aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Help please

I have been running around the internet, trying to find help to why it is that I can not get DRAMAtical Murder to work for me. I have seen the same problems posted, while seem have been fixed for those who have seeked help, I have not come to the same conclusion.
    I get that black screen that comes up. I can't even remember everything that I did to try and fix the issue. I dragged and dropped files, re-named files, but nothing worked so far. It's very frustrating.
    Can someone help me? Please. Step by step maybe from the beginning? I know that must be a pain but I really don't know what else to do.

Thanks,
    Silver

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolfSan View Post
    I have been running around the internet, trying to find help to why it is that I can not get DRAMAtical Murder to work for me. I have seen the same problems posted, while seem have been fixed for those who have seeked help, I have not come to the same conclusion.
    I get that black screen that comes up. I can't even remember everything that I did to try and fix the issue. I dragged and dropped files, re-named files, but nothing worked so far. It's very frustrating.
    Can someone help me? Please. Step by step maybe from the beginning? I know that must be a pain but I really don't know what else to do.

Thanks,
    Silver

Hello SilverWolfSan!

OK, so before we get started, I'd like to know a few things about your computer.

Firstly, What version of Windows do you have?

Second, Are you on a Laptop or not?

Third, where did you download the game?

We're basically going to do a clean, and fresh install of DMMd, so please uninstall the game, and remove any files it may have left over. (You will need to make sure the save directory is cleaned. To go there, first Click on your "Start Button" and type: %APPDATA%\NitroplusCHiRAL and press enter. Delete any folder named "DRAMAtical Murder" here)

Once I know this information, we'll continue! ^_^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Hello SilverWolfSan!

OK, so before we get started, I'd like to know a few things about your computer.

Firstly, What version of Windows do you have?

Second, Are you on a Laptop or not?

Third, where did you download the game?

We're basically going to do a clean, and fresh install of DMMd, so please uninstall the game, and remove any files it may have left over. (You will need to make sure the save directory is cleaned. To go there, first Click on your "Start Button" and type: %APPDATA%\NitroplusCHiRAL and press enter. Delete any folder named "DRAMAtical Murder" here)

Once I know this information, we'll continue! ^_^
    1st, sadly my laptop freaked out and some files where lost. I was downloading zip file parts and...now all of a sudden I can't view parts of the forum. Like I got the patches and videos but that message with it no longer shows up so if I were to lose that now, I wouldn't get it.

Now to answer your questions.
    1. Windows 7
    2. HP Laptop
    3. And as I said, I only got the patches and videos now. I can't find the game again now that parts of the forum isn't showing up. I have gone to a few sites to try to get the game but I am at college and the college server times out on trying to get the torrent.
    Last edited by SilverWolfSan; 06-12-2014 at 05:44 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolfSan View Post

1st, sadly my laptop freaked out and some files where lost. I was downloading zip file parts and...now all of a sudden I can't view parts of the forum. Like I got the patches and videos but that message with it no longer shows up so if I were to lose that now, I wouldn't get it.

Now to answer your questions.
    1. Windows 7
    2. HP Laptop
    3. And as I said, I only got the patches and videos now. I can't find the game again now that parts of the forum isn't showing up. I have gone to a few sites to try to get the game but I am at college and the college server times out on trying to get the torrent.
    Ouch! Sounds like your Laptop needs a fresh Re-Format... If files and websites aren't working any more, there is a chance the Harddrive is also on it's way out. Start backing up your important files if you can!

Also, if you're using your College's ISP for internet, there is a chance that they've blocked some sites that have Torrents, And/Or the Torrenting system itself. Hard to say!

Anywho... Win 7, and you're using a Laptop. That's okay!

And if you can't see the topic for the game, I've copied a quote for you to try. Let me know if that works.

Quote Originally Posted by ayachan94
    LINKS UPDATED~

Dramatical Murder with Crack ver1.10 + Update ver1.10 + (2.95 GB)
    Parts 1-7: 400MB
    Part 8: 223 MB

Join with HJSplit or 7zip

4shared:
    Part 1 |Part 2 |Part 3 |Part 4 |Part 5 |Part 6 |Part 7 |Part 8
    some of the links were broken above so I decided to reupload~

I've used this one before, if you have 7Zip (Good program, get it) it will make this much easier.

Let me know how you're doing! (By the by, I've heard that DMMd has some issues running in Fullscreen mode on Laptops, but it's not a definite.)

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

My problem's a little different

Quote Originally Posted by katreusaki View Post
    Never hurts to try and download it again I suppose.

Here's the download link I know of:
    Download DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime from Official Microsoft Download Center

If not that, try updating your video card drivers?
    To figure out what type of video card you have:

Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8

Identify Your Video Card and Driver Version

1. Press the Windows + R keys.
    2. Type in DxDiag and click OK.
    3. After the DirectX Diagnostic Tool loads click on the Display tab.
    4. Your video card Name and Manufacturer will be listed in the Device section.
    5. The version of the driver you have installed should be listed under the Driver box next to the word Version.
    6. Go to the driver manufacturer's website to obtain the most up-to-date driver. Contact the card manufacturer for assistance with updating the driver. If the computer is under warranty, contact the computer manufacturer.
      Common Video Card Driver Sites
      AMD
      Nvidia
      Intel
    Recently, I've been inclined to finish the laste routes of Dramatical Murder, which was just sitting there on my laptop. But once I clicked on the short cut, it only opened a black window and closed a few seconds later. Dramatical Murder has worked fine for me in the past. But this is a new profile and I basically copied all of my old files from the previous profile, so that might be why.

The sdrt4280j thing is installed, and my locale is set to Japanese as well. I really don't want to start over again or uninstall it. Do you have any suggestions why Dmmd might not be working? Anything would help, really! --- Yiffguy69 asked this question on Fuwanovel (unanswered) and I'm having THIS issue. I checked everything just to make sure. I saw that I have Directx9 and 11.I re-installed them,but it still didn't change a thing.P.S. there's no error message.
    Last edited by Me4k0r3a; 06-18-2014 at 06:18 PM. Reason: last thought

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Me4k0r3a View Post
    Recently, I've been inclined to finish the laste routes of Dramatical Murder, which was just sitting there on my laptop. But once I clicked on the short cut, it only opened a black window and closed a few seconds later. Dramatical Murder has worked fine for me in the past. But this is a new profile and I basically copied all of my old files from the previous profile, so that might be why.

The sdrt4280j thing is installed, and my locale is set to Japanese as well. I really don't want to start over again or uninstall it. Do you have any suggestions why Dmmd might not be working? Anything would help, really! --- Yiffguy69 asked this question on Fuwanovel (unanswered) and I'm having THIS issue. I checked everything just to make sure. I saw that I have Directx9 and 11.I re-installed them,but it still didn't change a thing.P.S. there's no error message.
    Heya Me4k0r3a!

You said you "have a new profile," does this mean you have a brand new computer that you moved the files over to? And which files are you takling about? Just the game, or the save files as well? (The save files are in a different place on your computer)

Considering you mentioned Fuwanovel, it sounds like you downloaded the full game, pre-patched from there? *nodnods* Ok, good to know... When you said "The sdrt4280j thing is installed," did you mean you ran that neon glowing battery program, or did something else?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I actually downloaded the game by part but I found the problem.I was missing the cg2-patch.npa part of the english patch. Srry

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Me4k0r3a View Post
    I actually downloaded the game by part but I found the problem.I was missing the cg2-patch.npa part of the english patch. Srry

Yay! ^__^ Glad you fixed it.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Kamui (L7)NyankoNatsume (L10)
    Tanuma (L10)
    Oh, now I have a chance to see what I've done wrong too.

I've had the same problem as many other in here with their cracks-with-black-flashing-box.
    At some point I totally gave up since it couldn't had been directX, and my computer has been running japanese right from the beginning and I even downloaded two of the game from different people thinking that maybe the other one was just dying on me.
    Mine is pretty new Compaq's laptop with Win8 so could that be it? I see that some other people in this thread have gotten it working with 8 so it should do it in mine too but I'm still struggling.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Sometimes Windows 8 can be a problem. I know there was a huge issue when the first Service Pack came out (Win 8.1). Nearly all Steam games stopped working, as well as other games. But there has been a new Service Pack which fixes that and makes Win 8 more compatible with older programs.

With Win 8 there are a few things to try. One of them is the Compatibility mode. Right-click on the installed Icon, select Properties, then select the Compatibility tab. Check off "Run in compatibility mode for..." and select Windows XP SP3. This forces an "environment" for the game to play properly in, as Win 8 doesn't like Direct X 9 games if they directly call the name of the DirectX file, instead of functions.

The black screen can also be a cause of a few other things, such as the Security program wasn't run at least once to put the information needed into the Registry (That neon battery-shaped icon. Start it, then close it. Don't put a code in). Also, missing files.

If you're trying to run DMMd without the English patch first, and you're getting a black screen, it might just be the security program. If you've installed the English patch and are getting the black screen, try comparing your files to mine, by verifying the file sizes to make sure they're all there/the proper size.

Let us know how it turns out for you! If you have any other problems, please take some screenshots so we can see what's going on to try and help you further.

dmmd_install_files.png

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast