aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Khalin

Error while trying to start Togainu No Chi

Anybody know what this means? It happens when I try to run the game. I'm on Windows XP and I have Japanese language as my OS language etc. The game installed just fine but for this reason, it won't run.

So yeah - help!

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Kadaj (L8)Asari (L1)(S012) Hollow Ichigo
    (S015) EwonShiba (L6)
    what did you use to burn the image file? it works fine for me as im using alcohol 120%.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

DS_003_(1)topleftDS_003_(2)topmiddleDS_003_(3)topright
    DS_003_(4)bottomleftDS_003_(5)bottommiddleDS_003_(6)bottomright
    Izaya (L3)Shizuo (L8)Akira TnC (L9)
    It looks like you aren't breaking the safeDisc protection. (Not 100% sure since I can't read Japanese but I had an error that had "GameDisc" in it too for that reason.)
    Like Jurideluhi said, Alcohol 120% works, but I recommend Daemon Tools Lite instead. Alcohol 120% had a limited trial, and has issues with uninstalling. Daemon Tools Lite is free and easier to uninstall (I think. Daemon Tools Pro was, but I haven't tried for Lite yet.)

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

(S015) EwonShiba (L6)
    I'll upload alcohol 120% with patch if anyone wants...there are no probs when i installed it..

i downloaded tnc game from here too fyi..

Khalin
    I used Nero. Should I try burning this image with Alcohol 120% then?

Edit: Another thing I'm confused about is which file to use. I'm given a .ccd file, a .cue file, a .img file which I had to take out of .ECM format [which I already extracted but still] and a .sub file, though I don't think that .sub is a disc image format.

Edit 2: Well I just tried burning it using the .ccd file this time, instead of the .cue file, and I used Alcohol 120%. I'm still having the exact same issue though.
    Last edited by Khalin; 04-07-2010 at 02:24 AM.

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

(S015) EwonShiba (L6)
    Oh I get it. After you install it,you must put the disc in order to play the game.

Can't play if you didn't put the image disc you had just burned it. also,the cd must be CD-R not CDR-W/DVD disc.

I did image with CCD file by using alcohol120.after I installed it,the game automatically ask if you wish to create shortcut on desktop.then,i clicked the shortcut with the disc still together,it goes smoothly. Hope that corrects.

If you really need a step by step,I could help with screenshots.

again,if you meant by which TnC game Im talking about,this one.

Last edited by jurideluhi; 04-07-2010 at 02:58 AM.

Khalin
    That isn't the problem either. The disc image was indeed burned onto a CD-R, and it's still in my computer. If I eject it and insert it back in, I'll get this screen:

So this part seems to be working just fine. If I click "Game Start" however, I still get the game disc error.

For the record, I downloaded Togainu No Chi from here as well. I used the files uploaded by Scyllua in this post:

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f156/t...tml#post917936

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

(S015) EwonShiba (L6)

Question

I see.. Please redownload this one if you can.I downloaded the game from this link.It works perfectly 100% fine.The link is from another user from this forum too but I forgot where the post came from.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Im trying to reinstall back this game and take screencaps.Chotto matte.

Ok.Here goes the screencaps.

Last edited by jurideluhi; 04-07-2010 at 04:23 AM.

Khalin
    I'll try that file tomorrow and see how it goes.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

Might not be all too relevant but just to explain something to you
    with those file types you've listed and you are confused about it is the .cue file which is one of the most important. A .cue file is basically the how-to-do list for burning the files so that they are properly extracted whilst being burned.
    For example if I have a CD with songs all in .flac then the .cue file lets the burning program know how to burn it so that they are changed into .mp3

Lastly, Nero is not a good program to burn .cue files with, it has a bug so that it doesn't work properly.
    I have burned with Alcohol 120% before, it isn't a bad program but since I used it so little I deleted it. Right now for image burning I am using Imgburn which is small and compact

Lastly, I am not sure if it is allowed to upload illegal software on this forum, if you want to share it please do it by PM only and not post it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast