aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Lan Zhan / Lan WangJi (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)YiLing P. (L9)
    (S029) Charles J. Chrishunds (Charley)(S027) Usami Akihiko(S028) Fushimi Saruhiko
    Loki (L10)Skull 1Tony Stark (L9)

How to create a hardsub version from softsub files

I have the raw and srt files but I need to combine these into hardsubs so that I can watch them on my TV.

Can someone suggest a programme (free to download) that can do this.

Thanks!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

VSO looks like something a lot of people are using... what format is your raw file in? ConvertXtoDVD supports srt files to put with your avi's, mkv's, etc. if you're just streaming from your computer to your TV you should just be able to play it on VLC, but if you're burning to a DVD, yeah, you might need something like this.

VSO page, with bittorrent link at the top: h33t - VSO Software Collection 5-in-1[h33t][mazuki] - torrent

Yaoi Veteran
    Savings

Rei (L3)Shinji (L4)Kaworu (L4)
    Aki (L7)Akihito (L4)Sono (L3)
    Reinhard (L10)Saralegui (L3)Shinobu (L6)
    It's pretty simple actually. First of all, run the movie and the subtitle through a subtitle editing software to correct the time discrepancies. Although is the same sub and movie not always the timing is correct. Then assemble the whole through a video editing software like Avidemux. Have fun

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

Not sure what DVD player you are using but some can read .srt files
    but only if they carry the same name:

example:
    movie name: Batmanblablabla.avi
    then the srt should be: batmanblablabla.srt

Then you only have to chose them with your subtitle button

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Lan Zhan / Lan WangJi (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)YiLing P. (L9)
    (S029) Charles J. Chrishunds (Charley)(S027) Usami Akihiko(S028) Fushimi Saruhiko
    Loki (L10)Skull 1Tony Stark (L9)

Quote Originally Posted by Alatariel View Post
    VSO looks like something a lot of people are using... what format is your raw file in? ConvertXtoDVD supports srt files to put with your avi's, mkv's, etc. if you're just streaming from your computer to your TV you should just be able to play it on VLC, but if you're burning to a DVD, yeah, you might need something like this.

VSO page, with bittorrent link at the top: h33t - VSO Software Collection 5-in-1[h33t][mazuki] - torrent
    This sounds promising. Do you have an http link? I can't use torrent

@KarumA
    My DVD player unfortunately can't read srt files - have tried it already.

jokerdrama
    hey i just want to share what i did this last week i also hardsub some of my series..heres a tutorial i used which i searched also in google...Add permanent subtitles to S/VCD,DVD,AVI with ffdshow/vobsub

basically download only ffdshow the latest version there's also a link on that forum and also download the TMPGEnc-2.525.64.184-EN that 2 application is all you need to hardsub the movie you want...you can also preview the movie that you are going to hardsub but take note that during preview there is no sound so the preview is basically to show you whether the sub is going to appear when the encoding is done.so make sure the sub is sync with the movie..if not you can google SUBSYNC application but to tell you the truth its REAAALLLYYYY hard to sync the subtitles so make sure you have the right sync sub before you performed hardsubbing...hope this will help...it works well to me when i hardsubbed HYENA korean tv series...hehehe