aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Finding where I installed Absolute obedience

I installed the game a long while ago by burning the files to cds then installing like a regular game. The problem is, I need to know if the saved game files are saved somewhere on the computer. I need to clean out my computer (so all traces of the game) but I don't know whether they save on the computer or somehow save outside of my computer. I did a quick search on my computer and didn't result in anything (this could be because I don't remember what I named the file), looked for it through files like crazy and could not find it.

Like I said, it has been a while so I can't even remember if I had rebooted my computer since then. So I popped the disc in and to my surprise there's actually saved files and I can play where I left off without reinstalling the game (so I guess I never rebooted my computer). So the question still remains, where in the world are my files?! And obviously you wouldn't know either.

Long story short, are saved games/files (CG's) updated somewhere in a file on the computer? And any ideas where it may be saved to (incase it automatically saves to a particular location).
    Last edited by avenged; 04-14-2010 at 01:39 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

DS_002_(1)topleftMeier Link (L9)DS_002_(5)bottommid
    Pain (L13)DS_002_(6)bottomright(Event) Forum - Levi
    RyukDS_002_(4)bottomleftCatbus

Usually games saves the files at C:\program files\name of the game folder.
    Or in C:\Documents and Settings\your username
    Take a look in these places and search for a folder with the name of the company that made the game.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I've already looked at both and have not been able to find the folder So for sure the files along with the CG's would be lurking somewhere in my computer?

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

If the game is running and you can open the savegame the file must be somewhere. I don't know if the game runs stand alone from CD or if the savegame is in the CD also, but usually games saves in the program files directory.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Wow, okay! I can rest easy. I took the disc to another computer and sure enough it prompted me to install. Sooo I went along just to see where they suggested it to be installed, and like you said it was in program files (I checked there too). But! I couldn't find it because the name of the file was nothing relevant to the game lol, so I found it now. Thanks!

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

You're welcome, I'm happy you found