aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

bunnyraven

Need Help: WineBottler Guide to Intalling BL Games

Hi all, I'm a Mac user and would really need some help or a guide to install Windows-orientated BL games with WineBottler.

I notice that the games here have been split into different parts and each time I try to install them separately with WineBottler, nothing happens (files cannot be selected).

I've tried looking up for online tutorials and guides but none of them have worked for me. So far, I've tried installing Nessa no Rakuen and Messiah, but it doesn't work. I do know that some games might work and some don't on WineBottler, but there have been fellow users here that had success in opening BL games through this software.

I've also searched through all the threads related to Mac installations on this forum, but have not found any guide to do so.

Would someone be kind to help out a fellow Mac-fujoshi here, and this guide could serve as a future sticky for other Mac-users!

Many thanks!

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Do these multiple files have extensions like .001, by any chance? If so, you need to reassemble them using an HJSplit-compatible program like the ones listed at MAC File splitters . (If the extensions are of the form .r01 or .part001.rar, you'll need an unrar program instead.)

If the files aren't HJSplit'ed or rar'ed, you'll need to tell me a little more about them before I can offer any useful advice.

(Caveat: Linux user, not Mac. I have to deal with some of the same challenges, and am regrettably familiar with the uglier side of WINE, but the tools I use would scare you, which makes the help I can offer a bit limited. Hopefully someone else will step up if I run out of ideas.)