aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Akihiko (L4)Aoba (L2)Kanji P4 (L1)
    Kuroko (L1)Kagami KnB (L8)Shizuo (L2)
    Izaya (L3)Ritsu (L3)Yuu (L3)

Black Screen For a Dew Seconds in DRAMAtical Murder (DMMD)

Quote Originally Posted by Sootynsweep View Post
    I have a problem. I posted it to another thread but perhaps it's better here.

My problem is trying to use the crack. I pasted it into a folder but when I click on it I get an error message. I have dosnloaded the most recent DirectX codec but I still get the same error message (which is in Japanese). Is there anything else I need? Something about Direct3D?
    I also had this problem. Here's how I solved it:
    1. Restart your computer.
    2. Open your Nitro+Chiral folder and then your DRAMAtical Murder folder.
    3. Click on the crack.exe you added to your folder to run the game, DO NOT chose DMMD.exe and then the crack, it won't run and you'll get an error message. If you don't have the crack.exe to properly run the game, please download the update and crack. Copy over the update replacing old files, and then add the crack.
    4. If you still have the error message, something else has gone wrong. Is there a ".dll" somewhere in the error message?

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeGilbert View Post
    hey!
    I also have this problem, reinstalled the game already (even on another computer ...), followed the steps by renaming the DMMd shortcut and still ...
    the mysterious black window opens for a few seconds and closes itself again. patience won´t help me unfortunately ...
    This happens when your computer can't load the Japanese Text for the 2 warning boxes that pop up before the game starts.
    You must change your System Locale.

Change your System Locale to Japanese. This will not affect your computer in any major ways. You can always switch it back.
    "
    • Open Regional and Language Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Regional and Language Options.
    • Click the Administrative tab, and then, under Language for non-Unicode programs (System Locale), click Change system locale. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Select the language, and then click OK."
    If the problem still persists you might have to restart your computer to make it work.
    If you've already solved this I apologize for bumping an old post.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by katreusaki View Post
    I also had this problem. Here's how I solved it:
    1. Restart your computer.
    2. Open your Nitro+Chiral folder and then your DRAMAtical Murder folder.
    3. Click on the crack.exe you added to your folder to run the game, DO NOT chose DMMD.exe and then the crack, it won't run and you'll get an error message. If you don't have the crack.exe to properly run the game, please download the update and crack. Copy over the update replacing old files, and then add the crack.
    4. If you still have the error message, something else has gone wrong. Is there a ".dll" somewhere in the error message?

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

This happens when your computer can't load the Japanese Text for the 2 warning boxes that pop up before the game starts.
    You must change your System Locale.

Change your System Locale to Japanese. This will not affect your computer in any major ways. You can always switch it back.
    "
    • Open Regional and Language Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Regional and Language Options.
    • Click the Administrative tab, and then, under Language for non-Unicode programs (System Locale), click Change system locale. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Select the language, and then click OK."

If the problem still persists you might have to restart your computer to make it work.
    If you've already solved this I apologize for bumping an old post.
    Thank you. i've tried that, but I still get an error message and then it closes. I believe the error is "Failed to initialize Direct3D. Please make sure DirectX 9.0c has been installed on this system. The application will now terminate."

However, I'm sure I already have Directx9

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you. i've tried that, but I still get an error message and then it closes. I believe the error is "Failed to initialize Direct3D. Please make sure DirectX 9.0c has been installed on this system. The application will now terminate."

However, I'm sure I already have Directx9
    Never hurts to try and download it again I suppose.

Here's the download link I know of:
    Download DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime from Official Microsoft Download Center

If not that, try updating your video card drivers?
    To figure out what type of video card you have:

Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8

Identify Your Video Card and Driver Version

1. Press the Windows + R keys.
    2. Type in DxDiag and click OK.
    3. After the DirectX Diagnostic Tool loads click on the Display tab.
    4. Your video card Name and Manufacturer will be listed in the Device section.
    5. The version of the driver you have installed should be listed under the Driver box next to the word Version.
    6. Go to the driver manufacturer's website to obtain the most up-to-date driver. Contact the card manufacturer for assistance with updating the driver. If the computer is under warranty, contact the computer manufacturer.
      Common Video Card Driver Sites
      AMD
      Nvidia
      Intel

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

5. The version of the driver you have installed should be listed under the Driver box next to the word Version.
    6. Go to the driver manufacturer's website to obtain the most up-to-date driver. Contact the card manufacturer for assistance with updating the driver. If the computer is under warranty, contact the computer manufacturer.
      AMD
      Nvidia
      Intel
    Thank you, that works! I think I'm able to play the game now. You're a saint, thank you so much, I was going crazy trying to figure out why it wouldn't work!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you, that works! I think I'm able to play the game now. You're a saint, thank you so much, I was going crazy trying to figure out why it wouldn't work!
    Oh yay! I'm glad. Please respond again if you run in to any issues~

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Chiaki (L3)Konoe (L2)Rai Lamento (L9)
    Aoba (L2)Misaki (L1)Usami (L2)
    Asato (L9)Suzuki-san

AMD
      Nvidia
      Intel
    You are a saint! I had trouble starting the game, Lamento and all I got was a black screen. I, too, was trying to figure out, going on to forums. I was at the peek of my frustration and ready to give up. Calmed down, decided to look at this forum because it was similar to my problem, even though i didn't have the game, and I stumbled on your post. I thought I had Directx 9, but since I didn't know how to see if I actually did have it, I just assume. Seriously, you are a saint indeed. I was seriously about to cry too. I just wanted to play the game. I am so happy now. *dances and smiles like crazy then turns to katreusaki and bows* Thank you!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Sumireo View Post
    You are a saint! I had trouble starting the game, Lamento and all I got was a black screen. I, too, was trying to figure out, going on to forums. I was at the peek of my frustration and ready to give up. Calmed down, decided to look at this forum because it was similar to my problem, even though i didn't have the game, and I stumbled on your post. I thought I had Directx 9, but since I didn't know how to see if I actually did have it, I just assume. Seriously, you are a saint indeed. I was seriously about to cry too. I just wanted to play the game. I am so happy now. *dances and smiles like crazy then turns to katreusaki and bows* Thank you!
    Huzzah! Glad to know this works for Lamento too! Enjoy the game, and keep an open mind lol!

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Chiaki (L3)Konoe (L2)Rai Lamento (L9)
    Aoba (L2)Misaki (L1)Usami (L2)
    Asato (L9)Suzuki-san
    Huzzah! Glad to know this works for Lamento too! Enjoy the game, and keep an open mind lol!
    Now if only I can get DMMd to install. Keeps crashing before I can even click on the install button Scratch that. I managed to bypass it, but now I get an error like this. Why do yaoi games hate me.

Double scratch that! I got it to run and work! It was a trail and error, but I got it! I still like to know why yaoi games hate me . Err, also forget that picture. I don't know how to get rid of it. Now I'm just waiting for another some sort of problem to show up . . . I'm just waiting for it and it will go and make me sad D: *prays* please don't let me have another problem .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sumireo; 03-14-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Clear (L9)Cloud (L9)Yoruichi (L9)
    Kougami Shinya (L9)Pikachu

Lightbulb

Hey, guys? Sorry I'm posting here, but I didn't found it necessary to open a new thread.
    My case is a little different then all of the above.
    Some details that may help you figure the cause of the problem: DMMD V1.10, Patched & Cracked, English Partial Patch applied.
    The problem itself: The exact same problem this guy had in his thread: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t1...der-error.html
    I would've follow the instructions/tips to fix it there, but none was answered...
    I really need your help in order to be able to play the game, even until the middle... :/
    Thanks in advance!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Aoba (L2)
    I'm having issues running DMMd, even after updating my graphics driver and downloading something the DMMd.exe led me to on a Japanese site.. with the name of sdrt4285j.exe.
    I have all in one folder the crack.exe, the update 1.10 files, the patch files, and the video files in a folder named "dx" as it said in the patch guide, but when I run, I get a black screen, then white appears and fades, then just black. If I try to close, or press Esc, it says "Exit the Game?" but there is nothing for me to select, just the question shows. Pressing Enter or anything does nothing. I have to close using Task Manager. I'm at my wit's end ;A; Someone please help me
    My computer's system locale IS in Japanese, and it is also one of my set languages.
    なのだよ。
    Thank you very much ;w;

EDIT:: I did install the new drivers...but I just checked the DxDiag again..and it seems unchanged?? D:

EDIT2:: I found a tumblr post (directed from a post here) that gives really good instructions. I am following that now and it seems well. I guess I don't need help at this point. Hopefully.
    Last edited by mordecai; 04-05-2013 at 03:59 AM.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast