aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Iridescent

Unhappy Silver Chaos Eternal Fantasia - Install guide? Please help

Hello everyone.

I've looked through the forum for literally hours trying to find any information that can help me, but haven't so was really hoping someone could help!

I've downloaded the game from two different posts (In one part, an in two parts) but I keep getting problems.

In case one I have it in two parts -
    SilverChaosFanboxEternalFantasia.001.rar (250mb)
    and
    SilverChaosFanboxEternalFantasia.002.rar (53.7mb)

Before trying to join them 001 contains the files
    IMAGE.ccd, IMAGE.img and IMAGE.sub
    and 002 contains "IMAGE.img <---" and IMAGE.sub

No Installer.xe or any of the other files that I normally see in game files.

I then try to join parts 001 and 002, but HJSplit can't find any 001 files in the folder, which I don't understand. And that's pretty much as far as that went.

So I thought I'd download it in one part in case that download was bad or something but although when I was downloading it it said it was the same size as the 2 part download, now as a RAR in the folder it's 65.5mb and when extracted it just holds the IMAGE.ccd file.

If anyone could help me resolve this with an installation guide or anything atall I would be incredibly thankful. My System can display Japanese characters and I am running Vista home edition.

Thank you!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

For the .ccd .img .sub files there is an explanation in the game forum, a sticky at the top that explains what are those(basically there are cd images you mount as a virtual cd with daemon tools).

As for the 001.rar I've never seen this before but maybe it's a non standard rar notation, anyway just open the 001.rar with winrar and extract to a directory, all the files should be there.

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Louise (L9)Katsuya (L10)Mr.R (L9)
    Sephiroth (L8)Aerith (L6)Vincent (L8)
    (S025) OzakiThor (L9)Chocobo
    Go with the single file you downloaded ~ the Image.ccd file is the whole game.

Just drag (extract) it out of the .rar folder and onto your desktop (or wherever, you can delete it after the game is installed anyway). Then start up Daemon Tools (if you don't have it, do a Google search - it's easy enough to find and free to download) and choose 'Virtual CD/DVD-Rom' > 'Device 0: [F:] No Media' > 'Mount image' and find the Image.ccd on your desktop in the window that pops up. The installation should start then.

Have Fun!

(PS: as for the weird split files (tho you won't need them after you follow the above at all - obviously), I've come across those too. With some experimenting i managed to figure it out, but can't recall off the top of my head how that was - and since I don't currently have any to test and tell you how, I don't want to give you false information.)

Don't forget to rate this thread a '5' so that the mods know the question is answered. Thanks!
    Last edited by eriberri; 12-11-2009 at 01:08 PM. Reason: fixed typo (grammar nazi!) :D

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by eriberri View Post
    Go with the single file you downloaded ~ the Image.ccd file is the whole game.
    Image.ccd is just an image descriptor, if it's the only thing he has he won't be able to do anything(the .ccd is a text file describing the image). The actual cd is in the IMAGE.img(but extracting all files normally is better).

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Louise (L9)Katsuya (L10)Mr.R (L9)
    Sephiroth (L8)Aerith (L6)Vincent (L8)
    (S025) OzakiThor (L9)Chocobo
    hmm.. fair enough.. though i gave it a shot with just the .ccd i had (no other files in the folder) and it worked. Odd.. :/