fixed itself through reinstallation.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I doubt reinstalling is going to help...I've tried to get this game several times now. Do you use the mount version or the folder with lots of files?