aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

TNC "Insert CD please"

Hi everyone. I've seen quite many people have had trouble installing Togainu no chi, but I haven't found a reply to my question yet. I'm a beginner concerning iso files, so my question might be stupid.

I'm using the cursed Windows 7. I've installed Togainu no chi ISO joined with HJSplit, Japanese version with the english patch included. The update worked, the patch worked, and the new script installation worked.

Then, when I tried starting the game by double-clicking the shortcut, some blond-hair BL bouncer pops up and it's written this :

From what I understand, he's asking me to insert the CD. It's a CD check against hacking

I've tried reinstalling, redone the patch stuff and rebooted. That blondie came again...

What am I doing wrong ?
    Last edited by Nezuneko; 07-27-2012 at 03:12 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Problem solved, it was explained on Kill the King : Daemon tools needed the "Safe Disc" to be selected and running.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Kotetsu (L2)Barnaby (L2)Yuri (L2)
    Ivan (L2)Antonio (L4)Nathan (L2)
    (S044) Shirotani TadaomiKarina (L2)(S046) Kogitsunemaru
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezuneko View Post
    Problem solved, it was explained on Kill the King : Daemon tools needed the "Safe Disc" to be selected and running.
    <br>

Actually, that still doesn't work to solve this issue for me. I have Daemon tools with Safe Disc checked and it still doesn't work and I get the same start up problems you had. I also have Windows 7, the new patch, the togainu_update_101.exe patch installed, the new (much larger) script.pak from the new patch copied into the game folder and Japanese language installed for the non-Unicode. I've followed the youtube videos, I've searched all the forums, I've Googled this problem too and there is no solution. I've also followed deathvertigo's (Kill the King site you are referring to right?) guide for installation as well.<br><br>

The only thing at this point I can think of doing is going into the control panel &gt; region and language &gt; format and changing it to Japanese. But I don't want to do something that drastic and I don't think it will really change anything.<br><br>I'm also using the CCD files from the version of the game I downloaded, it's the same files that the Kill the King installation guide has. Since you have an iso file, where did you get your copy of the game? Was it from this post: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f156/t...ml#post3937599?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hello I haven't downloaded the CCD version, but the one in separate iso files version you can find further in the main download thread on Aarin, then combined them with HJSplit. Just search Togainu no Chi and go to the "hot" thread.

Changing the region on your computer has no impact on its functionnalities, and it is necessary for most japanese games. Before I did so, they'd all crash at some point (mostly the intro video.) Be careful also that you haven't mistakenly downloaded the Chinese Windows 7 version of the game, because then it's Chinese region and I don't know if that could have a consequence on your future english installations. There is also a program I don't recommend which "replaces" the region changement. I don't know what you mean about the new script. The first translation patch was great in my opinion.

I just finished the game and it was AWESOME !

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

What I meant by the script is that there is a new translation patch that includes all the routes. I downloaded the iso from the link in my first email, this one: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f156/t...ml#post3937599. What I don't get is that I can play other games by the same company such as Lamento without changing the region and every site I've looked at for this game and every video just changes the unicode settings.

I'll trying downloading a different iso and trying that but if it still doesn't work even after changing my computer's region then I once again don't know what to do. :/ I think Windows 7 just has this problem because when I had Windows XP I remember playing this once in Japanese.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Okay, for a more detailed review of this problem for people like me that are still having trouble here it is. This isn't a solution, but this is a break down of what's happening to my computer.

I'm using a PC, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

This all came about with the SafeDisk enabled for Daemon Tools, Japanese non-unicode settings and the format is changed to Japanese. I can still see Japanese characters and signs and the / has changed to a Japanese character for file paths, so I know I did it correctly. I've followed the guide on this site to the T: http://www.deathsvertigo.com/trueblood/install.php#01

Besides Silver Chaos and this game I can play any other VN on my computer, even other Nitro games such as Lamento. So I think this is really a problem with Windows 7 and this game or the game itself.

I am also using the iso that Winggoddess has provided from the links I posted above. If anyone has a solution to this problem let me know. My next step will be changing the computer's format to Japanese, but right now I'm just trying to get it to work without it.

I've also tried running it in compatibility mode on the Windows XP (Service Pack 3), Windows XP (Service Pack 2), Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003 (Service Pack 1), Windows Server 2008 (Service Pack 1), all of the Windows Vista compatibility settings including Service Pack 1 and 2 settings and when I do not only do I get the blond guy no CD message I also get this:

Capture.PNG

I think there is a file missing, probably the script/product.ini/? file. I don't know Japanese and I'm no expert on computer programs, but if I hit retry I just get the same message again and again. If I hit ignore nothing happens but the screen goes away and the game doesn't start. If I hit abort the game just shuts down.

If I try it in Windows NT 4.0 I get the game disk missing message:

Capture2.PNG

And if I try to run it in Windows 98/Windows ME and Windows 95 compatibility mode I get this message:

Capture3.PNG

If there are any arrinfantasy forum members who do know what this says and are great at computer programs like this please help me and others who still get this same problem despite every solution that's been posted up here and on the web. I've tried other sites, I've tried Google, and nothing works.

The only other thing I can think of is that I'm using the latest version of Daemon Tools, the 4.45.0315 with SPTD Version 1.81. You can click SafeDisk on this version but it says that "This option is obsolete and should only be used by experienced users only" when you hover your mouse over it." This might mean that older versions of Daemon Tools works better with this game. But I'm not sure. If you reply to this post please tell me which version of Daemon Tools you are using.
    Last edited by Unlucky Music; 08-25-2012 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Added OS

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Suzuki-sanAkito (L1)Agito (L3)
    Clear DM (L8)Hope (L8)(S040) Ryouma
    (S041) IzumiHope (L9)Dantalion (L6)

I think I got the answer

I'm using Daemon Tools Pro Standard 5. The "insert CD popout" actually disappeared when I downloaded the older version of Daemon Tools after I uninstall the game and re-install it, including the patch also.

Hope this helps