aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Can't Set Silver Chaos Fanbox to XP Compatibility Mode

When I try to install Silver Chaos Fanbox it works just fine. But, once I have installed the english patch it stops working and gives me "MainSystem.exe has stopped working." I tryed installing different versions and uses different patches, but it didn't help.

So, I tried setting the game to XP compatibility mode.

I tried setting the MainSystem.exe to XP compatibility mode and the game worked in Japanese, but for some weird reason it would not install. So, I tried setting Boot.exe to XP compatibility and it wouldn't install.

Since that didn't work I tried uses a different download, which required me mount it to a virtual CD. I mounted the Image.ccd and installed the game. The game worked and I tried setting one of the english patches to XP compatibility mode. But, after I patched the game it stopped working.

What do I need to set to XP compatibility mode to make this game work?

Does anyone know which download is the most likely to work? Does anyone know which download is the easiest to set to XP compatibility mode?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Tsuna (L10)Daisuke (L10)Katsuya (L10)
    Zoro (L10)Luffy (L10)Sora KH (L10)
    Yamamoto (L7)Sora (L6)Wish
    ahh... actually I get this error too... Reinstalling doesn't work... and changing the Unicode language doesn't either (if I remember correctly)

If you want to set the game to XP Compatibility Mode, try setting MainSystem.Exe or the shortcut that you use... it "should" work...

for me it i still get the MainSystem.Exe error but the game loads like 20% of the time so ya... i'm still satisfied... good luck!
    Last edited by Dragon297; 12-14-2009 at 05:33 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hello, I'm not sure if Dragon297's reply work for you, but I'll suggest an alternative.

For me, installation and patching is fine. I do get the same error, "MainSystem.exe has stopped working." To bypass this, I simply right-click and select run as an administrator; subsequently selecting "Allow" next. If my memory didn't fail me, it works most of the time. If it didn't, I'll simply retry and it works after a few tries.

I hope this helps.