aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hey! So I am having a similar issue. I correctly installed the game. Mounted The ISO DVD. I even tried mounting the BOOT ISO in the first drive and the ISO DVD in the second. I ran the patch 103. Then I I also tried the 200 patch (Vista patch). I copied and pasted into Program file. blah blah. I have done this all before, but Since I have Windows 8.1, It will not work. I tried running a different compatibility mode too. nothing. The game opens for half a second then closes. Will not start up. I used to have it on this laptop then deleted it. Before it worked fine. How do I get it to work again?

Thanks

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hey alexii0!

Have you tried running the game BEFORE using any patches? Does the same blankness occur?

Also, what folder did you install the game into?

And lastly, is your system locale still set to Japanese?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Unhappy Help

Hey, I just instaled Lamento and did everything but It's not working, it doesn't display any error message but when It starts it's just a black frozen window. I checked and I think I have Windows 8.1, is there some way I can fix it?
    Thank you!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by KuruAura View Post
    Hey, I just instaled Lamento and did everything but It's not working, it doesn't display any error message but when It starts it's just a black frozen window. I checked and I think I have Windows 8.1, is there some way I can fix it?
    Thank you!
    Heya KuruAura! ^^

Would you be able to take a screenshot of the folder you installed Lamento into? Also, can you please mention the steps you took to install it, where it was installed to, and if you ran any of the LmtDVDVerXXX patches.

Lastly, is your system locale set to Japanese?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Accelerator (L2)Gunji (L6)Alois (L6)
    Takuto (L5)Riki (L3)Natsuno (L3)
    Nanami (L3)Wolfram (L1)Rin TnC (L1)
    Sorry to jump in here, but in other words (after reading all the comments here) it's a no go with this game on Windows 10 64bit? *cries in a corner*

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hi, also having trouble with this game. I got it to run a total of once and then when i added the translation patches according to the thread instructions, it would not load. Now I'm reinstalling everything and it's giving me the 1503 error. I mounted the DVD and Boot iso, I have the patches, my locale is correct, I ran the 101 and 102 updates, and it won't work. I have Windows 7 64 bit.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by tan_chan View Post
    Sorry to jump in here, but in other words (after reading all the comments here) it's a no go with this game on Windows 10 64bit? *cries in a corner*
    It's not entirely a 'No-go'. There are some people who have gotten it working, but you have to be kinda lucky. One thing to make sure is to find the NoDVD EXE patch for the game. It requires the game's base version number to be V 1.03, though. But nearly all tutorial's show how to apply it, so it should be straightforward.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewigensommer View Post
    Hi, also having trouble with this game. I got it to run a total of once and then when i added the translation patches according to the thread instructions, it would not load. Now I'm reinstalling everything and it's giving me the 1503 error. I mounted the DVD and Boot iso, I have the patches, my locale is correct, I ran the 101 and 102 updates, and it won't work. I have Windows 7 64 bit.
    The Error 1503 is simply a "Game disk not inserted" error.

Also, you'll need to run the LmtDVDVer103 patch. The English translation runs off of this, and there's a NoDVD EXE that runs off that version, as well. The NoDVD EXE might be what you need. They can both be found here:

Index of /patches

Look for the Lamento section, make sure you find the "(DVDROM)" version of the Ver 1.03 patch in this page I linked, and use that.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I uploaded both of the patches and now it's appearing as a black screen for about a quarter of a second, then disappears and does nothing further. I'm starting to think I'm just going to wait until I can afford a new laptop in a few months and attempt to play it then. This is becoming too frustrating. Thank you for the help!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Ewigensommer View Post
    I uploaded both of the patches and now it's appearing as a black screen for about a quarter of a second, then disappears and does nothing further. I'm starting to think I'm just going to wait until I can afford a new laptop in a few months and attempt to play it then. This is becoming too frustrating. Thank you for the help!

Err, I'm sorry you're frustrated... ^^;; But if you ever want to try again, just give a shout. I usually have a list of steps to try to get things to work, and it usually starts by asking what Windows version you're running, and if you can post screenshots of your Lamento folder and stuff.

Anywho... Have a good day!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Heya KuruAura! ^^

Would you be able to take a screenshot of the folder you installed Lamento into? Also, can you please mention the steps you took to install it, where it was installed to, and if you ran any of the LmtDVDVerXXX patches.

Lastly, is your system locale set to Japanese?
    lamentofolder.jpg
    ok, this is my Lamento folder, is this what you meant?
    emm let's see, I mounted the ISO file with Daemon Tools, instaled it, put the serial code that came in a note pad, launched the LmtDVDVer103.exe file and copied the Lamento-BEYOND THE VOID-.exe file into the folder where I instaled the game and also the two patch files (and changed its name, from cg-fullpatch.npa to cg-patch.npa) and I think that's it

I think my system locale is set to japanese, with windows 8 it looks too simple to be real but I think I did it xD

thank you for your help TT^TT

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast