aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Hange SnK (L7)Colossal Titan (L9)Jean SnK (L8)
    Eren SnK (L2)X Standard (Black)Levi SnK (L8)
    #2Spacer 1Bakugou (L3)

Unhappy Language support in Windows 7 failing?

So far I've tried to install two BL games, they download properly, and I know I'm mounting right, but I get language issues... When installing and playing it's all gibberish and ?'s! My computer has Japanese support, I can type in kana and stuff, read it on the web, but not in applications?

Any suggestions why?
    Last edited by milkscookie; 04-25-2010 at 02:16 AM. Reason: update of issue

beilei0807
    \(^o^)/~yes~~

xYama
    ^lol? An advertiser?

Anyway,
    Perhaps you need a software that can translate Japanese text in games.
    Search one up, and try it.

I once played a chinese game, and I was using windows 7, the computer itself wouldn't translate the game even though it came with Chinese language until I used another software that can translate into the specific language.

Hope this helped.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yonekuni (L3)
    I had the same problem but I just changed the script of my computer to Japanese and it worked. I hope that helps

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

did you enable language bar with japanese while playing?
    if you use translation tool like atlas, you should enable japanese as writing language in the bar so it can copy jap text properly from clipboard

Tsuzuki Inu
    Have you changed the default non-unicode language to Japanese in the Region and Language settings on the Administrative tab?

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

25th of April, today a month ago was the last time OP posted in this thread. I highly doubt he/she is coming back.

Tsuzuki Inu
    Perhaps if you are concerned with people posting on threads that were started some time ago, continuing to add to them is not the way to go about addressing this; it seems to me that will only make it appear to have new activity regarding the subject.
    As the last post in this thread was made barely over a week ago I thought the conversation fairly recent.

Frankly the attitude here baffles me. Is trying to be useful worthy of being scolded for, simply because the original poster might not come back? Someone else may find older information useful. Perhaps I'm speaking out of turn, but I feel like responses such as yours will only serve to discourage people from trying to share their knowledge and help each other, and I find that upsetting. If not, I wouldn't have taken the time to reply, as apparently this thread is apparently much to old and useless to pay attention to.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

DS_002_(1)topleftMeier Link (L9)DS_002_(5)bottommid
    Pain (L13)DS_002_(6)bottomright(Event) Forum - Levi
    RyukDS_002_(4)bottomleftCatbus

Agreed. The information can be useful to others.

Threads much more older are still active at Aarin. I never see a MOD complain about people posting in old threads.
    I don't know why some people do "minimodding" if they are not real moderators. Is so uncalled for!

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

The problem might already be solved for the poster, any added hints on what you can do would most likely not even be tried by the poster and filling up old threads is not what I consider useful if no one is going to try what you post. If someone came by and posted that they had this problem as well and that non of the above is helping then it would be good, but loosely posting what could be a solution if the poster doesn't return to try it out is what I would consider unnecessary. It makes it confusing if a topic is in fact still problem active or in this case the problem being inactive. What it is trying to prevent is that people start looking at unresponsive threads from 3-4 pages ago that have not been looked at for months and try to solve it while in most cases the thread is no longer active. It makes it confusing if old topics get mixed up with newly added problems.
    I will add that I was being a little harsh seen the last posts activity and post times, but in some cases people respond with nothing new in topic made 2 months ago and continue doing so with more than 1 thread the first page has topics listed up sometimes 3-5 with threads unsolved and inactive and then it is confusing if you try find people who just posted in the last couple days that need some help but that have been bumped to the 2nd and sometimes 3rd page where no one hardly looks cause of inactive threads being bumped.
    Last edited by KarumA; 05-29-2010 at 02:33 AM.