aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    I actually had the exact same problem. It's basically something to do with the Installation EXE. It's called "Install Shield", and for one reason or another, a silly combination of problematic drivers or other installs causes it to never open at all.

To fix this, I ran a program called "Sandboxie". It prevents programs from causing conflicts with other programs when they're run, and helps minimize damage due to malware or spyware in installs (Sometimes bad EXE's come with crud like this, and Sandboxie helps stop those)

Anyway... Here!
    Sandboxie - Download Sandboxie

Download, and install. Then Mount the ISO. Instead of using the autorun, explore/open the CD and go into the folder marked "product". In there is the proper installation EXE. Right-click on it and select "Run in Sandboxie". It'll work now. ^_^

BTW, if after the installation you run the game and only see a black box with a dude with yellow hair then an error message, it's because the game expects the CD to be in the Drive when you play the game. If you have mounted the ISO and it is STILL popping up with an error, it might be Daemon Tools. I've encountered quite a few people having problems with NitroPLUS games not liking Daemon Tools. I use Virtual Clone drive to fix that problem.

Have fun!
    I downloaded and tried to open it with Sandboxie, but it failed. Then I realized that my Avast is blocking Sanboxie, and after I disabled it, it worked. It's installed successfully, patched, updated, etc... and I tried playing just a little bit, and everything seems to be working fine.

Thank you so much. You're the best

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    That's great! ^_^ Have fun!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

So, I installed Togainu no Chi. I follow all the instruction from Togainu no Chi - Kill the King. but I still can't run the game. I already change the regional settings to japan. but when I try to run the game i'm getting an "insert cd error". Even when the SafeDisc is checked it still won't work. Do I need to install virtual XP and virtual PC?? Can someone help me?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

DS_001_leftShinohara Keiji (L9)DS_001_right
    DS_001_leftAsano Katsuya (L9)DS_001_right
    Yogi (L1)Love (01)Wing 1 (Right)
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonlord View Post
    So, I installed Togainu no Chi. I follow all the instruction from Togainu no Chi - Kill the King. but I still can't run the game. I already change the regional settings to japan. but when I try to run the game i'm getting an "insert cd error". Even when the SafeDisc is checked it still won't work. Do I need to install virtual XP and virtual PC?? Can someone help me?
    Just wondering.. what kind of insert cd error? Kinda like these?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by zaizen14 View Post
    Just wondering.. what kind of insert cd error? Kinda like these?

Yes, at first only this appeared

but when I try to re-install the game, I get that message

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

That error means that the original game disk needs to be "in the drive" when you play.

You need to mount the Togainu no Chi ISO every single time you want to play the game.

If you re-mounted the ISO and are STILL seeing a similar error, try using Virtual Clone Drive INSTEAD of Daemon Tools. This seems to fix most peoples' issues.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hi! I've tried just about every thing to install togainu no chi and my system locale is already set to japanese. My OS is windows 7, and whenever I try to mount the game on Daemon Tools Lite 4, the install picture with the bloody akira comes up but when I click 'game install' the window disappears and nothing happens, I've downloaded the game from fuwanovel and the daemon tools tray doesn't let me check safedisc. A little help please!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by taichu View Post
    Hi! I've tried just about every thing to install togainu no chi and my system locale is already set to japanese. My OS is windows 7, and whenever I try to mount the game on Daemon Tools Lite 4, the install picture with the bloody akira comes up but when I click 'game install' the window disappears and nothing happens, I've downloaded the game from fuwanovel and the daemon tools tray doesn't let me check safedisc. A little help please!

Hello taichu!

This is actually a super common problem with "Microsoft InstallShield". InstallShield is a program that runs whenever you run an installing program. It's basically like Windows' "UnZipper" for programs to be installed, and it is VERY fickle and can conflict with many things.

There is a solution to bypass this problem by downloading a program called "Sandboxie". (Sandboxie - Download Sandboxie)
    Sandboxie basically can run programs and games in a special closed environment that prevents other programs or drivers from conflicting, and can even prevent Adware and Virus' from installing.

Once Sandboxie is installed, mount the Togainu no Chi ISO and instead of using the Autorun, Explore the CD, and look for a folder called /product/. The actual game installer is in there. Right-click on the setup EXE and select "Run in Sandboxie". And presto! The game will now install properly.

Don't forget to mount TnC each time you want to play it.
    Last edited by Kojichan; 12-10-2013 at 08:22 AM. Reason: To "BOLDLY" go...

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

(S085) Joshua GallandPOTM - 1 Star(S084) Coyote
    Star 1 (Yellow)(S089) Ogasawara Jirou(S088) Hirano Taiga
    Kazuki (L7)Rei (L7)Star 1 (Silver)

It's really sad that you can't quick save the game And you also don't have a "repeat" button when you go to the log :'( But since TnC is the first game from Nitro+CHIRAL, I guess it's understandable.. :/

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Hello taichu!

This is actually a super common problem with "Microsoft InstallShield". InstallShield is a program that runs whenever you run an installing program. It's basically like Windows' "UnZipper" for programs to be installed, and it is VERY fickle and can conflict with many things.

There is a solution to bypass this problem by downloading a program called "Sandboxie". (Sandboxie - Download Sandboxie)
    Sandboxie basically can run programs and games in a special closed environment that prevents other programs or drivers from conflicting, and can even prevent Adware and Virus' from installing.

Once Sandboxie is installed, mount the Togainu no Chi ISO and instead of using the Autorun, Explore the CD, and look for a folder called /product/. The actual game installer is in there. Right-click on the setup EXE and select "Run in Sandboxie". And presto! The game will now install properly.

Don't forget to mount TnC each time you want to play it.
    Ahhhh It installed! Thank you so much as for the english patch, do you know how I would go about installing that?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast