aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Exclamation Download error message-HELP- everythings in ??? marks

Sore ga Bokura no Ren'ai seigatsu-HELP

Ok so I downloaded disc 1 of off one of the forums in the download section. and I try to open the start.exe but its coming up as question marks.... I'm not sure what to do, I can kinda guess what it's asking, but I would really like it to be able to read it, or in japanese......
    Here are some screen shots...

I've attached them... I hope they show up
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Animemimirue8; 11-16-2009 at 07:30 PM.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Hibari (L2)Abe (L2)Hijikata (L2)
    Tsuna (L3)Mihashi (L2)Paako (L1)
    (S013) Akihito(S014) KeisukeTajima (L1)
    Hello there~

Looks to me that you haven't changed your computer to Japanese language yet, that's why your computer reads them as question marks ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by obsidianstars3 View Post

Q3) I can't see the Japanese words! They come out as gibberish or in question marks.

A3) That's most-likely because you have not installed any sort of Japanese language support. You'll need to have the Japanese langauge support before you can be able to view the Japanese characters. Windows XP users will need to go to My Computer >> Control Panel >> Regional and Languages Options, then click on the Languages tab, check mark the Install files for East Asian languages, insert your Windows XP CD and let it install those languages. Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with other forms of Windows. NJStar and Asiansuite may work for Win98, but they do not work for certain games like Silver Chaos. You'll just have to suffer it out or get Windows XP.
    Please refer obsidianstars3's FAQ HERE if you're interested in reading more.

Hope that helps!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Evoco View Post
    Hello there~

Looks to me that you haven't changed your computer to Japanese language yet, that's why your computer reads them as question marks ^^;

Please refer obsidianstars3's FAQ HERE if you're interested in reading more.

Hope that helps!
    no, I've already changed it to be able to write AND read in japanese, so I'm not sure what's going on (((( Thanks for trying to help though

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Hibari (L2)Abe (L2)Hijikata (L2)
    Tsuna (L3)Mihashi (L2)Paako (L1)
    (S013) Akihito(S014) KeisukeTajima (L1)
    Hm... that's awfully strange... Is this your first time installing a game? Has this happen before? Try installing a different game, and if the same things happen, it's verrrry likely related to Windows and its language. Are you sure you've changed your system locale to Japanese?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hm... that's awfully strange... Is this your first time installing a game? Has this happen before? Try installing a different game, and if the same things happen, it's verrrry likely related to Windows and its language. Are you sure you've changed your system locale to Japanese?

yea, actually, i installed enzai before this, but it had english in it...so I'm not completely sure, but I KNOW it reads AND writes japanese

ex: 私のコムピュウタルは日本語がよみます。

My computer reads japanese~!!, but I'm going to try downloading another game like you suggest, and see what happense.....

Thank you

~Mimi

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

It's really weird, right now I just downloaded the Kuroshitsuji BL game (can't read the name cuz it's in jibberish,) and it's in jibberish too.....idk.......... but when I download both games, and am inside the game (atleast for SBRS), my computer reads the japanese, it just doesn't read it in the title or installation menu......idk............

I'm about to try to install Kuroshitsuji right now

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Asami (L9)Isshin (L5)Rai (L7)
    Aizen (L1)Firion (L2)Genji (L1)
    Heine (L1)(S015) Ewon(S012) Hollow Ichigo
    You can tell if you changed it in Japanese if the "\" in your explorer's address bar are replaced by yen signs. (like in C:\Program files for example)