aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Tetsuo (L9)Heart 1 (Red)Youji (L9)
    Koujaku (L6)Heart 1 (Red)Aoba (L2)
    Ciel (L9)Pray for Japan

Another Silver Chaos Problem.

Well, I followed everything on installing and patching the game, and it worked.
    Part way into the beginning of the game, a MainSystem.exe error box pops up.

OS - Windows 7.

I have also tried running it as administrator but to no avail. ; A ;

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Give up lol. I had the same problem. People kept saying to change the language, reinstall, yadda yadda. I told them it wasn't working but they insisted I was doing something wrong. I got it to work ONCE randomly after fiddling with a bunch of stuff (i.e. languages, reinstalling, moving some files about.) but it was short lived. Tried to get the english patch working and the problems started all over again. If someone has a suggestion that isn't the same as the 500 others, please by all means I really wanted to try this game out.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

Did you happen to install anything that isn't part of the game, I've seen people download savefiles etc. that messed everything up and made things error. A bad patch or bad save can cause a lot of problems, your English patch is most likely the same. Some patches just won't work right because they are set up wrong.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Tetsuo (L9)Heart 1 (Red)Youji (L9)
    Koujaku (L6)Heart 1 (Red)Aoba (L2)
    Ciel (L9)Pray for Japan
    @ FreakPower / / Holy moly, I hope someone figures something out. I've actually played the game when I had XP, but now I want to replay the game, since it's been so long. D:

@ KarumA / / Yep, everything is in place, and there were no stray or extra files. It's not the patch's problem, since I checked what "MainFrame.exe" actually was, and it turns out...that it was the game itself. I downloaded the patch and game from the same providers I used during my first attempt at the game when my OS was still XP. It worked then. ; A ;

Extra / / I've also changed the language, and tried those other methods on getting the game to work. Still, nothing. = /

Perhaps Splash should make a new patch for the game that allows it to be played on Windows 7 (?)
    Last edited by Roxas; 03-07-2010 at 01:37 AM.

JRfann
    I found a solution that worked for me and I have Windows 7. IN the START menu, right click Silver Chaos and hit Troubleshoot Compatibility and follow the steps until the game starts. It worked for me countless times!

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Ren Katakura (L8)Ibuki Takahara (L8)(S013) Akihito
    (S014) KeisukeRyouta Sasamori (L7)Souma Yukihira (L7)
    Jack Frost (L9)Todoroki Shouto (L3)Genos (L8)

Quote Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
    Well, I followed everything on installing and patching the game, and it worked.
    Part way into the beginning of the game, a MainSystem.exe error box pops up.

OS - Windows 7.

I have also tried running it as administrator but to no avail. ; A ;
    Oh, This is a known issue The Sc 1.2 patch is noy compatible with Win 7 (64 bit), so you can only play the game on its original i.e. no patch, nor English. As the is no fix for this.
    F

Furede
    Quote Originally Posted by JRfann View Post
    I found a solution that worked for me and I have Windows 7. IN the START menu, right click Silver Chaos and hit Troubleshoot Compatibility and follow the steps until the game starts. It worked for me countless times!
    [lang=fr]It work for me too . Thank you ![/lang]

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Compability Mode

it helps too when you rightclick on the game icon and go into proprities
    there you make the game start in compability mode for XP
    it worked for me so here it is what I wanted to tell you
    *found it in french forums because my pc works in that language*

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Haku (L6)Kei Nozaki (L6)Yuuri (L6)
    Alphonse (L5)Albert (L6)Tsurugi Yuuichi (L4)
    Hakuren (L5)Fye (L5)
    Here's a fix that worked for silver chaos: eternal fanbox so this may or may not work for Silver Chaos
    Completely reinstall the game, then, before patching, go to VividColor/Silver Chaos/Pack and make a copy of the BGDATA file. Then run the patch and you will note that the BGDATA file changed size. Replace the patched one with the copy you made.

When you open up the game the menu should all be in japanese but the text will be translated. It worked for the sequel so maybe it works for the original

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by FreakPower View Post
    Give up lol. I had the same problem. People kept saying to change the language, reinstall, yadda yadda. I told them it wasn't working but they insisted I was doing something wrong. I got it to work ONCE randomly after fiddling with a bunch of stuff (i.e. languages, reinstalling, moving some files about.) but it was short lived. Tried to get the english patch working and the problems started all over again. If someone has a suggestion that isn't the same as the 500 others, please by all means I really wanted to try this game out.
    First sorry for my bad english. I used to have the same problem like you, i tried many ways and finally i found a way that work for me. I think you should try it.
    Delete all the files in forder Silvers Chao ( where you install the game ...... Vivid Color/ Silver Chaos )
    Go to the place that your silver chaos file extract -> Disc 1 -> Copy all and then paste it in ...... /VividColor/ SilverChaos
    And do the patch 1.2 and English patch
    After that, go to .... / VividColor / Silver Chaos and run Mainsystem in Window XP ( Service Pack 3)

Hope this work for u.