Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Kotetsu (L2)Barnaby (L2)Yuri (L2)
    Ivan (L2)Antonio (L4)Nathan (L2)
    (S044) Shirotani TadaomiKarina (L2)(S046) Kogitsunemaru
    Quote Originally Posted by fenfenism View Post
    Hello, I think I have same problem too
    I downloaded the files from Togainu thread (with english patch in it also the update)

I did read the guide install from Togainu no Chi - Kill the King
    When installed it, went smoothly but when I clicked the icon to play, the blond guy appeared :/ then dissapeared.

After that, this appeared:
    http://i50.tinypic.com/xposi9.jpg

Anyone knows how to fix it?

If it's about region, I did change all to Japan
    Also the safedisc problem, I did check the box

So I don't have any idea how to make the game work :/

Please help, thank you
    I've been having the same problem as you for months. What operating system do you use? I use Windows 7 Professional 64bit and the only way I found it to work is to use Virtual PC and Virtual XP Mode. Go to Microsoft's website and search for it. But a warning: It does not come with East Asian Fonts. You will need the XP CD or pirate the fonts somewhere. And that's where I'm stuck now, since I can install the game and play it, but even with the patch without Japanese language support installed in the Virtual XP Mode there is no way to see Japanese characters. This same problem happens even if you upgrade the Virtual XP Mode to Windows XP Service Pack 3.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Unlucky Music View Post
    I've been having the same problem as you for months. What operating system do you use? I use Windows 7 Professional 64bit and the only way I found it to work is to use Virtual PC and Virtual XP Mode. Go to Microsoft's website and search for it. But a warning: It does not come with East Asian Fonts. You will need the XP CD or pirate the fonts somewhere. And that's where I'm stuck now, since I can install the game and play it, but even with the patch without Japanese language support installed in the Virtual XP Mode there is no way to see Japanese characters. This same problem happens even if you upgrade the Virtual XP Mode to Windows XP Service Pack 3.
    Oh, mine Windows Vista

That's awkward, my friend who used Windows 7, she can play it without virtual PC/virtual XP
    It makes me confused, why can't work on my laptop :/

I thought the download corrupt but I had downloaded 3 different files, all error at the same place :/

By the way, I just tried to install it in my office PC and it's Windows 7 32bit, it works perfectly fine (;;=w=) I can play it (but cannot play it further more lol coz I'm in the office)
    So I think you should check your monitor res to 32bit (possible on it maybe), also for region setting you should check again the format, location, current language for non unicode programs in administrative option.

Hope it can help you >.<)a
    Last edited by fenfenism; 08-26-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Oh, mine Windows Vista

That's awkward, my friend who used Windows 7, she can play it without virtual PC/virtual XP
    It makes me confused, why can't work on my laptop :/

I thought the download corrupt but I had downloaded 3 different files, all error at the same place :/

By the way, I just tried to install it in my office PC and it's Windows 7 32bit, it works perfectly fine (;;=w=) I can play it (but cannot play it further more lol coz I'm in the office)
    So I think you should check your monitor res to 32bit (possible on it maybe), also for region setting you should check again the format, location, current language for non unicode programs in administrative option.

Hope it can help you >.<)a
    I Have 64bit Windows 7 and I'm not sure I know how to change it to 32bit or if that's even possible. There is probably a problem with the 64bit version and that's why it works for some Win7 users an not others. But I tried all the format, language, and unicode suggestions and it still didn't work for me. Same with compatibility mode.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I Have 64bit Windows 7 and I'm not sure I know how to change it to 32bit or if that's even possible. There is probably a problem with the 64bit version and that's why it works for some Win7 users an not others. But I tried all the format, language, and unicode suggestions and it still didn't work for me. Same with compatibility mode.
    I see :/
    If you want to see the res, click right on your desktop. Click screen resolution
    then click advanced settings, click monitor tab then see the colors option in my office it's 32bit true color ()

Hope you can play it soon ;__;

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I see :/
    If you want to see the res, click right on your desktop. Click screen resolution
    then click advanced settings, click monitor tab then see the colors option in my office it's 32bit true color ()

Hope you can play it soon ;__;
    Got it and Silver Chaos to finally play. My solution was a bit complex though. I had to download Virtual PC, Virual XP Mode, and use a torrent for the East Asian Language files and Windows XP SP3 to play the game. But it finally worked. I'm going to leave my display settings alone because I'm tried of trying to make it work for Windows 7 and I have other games installed and I don't want to mess up the settings and risk not being able to play them or having them display improperly. But thanks for your advice.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Got it and Silver Chaos to finally play. My solution was a bit complex though. I had to download Virtual PC, Virual XP Mode, and use a torrent for the East Asian Language files and Windows XP SP3 to play the game. But it finally worked. I'm going to leave my display settings alone because I'm tried of trying to make it work for Windows 7 and I have other games installed and I don't want to mess up the settings and risk not being able to play them or having them display improperly. But thanks for your advice.
    It's okay ^0^)b so the solution just virtual pc, virtual XP
    I also dead end with my windows vista, so I'll play this game on my computer not my laptop ;__;

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Installation Never Happens

So...my problem starts when I click "Game Install." This small corner window of InstallShield (R) Wizard will show up and 3/4 of the way through it'll tell me that the setup cannot complete and something about my C:Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\{F004... then another sentence in Japanese and then "Access is Denied" and I only have the option of clicking "Ok" on that report window (or X-out). Then everything closes out. The first time the Install Wizard popped up, I accidentally clicked the button on the far right instead the one with the (N) on it. According to the Kill the King instructions that was the Cancel button. That Install Wizard window with the (N) option has never shown up again. As for DirectX, I have it, and the components install, but there's no new shortcut where I load the file.
    How do I get the first window to show up again? If I can...
    Installproblems.png
    I have:
    Windows 7 x64bit (set to Japanese in all the Regional settings)
    Daemon Tools Lite
    7zip and HJSplit (though I've been using the piratebay link with BitLord)
    AppLocale
    To be sure, the only files from the game .rar were .CCD, .CUE, Disc Image File, and .sub.
    It seems those are all the specs that have been necessary details...

Also, I am able to play the DRAMAtical Murder game without any issues...so I'm reassured that it has to work somehow.
    Thank you very very much for the time taken to help if you can!

Edit: Problem solved by re-installing after cleaning programs through my control panel~
    Last edited by SneakyRory; 10-01-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Rai (L7)Giulio Di Bondone (L1)Gian (L4)
    Akira TnC (L9)Gunji (L6)Aoba (L2)
    Shizuo (L8)Konoe (L2)Kiriwar TnC (L6)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitaloka View Post
    i downloaded the game from this link:
    http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4636375/Togainu_No_Chi_[JAP]_[PC]

It has CCD, CUE, IMG, SUB. It worked perfectly, but in the middle of the game (right after Kurosuke appeared) it suddenly freeze, and no matter what i do it just seems wouldn't budge (i can't get in the menu where Save, Load etc appeared)

what i would like to know is, it is common that pc game just freeze in the middle?
    i admit that i don't have many experience since it's my first time playing pc game,,
    i might try another file though if it doesn't work out,,
    This is what happens if your PC isn't set to Japanese region (applocale does not work). You need to uninstall the game FIRST, then change your computer to Japanese and reinstall.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I looked all over the place, and this is the only place that I stumbled upon, that I saw someone who has the exact same problem as me. Which is basically this...

Quote Originally Posted by windxangel View Post
    hi, thnks for responding, i'm running windows vista 32 bit, if it's any help. i've tried using daemon tools several times, and it does mount and a window opens where i can press "install". unfortunately, the same problem is still occurring where the install window disappears as soon as i press "game install" and nothing happens ):
    I tried everything I could think of. Searched for solution for hours, but couldn't find one. Basically, I can mount the game, but once I press instal, nothing happens. I have Win7 32bit and I used Daemon Tools Lite to mount the game. I get this screen: http://i.imgur.com/NTheQwO.jpg?1 , but as soon as I press "Game Install", nothing happens. Nothing opens at all... not even warning or error. I really have no idea what could be the problem.

Oh, and my PC is set to Japanese, so that's not the problem.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukaima View Post
    Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I looked all over the place, and this is the only place that I stumbled upon, that I saw someone who has the exact same problem as me. Which is basically this...

I tried everything I could think of. Searched for solution for hours, but couldn't find one. Basically, I can mount the game, but once I press instal, nothing happens. I have Win7 32bit and I used Daemon Tools Lite to mount the game. I get this screen: http://i.imgur.com/NTheQwO.jpg?1 , but as soon as I press "Game Install", nothing happens. Nothing opens at all... not even warning or error. I really have no idea what could be the problem.

Oh, and my PC is set to Japanese, so that's not the problem.
    I actually had the exact same problem. It's basically something to do with the Installation EXE. It's called "Install Shield", and for one reason or another, a silly combination of problematic drivers or other installs causes it to never open at all.

To fix this, I ran a program called "Sandboxie". It prevents programs from causing conflicts with other programs when they're run, and helps minimize damage due to malware or spyware in installs (Sometimes bad EXE's come with crud like this, and Sandboxie helps stop those)

Anyway... Here!
    Sandboxie - Download Sandboxie

Download, and install. Then Mount the ISO. Instead of using the autorun, explore/open the CD and go into the folder marked "product". In there is the proper installation EXE. Right-click on it and select "Run in Sandboxie". It'll work now. ^_^

BTW, if after the installation you run the game and only see a black box with a dude with yellow hair then an error message, it's because the game expects the CD to be in the Drive when you play the game. If you have mounted the ISO and it is STILL popping up with an error, it might be Daemon Tools. I've encountered quite a few people having problems with NitroPLUS games not liking Daemon Tools. I use Virtual Clone drive to fix that problem.

Have fun!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast