aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    flaming tbag!

Savings

Masamune (L10)Heart 3 (Pink)Yukimura SB (L10)
    Masamune (chibi) (L2)Yukimura Sanada (chibi) (L2)Kojuurou (chibi) (L2)
    Shiroyasha (L9)Fayt (L1)Steve Rogers (L9)

How to Mount Image Files

I see a lot of questions in this forum about how to install games using an image file (such as .iso, .ccd, .img, etc). Many people seem to believe that they must burn these files to a cd or dvd in order to use them - but this is absolutely not true.

Mounting an image file is basically like tricking your computer into believing that you have loaded a real cd or dvd-rom into a real drive, when really, you haven't done any such thing.

This process will require the use of Daemon Tools - which can be found here. Daemon Tools can work with these file formats: mdx, *.mds/*.mdf, *.iso, *.b5t, *.b6t, *.bwt, *.ccd, *.cdi, *.cue, *.nrg, *.pdi, *.isz.

After downloading and installing Daemon Tools, please take the following steps..

1) After install, Daemon tools should be running in your system tray (the far right side of your Windows Task Bar). If not, go find it in your Programs in the Start Menu.

2) In the system tray, right click on Daemon tools icon. Go to "Virtual CD/DVDROM", then "Set Number of Devices", then choose "1".

3) Right click on Daemon tools in the system tray again, and go again to "Virtual CD/DVDROM", then "Device 0: [#] EMPTY", then "Mount Image". You'll be able to browse to the image file you are wanting to mount.

4) That's all there is to it. You've now basically tricked your computer into believing that there is a real cd rom in a real drive. It should auto-load, but if not, you can find the fake cd/dvd in "My Computer" under the drive list.

Note: If you are installing a game that has multiple disks, please treat this just as you would if you were using real cd-roms. When the install asks for the second disk, repeat step 3, using the second or third image file instead of the first.
    Last edited by gokunaruto; 03-24-2011 at 02:34 PM. Reason: link corrected

2. + Show/Hide thank you list

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Nezumi (L8)(S027) Usami AkihikoSuzuki-san
    (S002) MisakiSesshoumaru (L10)Mookyul (L10)
    Giotto (L9)Hibari (L9)Gokudera (L10)
    Question, which Daemon Tools did you download? I downloaded the Light version, so I don't see "Virtual CD/DVDROM" option :O

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Masato (L7)Masamune (L10)Souichiro (L2)
    Gray (L9)Luka Crosszeria (L9)Yamamoto (L7)
    Haruka (L8)Sebastian (L6)Haji (L5)
    I too have the Light version 4.12.0, but I have this option. Are you sure you're clicking with the right mouse button on Daemon tools icon in the system tray?

Yaoi Supporter
    In a box, inside another box, next to a surprisingly nice fellow named Simon who plays the flute....
    Savings

Tatsumi Souichi (L6)Aki (L7)Link (L8)
    Pray for JapanTokito (L3)Ginko (L6)
    Might (L1)Sono (L3)(S001) Endo
    Sorry, but everytime I click on the link for daemon tools, it directs me back here,

Can anyone give me a link to download it? Thank-you!!

Yaoi Legend
    Savings

Soah (L8)Ai Enma (L8)Ginshu (L10)
    Yata Misaki (L11)Kougami Shinya (L8)Makishima (L8)
    Kasuga SB (L1)Lightning (L8)Axel (L10)

Right, the link doesn't work for me too. I believe this is the software, on DAEMON's official site:
    DAEMON Tools Lite :: Products :: DAEMON-Tools.cc

However, the version I'm using is Lite 4.30.4 version, not 4.40.2, but they should have similar interface. Give it a try.
    Last edited by xMyuuchanx; 03-23-2011 at 09:56 PM.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

@ka3nn well, i right clicked, but then it shows virtual devices, and then Device 0: [E:] No Media, and I don't know what to do from then on ><
    @wilderulz, the website is here: Downloads :: DAEMON-Tools.cc It has all types of Daemon tools.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

You're on the right path! when you bring the cursor over "Device 0: [E:]", another little menu should appear, from that menu choose "mount image".
    Sorry for my awkward explanation

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Well, I downloaded the Kichiku Megane, which comes in 2 disks. Inside the 2 folders are an SUB file, a CCD file, and an IMG file, so I followed what you said and mounted the first CCD. Then, how do I do the second one? Thank you so much for replying so quickly, I just can't wait to play ^^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

You're welcome It's really easy You need to right-click on the icon in the tray again -->"Device 0:[E:]"-->"Unmount image". Then you just mount the second CD instead of the first or you can have two CDs mounted if you go to "virtual devices" and choose "set number of devices".

Kichiku Megane is a fantastic game, hope you'll like it as much

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

^^ So, Right click-->Virtual devices-->Device 0: [E:]-->Mount-->Open Disk 1-->Device 0: [E:] Megane Disk 1
    Then, I had to Unmount that Device 0: [E:] Megane Disk 1.

Afterwards, I went to Virtual Devices again, and mounted the second disk, but nothing happened. What is suppose to happen?

I tried going to "virtual devices" and choose "set number of devices," but I don't see that option.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast