aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Clear DM (L8)Aoba (L2)Ren DM (L8)
    Haruka Nanase (L6)Makoto Tachibana (L4)Rei Ryugazaki (L4)
    Alto (L4)Akihiko (L4)Heero (L4)

Togainu no Chi game start problem (another one?!)

I've followed almost all of the troubleshooting threads in the forum, and I'm pretty sure my game is installed the right way (Safedisc checked on daemon tools, Run as administrator, deactivated my antivirus), but I still can't play for some reason. The first problem was that after I opened the game the normal way (without any application compatibility), the blonde guy showed up:

meh.png

Followed with this:

guh.JPG

Not really knowing which version I downloaded (it was in ecm format though, and not the Chinese one, so I assume it's the original version), I decided to troubleshoot compatibility and selected Windows XP (Service Pack 2). It almost seemed to work, until this window showed up:

キャプチャ.JPG

Which is where I get stuck. I haven't seen anybody post that problem (that or they didn't show images), and I've exhausted most of the solution threads by now. I hope my frustration doesn't show that much. I just really want to play this game

To note, my system is Windows 7, and yes, I have played Omerta, Silver Chaos (1, 2, EF), and a lot of other BL games in this laptop, so I'm really at a loss at what to do by now.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Shiro (L5)Mikaela Hyakuya (L8)Vincent (L4)
    Shouei (L8)Mahiro Fuwa (L9)Ferid Bathory (L9)
    Allen Walker (L3)Japan (L4)Kazuki (L1)
    Oh I'm having the exact problem! It was running smoothly before on this very same PC with XP but now I'm using windows 7 and this issue appears. I've applied the update 101 but it didn't really do anything. Any help would be pretty much appreciated.

Edit: I've finally had the game running with the Windows XP mode. Don't know if there's any other solution without having used the Virtual XP mode. If there's anyone able to get it running on Windows 7 without the virtual machine installed, please share how to =)
    Last edited by Nancydrew; 07-23-2012 at 07:03 AM.

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

I'll attempt to run it on Virtual XP...I gave up on trying to install this orz, what with no-one else saying they have the same problem; I assumed it was just something with my 6-yr old laptop.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yeah, I was baffled when no one seemed to have the same problem until I came across your thread. Hopefully you can solve it as well. Us two likely are the only ones who face it

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I have the same problem with you guys. Weird thing is I installed the game before on the same pc with windows 7 and it ran fine, but now I re-installed it and got this problem

Quote Originally Posted by Nancydrew View Post
    Oh I'm having the exact problem! It was running smoothly before on this very same PC with XP but now I'm using windows 7 and this issue appears. I've applied the update 101 but it didn't really do anything. Any help would be pretty much appreciated.

Edit: I've finally had the game running with the Windows XP mode. Don't know if there's any other solution without having used the Virtual XP mode. If there's anyone able to get it running on Windows 7 without the virtual machine installed, please share how to =)
    How did you get it to run with Virtual XP mode? I'm quite new with this program.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by jakara View Post
    I have the same problem with you guys. Weird thing is I installed the game before on the same pc with windows 7 and it ran fine, but now I re-installed it and got this problem

How did you get it to run with Virtual XP mode? I'm quite new with this program.
    Sorry for the late reply >"<
    Oh, all I did was to follow exactly what's written on the microsoft website to install the Virtual XP mode, which is here: Link. After that is a little bit tricky. You have to install Daemon inside the Virtual XP mode and copy the iso from your hard disk into the C:\ disk of the Virtual XP since I don't think you can mount file outside of the Virtual XP mode while you're inside, at least I couldn't. After that just install and play normally

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Kotetsu (L2)Barnaby (L2)Yuri (L2)
    Ivan (L2)Antonio (L4)Nathan (L2)
    (S044) Shirotani TadaomiKarina (L2)(S046) Kogitsunemaru
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancydrew View Post
    Sorry for the late reply >"<
    Oh, all I did was to follow exactly what's written on the microsoft website to install the Virtual XP mode, which is here: Link. After that is a little bit tricky. You have to install Daemon inside the Virtual XP mode and copy the iso from your hard disk into the C:\ disk of the Virtual XP since I don't think you can mount file outside of the Virtual XP mode while you're inside, at least I couldn't. After that just install and play normally
    Thank you. It finally worked for me after installing Virtual PC and Virtual XP Mode. Only problem is that I can't get the program to display Japanese characters. It keeps telling me I need a specific front file, but it's not in the software but on a CD that is supposed to have come with Windows XP. Since I use Windows 7 I don't have the CD to install Japanese fronts on my computer. So now I can't display the Japanese text properly and the English patch doesn't properly work. Both installing Windows XP Service Pack 3 from the Microsoft website here: Download: Windows XP Service Pack 3 - ISO-9660 CD Image File - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details and Microsoft AppLocale Utility doesn't work. I can't see any text. How did you get past this problem?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I have a friend who's been using Windows XP SP3, so I borrowed the disc from him. You can try to extract the iso file you downloaded and see if there are folders with files that's being asked. In my case, I inserted the disc and pointed to the folders on the disc when the installer asked for files. I don't think you have to actually install Windows XP Service Pack 3, since you won't have to use the Virtual XP otherwise. I haven't tried Microsoft AppLocale Utility so I don't really know anything about it, sorry.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Kotetsu (L2)Barnaby (L2)Yuri (L2)
    Ivan (L2)Antonio (L4)Nathan (L2)
    (S044) Shirotani TadaomiKarina (L2)(S046) Kogitsunemaru
    I don't have an XP disc. And I couldn't get the game to work in Windows 7 under the XP SP3 compatibility mode. So I installed XP SP3 because some help sites recommended it to install East Asian Languages because they would have the files. But both XP Virtual Mode and XP SP3 didn't have the files to install East Asian Languages. So there really is no other way other than to pirate the install files since I don't have an XP disk and I'm not sure anyone I know has one either.

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Also I think there is a problem with the 64bit Windows 7 that has these errors and doesn't allow an install even with compatibility mode. It installs fine even with XP SP3 on the Virtual XP Mode and I couldn't get it to work on the compatibility mode with the same settings on Windows7. If the only solution is getting the disk, then I'm going to track down someone who has it that I know or try to find a pirated version of it since (contrary to both Microsoft forums and other supposed help forums on this) installing SP3 from the iso doesn't contain the files needed to install East Asian Languages.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Okay, I finally got language support. For people that are looking at this post for help with the no dvd problem or the script problem like alicebeckman had Virtual XP Mode works. But you will need the Windows XP CD or go to a torrent site like piratebay.se and get the East Asian Language files and install them. Thanks Nancydrew for your help.

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Not sure if anyone still has this problem; none of the solutions quoted here worked for me orz. Anyway, my laptop broke down last year (just a month after I posted my problem here) and I had to use my mom's netbook. Oddly enough, the game worked perfectly fine here. I'm guessing the problem must have been my old laptop (which was heavily customized; even I couldn't track what I did to it anymore) so for now my problem is resolved.